Chapter 2

The Guy with an Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went by and Baekhyun couldn't see Chanyeol more than once in a week. But even though his mind wasn't able to remove images of him from that night, and everytime he stepped in the office, he wished he could see that person again with the same smile on his face.

Even after weeks of that incident in the canteen, Baekhyun hoped that Chanyeol wasn't as cold as other people thought him to be. So, when Kyungsoo ordered him to bring some paperwork to the CEO on behalf of him, a big part of him was nervous but a small part was squelling internally because he hadn't seen the taller for a week now and it made him restless.

When he reached the 11th floor, he was greeted by the secretary, who told him to wait outside till she reaches the CEO to ask for permission. He went in after waiting outside for 15 minutes with heavy files in his arms. As he walked in, after knocking twice, he saw Chanyeol sitting in front of his desk, papers in his hands, glasses on his nose and his eyes focused. Maybe he didn't even notice Baekhyun's presence.

"Excuse Me, Sir." Baekhyun whispered inaudibly, noticing that the CEO didn't hear him and the wieght in his arms being too heavy, he dropped them on the table trying to make no noise which he did but as soon as the wieght was lifted from his hands, he couldn't help but sigh in relief, which unexpectedly was bit louder.

"S-sorry." Baekhyun apologized as soon as Chanyeol looked at him. The CEO narrowed his eyes, as he scanned the brunette in front of him.

"Actually, I came on behalf of Mr. Do. These are the files you asked for." Chanyeol nodded, as he looked at the top file.

"You are new?"

"Y-yes sir, Byun Baekhyun."

"You may go now." Chanyeol said before going to his files but Baekhyun did not leave.

"I guess I asked you to go?"

"Uh, Mr. Do asked me to get the files back with me."

"So, you are telling me I have to check all these files and send back it to him, now? Are you kidding me?"

"Act-" Baekhyun was about to say something when Chanyeol signalled him to stop through his hand gesture, as he dialled a number before attaching the phone to his ear as he got up from his chair, walking a bit in order to stretch his rather numb limbs.

"Mr. Do, do I work for you or you work for me? How can you send so many files to me and expect me to send them back with your alter one."

"What?.....Okay." Chanyeol hung up and looked at Baekhyun, who was fidgeting at his place. Baekhyun hated it, the colorless things always contrasted with his colorful mind and thus he felt uncomfortable in the rather dark room.  Chanyeol's cabin was all black, white and grey like there is no life in the room. It gave no happy vibes,  it matched how others described Chanyeol.

"Cold." Baekhyun said as he looked around the colorless walls and things.

"Excuse me?"

"This feels so cold, why don't you color your cabin into something bright?"

"Mr. Byun, First, I think you are here as a representator of your Head, Mr. Do and Second you are not someone who can tell me what I should do or not."

"I gave a suggestion."

"I don't need one,"

"You do, but you don't want it."

"I don't need or want any suggestions from you, you are here for a work and which I suppose you can't do properly." Chanyeol said as he walked closer to the brunette, he was almost hovering over Baekhyun, when Baekhyun was suddenly confused, his eyes which were confident just a second before, were now like of curious cat, so pure and cute. Chanyeol clenched his jaw tightly, removing the thoughts from his mind.

"What?"

"When I asked If I have to send all the files today itself couldn't you tell me that I have to check only first 2 pages of each file as others are the copies of them? But instead you give color scheme ideas to your boss, talking so recklessly with him?"

"Mr. Park, I was about to tell you when you called Mr. Do also I am sorry for giving a suggestion for something that shows life in your rather colorless office room."

"You know I can fire you?"

"I do know that, but I hope you won't on any baseless grounds just because you are the boss."

"I did, just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter