Chapter 13

The Guy with an Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stared at the brunette with a questioning look as he kept the file down watching him making his way towards the couch across the room in front of his desk. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows before getting up and walking towards the shorter as Baekhyun layed all the lunch on the table, before clapping his hands in victory after putting all the dishes.


"What is this Mr. Byun?" Chanyeol asked as he stood with arms crossed in front of Baekhyun, who just smiled and pulled him down on the couch and gave him the food tray.

"This is our lunch, should we start?"

"What I mean is-" Chanyeol couldn't complete as Baekhyun put the egg roll in his mouth, and Chanyeol would be raging and throwing the person doing this to him out by now, but he couldn't even think about doing so when it came to Baekhyun. The shorter felt warm and Chanyeol just couldn't deny deep inside that his presence made him feel safe, cliche much. Now lost Chanyeol just chewed on his food and started eating his food, but he never ate with anyone.

He never ate with Jongin and Soomin even after all these years of friendship, he just couldn't after his father died, he never did, it was something neither Yoora, his mother or his friends understood but he would't be able to do so. He looked at the brunette sitting in front of him, eating with him, with his mouthful trying to smile at Chanyeol and he couldn't help but chuckle at Baekhyun.

"Mr. Byun, please don't eat like a 5-year old." Chanyeol replied as he shook his head while eating his food. Baekhyun just smiled while shrugging, trying to finish his food. Both of them eating in complete silence only that it was nothing close to uncomfortable one that Chanyeol is used to or Baekhyun thought it could be like. After lunch Baekhyun cleared the table while shooing Chanyeol away who offered to help.

"Let me help too, Mr. Byun." Chanyeol said while sighing trying to get the tray.

"You're the CEO, Mr. Park."

"Wow, this might be the first time you acknowledge me, Mr. Byun." Chanyeol sarcastically replied, Baekhyun quickly stood up with the paper bag in his hand giving the taller a nervous smile, because even if Chanyeol was humouring he wasn't wrong.

"I'll see you in the meeting, Mr. Park." Baekhyun said as he left before Chanyeol could say anything, but he just shook his head as he walked back to his desk. Arranging the files for the meeting he had in sometime, with a small smile playing on his face.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun had a huge smile on his face as he walked through the corridors, while swinging the paper bag in his hand, the other employees giving him weird looks, that he just ignored all of them and made his way to his desk. He was checking the files that were to be taken for the meeting before he left to arrange the conference room with Jongdae.

"Who the hell does this? He's such a stone hearted person."

"We've been working our asses off since morning and now this meeting."

"Mr. Kim and Ms. Choi are such good people, how are they even friends with this jer-"

"Young Ho-ssi, I don't think you should be talking about someone like this. Specially your CEO and when you don't know things."

"And what do you know Baekhyun?" Young Ho asked with a raised eyebrow as he scoffed at the brunette. Baekhyun took a deep breathe but before he could utter a word, he heard a familiar name being called and all of them turned around.

"Hello, Mr. Park." The employee greeted Chanyeol, who greeted them back and looked in front of him, the four employees

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter