Chapter 8

The Guy with an Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was talking with Jongin and Soomin when he got the message from Baekhyun saying he won't be able to make it to the party. He didn't care, it was his wish if he wanted to come or not, it's none of his business. Yet after sending the reply to Baekhyun he felt sad, he kept looking at his phone hoping for a text saying that he'll be late but he'll come or he was just joking but nothing.

"Yah! Yeol, You okay?" Soomin asked concerned for his friend, who kept checking his phone and looking distressed.

"I am good, just some headache, plus I have to attend Kris's party."

"Take some rest then, as if we are back for good now." Jongin replied with a huge smile on his face, patting Chanyeol's head who just shrugged his hand with a frown, making both his friend with a chuckle.

"Does that mean I will be irritated all the time by you guys now?"

"Of course you will be, Mr. Park."


Park Chanyeol, the cold hearted, stone faced, there were many names that people who didn't know him called but only few knew what he had faced, what made him keep his distance from everyone and Jung Soomin and Kim Jongin were the only ones after his Sister who knew everything, his bestfriends since the very start, the one who never left.

"Ah, Mina, I'll pick you up for the party?"

"Weren't you suppose to pick some employee of yours?"

"Well, He cancelled."

"Okay then, I'll be ready." Soomin chirped with a big smile, Jongin and Chanyeol chuckled at their friend, excited for the party.

"Thank God, I won't be alone in the party."

"We'll always be there for you, Yeol." Jongin said as Chanyeol smiled at him before walking to his room.

"Is that how you treat us now? Going to your room, leaving us here?"

"I am tired, I'll get some sleep before the party."

"We are leaving as well, meet you at the party." Chanyeol just waved at them, as Soomin just cursed at her friend for taking them for granted and ill-treating his friends who came back after months, he just waved ignoring her.










"Baek, Seriously? You won't tell me what happened?" Kyungsoo asked as he sipped on his coffee, looking at his cousin sulking on the couch in his pyjamas, browsing through the channels, with hot chocolate in his other hand.

"Nothing happened."

"So you just cancelled on Mr. Park without any reason for Mr. Wu's party?"

"I just don't want to go with him."

"You mean you didn't want to go with your Crush?"

"What crush? He's just my boss, nothing else."

"Yeah, Yeah."

"Why are you so dressed up though?" Baekhyun asked sitting straight, putting his cup on the table and giving all of his attention to his cousin, who had a mischiveous smile on his face, trying to act natural.

"Well, I was invited as well to the party."

"Seriously? I'll be alone at home? Mom cancelled, you are going out, great."

"Just come with me then."

"To the party?"

"Yes,"

"But I already told Mr. Park-"

"Don't worry about him seeing you, he won't have time to look around him. He's always quite and in business conversations, so that won't be a problem."

"You sure about that?"

"Yes!" Baekhyun just smiled at his cousin and got up from the couch, where he was sulking for hours after the reply f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter