Chapter 31

The Guy with an Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was walking towards his desk, with his head feeling heavy from all the drinks he's had last night and could only imagine his best friend's condition who ended up gobbling too many drinks feeling happy for Baekhyun. The brunette smiled over the memories of last night as he reached his table and found a bottle of energy drink, he looked around to find everyone with one on their table.

He was about to ask Jongdae about it when his phone buzzed in his pocket. It showed a message from the CEO, that he quickly and excitedly opened with a smile playing on his lips.

'I hope this helps with the hangover.'

Baekhyun quickly replied before he kept his phone away and taking the bottle in his hand and shaking his head. Jongdae looked at him with a confused face before moving closer to the brunette.

"Hey, why are you smiling?"

"M-Me? Smiling?"

"Yes, you. Is it the drink? I thought it was weird that the Boss suddenly gave energy drinks to everyone, so early in the morning."

"What's so weird about it? It's not the first time, he did this when we all did overtime as well." Baekhyun replied, defending his boyfriend, while he sipped from the bottle in one go. He was annoyed how people and his own employees questioned their boss's goodwill and kindness.

"I just said, I didn't mean any harm. You don't have to get so defensive, I just meant that the Boss looks a bit different nowadays, he acts nice? I guess."

"And your point is?"

"Do you really not feel it's weird that he's acting nic-"

"Ha, you guys don't like him because he's cold and now that he's nice you think he's weird? It's like you guys make him into what you all are comfortable with him being like." Baekhyun cut him and replied with an annoyed face, he thought Jongdae would be the last person to act like the other colleagues, but he felt so angry at the time and could feel Jongdae confused and angry.

"Baek-"

"Mr. Byun, Let's go." Kyungsoo came with a few files in his hand and handing them to the latter who quickly got up from his seat, wanting to just get away from his friend. He was huffing and walking towards the elevator with his cousin when he realized he walked without thinking.

"Wait- Where are we going, Mr. Do?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at his cousin after stepping into the elevator. Kyungsoo looked at him with a wild expression, checking his head for fever before shaking his head.

"Are you still drunk? We'd be working with the CEO and CFO starting today, remember?" Kyungsoo asked as he shook his head while waiting for the elevator to reach the floor. 

"W-wait, it was you and Eun Soo-ssi, who was supposed to go for this arrangement. Why am I the one assisting you?" Baekhyun questioned his cousin, confused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter