Chapter 24

The Guy with an Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was sitting on his chair, Kris in front of him talking about his last project which was successful thanks to Chanyeol and his company but the taller's mind was clouded by a certain brunette's thoughts.

It's already been a week since, he last saw him, let alone have lunch with him. He would see him in the corridors from afar but either Chanyeol or Baekhyun would change the direction or avoid each other.

Chanyeol also saw the guy from the terrace with Baekhyun, a little more than usually. He'd be laughing with him, eating in the cafeteria, not noticing how Chanyeol would stare from a distance with an unreadable expression, wanting to be closer but scared to hurt the brunette because of him. It wasn't a lie when Tae Rin told him people around him end up getting hurt because of him. 

But why couldn't he help but wish to be just close to him again, have lunch with him, drop him home, hold his hand, he just wanted that.

"-yeol, are you listening?" Kris asked, as he saw the guy not responding to him or his questions.

"What?" Chanyeol asked, after getting pulled out of his thoughts by the blonde's voice. 

"I asked if you are okay? You were dozing off." Kris asked with a chuckle, because that was unusual of Chanyeol, he was the perfectionist and he hardly in their 3 years of business acted so casual with Kris. The blonde was aware of the article going around the company, he had his ways. But he wasn't aware of the fact that Chanyeol would be affected by that, it wasn't like him for sure.

"Are you thinking about what happened last week? Did you find the person who did it?"

"We did, we are waiting for them to come forward by today. Why are you here anyways?" Chanyeol asked him, not really wanting to converse with anyone at the moment, but Kris seem to be a little admant and childish and he knows it too well, he's here either because he's bored or with a story for Chanyeol that he's hardly ever interested in.

"Right, Chanyeol. Did you ever feel like keeping someone really close to you, like wanting to see them smile all the time, taking care of them, going to them when you are going through something or wanting to be the first person they come to when in a problem, like a person for you, someone who is for you or someone you are for." Kris says, with dreamy eyes, as he stands beside Chanyeol in front of the window, staring out at the sky, with a smile on his face. Chanyeol smiled to himself as his thoughts ran back to Baekhyun, did Kris read his thoughts?

"Why do you ask?" Chanyeol asked with an raised eyebrow, looking back at his friend who was still deep in thoughts.

"I feel those emotions around him, way too much. It's overwhelming, all these twist and turns in my stomach, this weird sensation all over my body."

"What does that mean?" Kris looks at Chanyeol, confused at the taller's question. He stared at him for few seconds before breaking out laughing loudly at his friend's expression.

"Yah! Why do you look at me like that? You are CEO of one of the leading company's yet you ask me such a dumb question." Kris said, still laughing and shaking his head, before taking a deep breathe and calming himself down because Chanyeol was glaring him by now, he cleared his throat before throwing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter