Nothing Hides Forever

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The enveloping silence filled with tension was broken by Yeonwoo's father.
"We will see if you can keep your word," Yonwoo's father said.   Yeonwoo's father was no idiot. He was angry with Jaehwan and his family. But for the sake of the friendship the two families had and for the respect he had for Jaehwan's father, he had to make sure his emotions don't get the better of him.     Jaehwan's father could only listen with his head hanging low in shame.        Yeonwoo's father followed behind the three, his wife, his daughter and Nancy. However, when they reached near the car, a lean figure of a man in his 50s caught their attention.  
"Is everything alright?" The man asked, glancing back at Jaehwan's family standing in the background and then back at Yeonwoo's father. He had listened to the exchanges that happened in the distance but he didn't understand the entire situation.
Yeonwoo's father gave a monosyllabic affirmation to the man, making sure he doesn't ask anything further. The man was a stranger and all Yeonwoo's father could offer a stranger was doubt. And on top of that, he didn't want people knowing what had happened to his daughter.     "Is this your family? I thought this was your home."
This time, the man seemed to direct his question at Nancy.     Nancy hesitated and Yeonwoo pulled her closer. "Do you know him?" Yeonwoo feebly asked.    
"She is just a friend of my daughter. And may I ask who you are?" Yeonwoo's mother came forth.   The man looked between Nancy and Yeonwoo's mother, seemingly unable to explain who he was.     The following silence was interrupted by Nancy's phone ringing in her pocket. "A-Ajushi drove me here," Nancy said as she rejected the incoming call from her mother.     "Ah- yes. I was worried. She was so much in distress when she rushed right in the middle of the road and stopped my car. She asked me to drive her home but I thought I would not leave until I make sure she is safe" The man said.  
"What the hell were you thinking Nancy?" Yeonwoo dumbfoundedly asked.     
"In that case, we will take her to her home." Yeonwoo's mother said, proceeding to walk the last few steps towards the car.  
"Yeonwoo, sit in the front with your father"  
Yeonwoo looked at her mother and her hold around Nancy became tighter. "Amma, I think I'll sit at the back"  
Yeonwoo's father, sensing the tension, looked between the mother and the daughter before going around and opening the driver's seat.  
When Yeonwoo entered the backseat with Nancy, she could still sense the death stare of her mother. As much as she was afraid, she was not going to back down and act the way her mother wanted her to. She knew she needed to fight back if she wanted her relationship with Nancy to last.                 The ride to Nancy's place was quiet and Yeonwoo's head was filled with uneasiness. For all she knew, Jaehwan could come and do something bad to Nancy. And the fact that Nancy will still be in the same school where Jaehwan has a lot of influence scared her to no end.
He had gone this far with someone he claimed he loves. Yeonwoo knew he would not hesitate to do something this reckless to Nancy if given the chance, for the sake of revenge.  
As if sensing Yeonwoo's anxiety, Nancy moved herself closer towards Yeonwoo, entangling their fingers together.          
"Yobo, are you alright?" Yeonwoo's father suddenly asked in the silence.   "No. I an not" Yeonwoo's mother stated in a cracking voice. "I..." She took a long breath. "I won't be able to tell anything about this to my mother. I don't know what I am going to do with your daughter. Never in all of these years has she brought good news. "    
"What happened today was not Yeonwoo's fault" Came her husband's reply.     "What happened today was as much your daughter's fault as it is Jaehwan's" Yeonwoo's mother countered in a higher tone, making Yeonwoo flinch. "I don't know why she seems to attract so much trouble. No one good ever comes into her life. First, it was with that gangster kid -"   Nancy and Yeonwoo both knew Yeonwoo's mother was referring to Kai. Yeonwoo wanted to die in regret and embarrassment.   "And now, she nearly got-"  
"Stop it!" Yeonwoo's father interjected. "We can talk about this at home"    
A moment of silence followed.  
"I don't know what to do with her anymore." Yeonwoo's mother was softly sobbing. She was not proud of her daughter's past and what had just happened a few hours ago. She also blamed herself for what had happened to her daughter. Why she had been too blind to see that Jaehwan was also a bad influence. She was afraid of Yeonwoo's future. And despite her elder daughter's assurance that Yeonwoo might only be in a phase, she couldn't help but worry her daughter would indeed turn out biual for real. She decided that it was her deepest fear. She would not be able to deal it. She would rather die in mortification. "She doesn't listen to me anymore. She-She is proving to be much more throuble-"     Nancy's phone rang again, silencing Yeonwoo's mother mid-sentence.
She hurriedly rejected the call again, fearing any sound would intensify the frustration of Yeonwoo's mother. Nancy wanted to be invisible. She understood, as soon as Yeonwoo's mother mentioned about Yeonwoo attracting trouble, she knew Yeonwoo's mother was also implying to her.    
"Call her back." Yeonwoo softly said. "She must be worried"   Before Nancy could nod, her phone rang again and she hurriedly picked up the phone, not because she felt the sudden urgency to tell her mot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter