'I Just Wanted To Talk' will go wrong in so many ways

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been almost half an hour since they were in the same position. Throughout the time, Yeonwoo had been whispering words of assurance with her hands gently the hair of her lover who was lying on top of her.

As the moments passed on, Nancy was also becoming heavier but Yeonwoo didn't mind it. She had more pressing issues to worry about. For instance, she was aware that she was currently only wearing her black bra and she didn't know how she would go about handling the awkwardness that will inevitably follow when the two decide to get up because Yeonwoo knew, sooner or later, they'd have to get up from the bed anyway.

She knew Nancy didn't mean any of this. She knew Nancy only acted out of frustration. She knew Nancy was not ready. She is only 15. She thought. She's turning 16 soon. It was true that April was just around the corner. Yeonwoo felt her face warm up at the thought. What the hell am I thinking? She is only 16. 

 

 

She mentally sighed making her eyes wander until it landed on her purple shirt lying on the ground.

 

Perfect. she thought as sweat started to cover her forehead. 

 

 

"Yeonnu ya? Nancy ya?" 


Yeonwoo gulped as Hyebin's voice got closer. If Hyebin got the wrong idea, she new she will not hear the end of it.

 


"Yeonwoo?" Hyebin called and the voice seemed to be coming from right out the door.

 


"Hyebin, I-I'm in here"

 


"Let's go help Nancy's mom cook. Taeha already went to the kitchen. By the way, is Nancy there too?"

 


"She's here"

 


"Jooe has bee-" Hyebin turned the knob to find that it was locked. "OH God, Its locked" Hyebin could be heard saying in alarm. 
 'LOCKED' Hyebin's mind screamed, walking away with record speed, covering her ears with her hands.

 


"It-its not what you think" Yeonwoo tried to defend but Hyebin was not there to hear her.

 

 


Nancy silently blinked. She chose to remain silent. She would have been beyond mortified if it was any other day but she wasn't feeling any of it now. 

 

 

And truthfully, she didn't care anymore.

Everything suddenly felt so ephemeral to her. Tomorrow, they would be gone. And in less than two weeks, Yeonwoo would be on another continent, far away from her. She didn't even want to start thinking about how many years Yeonwoo would be gone away. Just thinking of even a single day without seeing her was already killing Nancy. 

Why does it have to be so painful? Is love supposed to be always this painful? 
What if she meets someone and forgets me?

 

The thoughts were like acids on her bare skin. She felt a stubborn lump in .

 


"Nancy?" Yeonwoo softly called, interrupting her sad thoughts.

 

She didn't reply.

 

"Can we go downstairs now?"

 

Nancy nodded her head and pulled herself up and sat on the bed facing the door.

 

Yeonwoo suddenly felt cool air hit her exposed skin. 

She was thankful Nancy didn't look at her at least.

 

Now what? how am I to pick up my shirt? 
And to make matters worse, the shirt lay exactly where Nancy was facing.

 

Go down, bend and just pick up. Go down, bend and just pick up. 


You're not this timid. Yeonwoo encouraged herself and got off the bed, and scooped up her shirt off the floor, putting it on swiftly.

God, this is so embarrassing.

 

She turned around and found Nancy's eyes.

 

"I-I'm sorry unnie" Nancy mumbled.


What was Yeonwoo supposed to reply? That 'it's alright, you are allowed to do that'?

 

She settled for, "don't worry about that, let's get downstairs"


Just then, Yeonwoo realized the sadness in those red and slightly puffed eyes o Nancy.

 

"Nancy ya, you okay?" she asked stepping closer and bending down.

 


"I am not okay" Nancy spoke, staring deeply into her unnie's eyes, "Can't you choose a college somewhere nearby?" 

 


"I-I wish I could, Nancy. You have no idea." Yeonwoo whispered it so quietly like the words were supposed to remain hidden. 

"It'll only be three years. It's not like I'll be gone forever"


She didn't have a choice. Her parents had been planning for her to go abroad since she was little. And as long as she was under he parents care, she couldn't do as she pleased. She could argue but she also knew that her parents have more reason to send her away now, just so they could make sure she stayed farther away from Nancy.


Nancy tore away her eyes from Yeonwoo's to look down on the floor. She couldn't take it. She couldn't take any more of this. Three years was a long time. People can change considerably in that length of time.

 

"You can't go away three years. It-Its too long."

 


"It's not long, Nancy," she reassured her, sitting down with her knees on the floor and taking Nancy's hand. "I'll come home on holidays. And even if our holidays don't fall at the same time, I could come to visit the dorms. And when you are back home and I am not, then we can video call each other for hours. Three years will go by before you know it"

 


"I don't want to stay in the dorms. I want to be home. I can talk to you every day that way" 

 


"Pabo, if we keep talking every day then you'll fail your high school and I will fail my college. So, listen to me and stay in the dorms."

 


"I don't want to. I'll only call you for 10 minutes each day. I promise I won't waste your time"

 


Yeonwoo didn't know what to say anymore.

She really didn't want Nancy staying home. If she stayed in the dorms, at least she could be in peace knowing that Jane, Nayun and Taeha are taking care of Nancy. Staying home was risky. Just thinking about Nancy making new guy friends and going home together with them or the guys constantly calling her phone gave her a horrible feeling. 


"But don't you want to be with them? You can also ask Jane unnie when you don't know you maths or physics. You'll have no one to ask at home here and besides, won't miss them?"

 


"I'll see them every day at school. But if I stay in the dorms, I wouldn't know what you're doing every day. What if you changed one day and don't want to talk to me when I come back home on holidays anymore? what if you meet someone else and forget about me?" 

 


"Nancy, where is all that coming from? Don't you trust me?"

 


"I don't" 

 


"Why not?"

 


"I don't know," Nancy replied, breaking eye contact.

 


"what about you? do you think I don't worry about you finding someone better than me while I'm away?" Yeonwoo asked.

 


"I'm not like that" Nancy snaped.

 


You're only 16 Nancy. You haven't met half the person you're supposed to meet in your life. Yeonwoo wanted to say this but she decided against it.
"But you'd let people kiss you?" that slipped out of nowhere. Subin's bold move of kissing Nancy right in front of her was still something that haunts her, the pain she felt was so crippling she could not bear to even think about the same thing happening twice.

 


"What are you talking about?" Nancy asked.

 


"You know who I'm talking about. Why didn't you push him away, Nancy?"

 


That only infuriated Nancy a little bit more.

"The same reason you didn't push Jaehwan away when he was all over your face."


That shut Yeonwoo up for quite some time.

 

"What do you mean by that Nancy?"

 

"You think I didn't see you two in the dorm backyard th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter