The Calm Before Storm

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Yeonwo ya" Hyebin opened the door the next morning at 6.30   "What?"   "So, last night, Jooe was crying so hard I took her to the warden and Jooe begged her to call Nancy's mother. So, Nancy will be here tonight. Yay"
"Yeah" Yeonwoo replied, still not turning towards Hyebin.   "Alright. Let's go to school at 8" Hyebin said.     But when Hyebin came to Yeonwoo's room again at 8, fully dressed for school, Yeonwoo was still on the bed.   "What the ! What the hell!" Hyebin exclaimed as soon as she opened the door. "You are still sleeping? Its freaking 8.12 am." Hyebin said shaking Yeonwoo.   "God! Hyebin, Go away. I am trying to get some sleep here"   "What? Did you go bank robbing or something last night?" Hyebin asked.   "I didn't get a second of sleep last night, okay? leave me alone to sleep and don't ask me why I didn't sleep last night because I'll never tell you. Now go the hell away." Yeonwoo said folding her hands in a praying style.     "Ugh! This is so unlike you. All of the kids will be asking me why you're not coming. If I tell them you're sick, they'll worry. if I tell them you didn't sleep last night, they'll worry. God, why are you putting me in this situation?" Hyebin gave an exaggerated sigh and left.       ******************************************         Yeonwoo awoke at 4. Now that she was awake, her mind busied itself with the same draining thoughts that kept her awake the entire night: Self-hate that came with the realisation that she was indeed falling for her junior. A part of her was yearning to see Nancy, the other part of her dreaded the moment she would see her. She was torn.    
She got up and headed to the bathroom to brush and take a bath.       "Yeonwoo unnie" It was Taeha. Footsteps of an army were heard outside the bathroom.
"Are you alright, unnie" Jane asked.
"Why didn't you come to school?" Daisy asked.       "Guys, I am okay. I just didn't want to go to school today. No big deal" Yeonwoo replied from inside the bathroom.  
"Okay. Come to our room after you get out of there. Nancy is coming tonight. Yay." Ahin said.   They all walked away.    
She sat down inside the bathroom and covered her face with her hands trying to calm the stirring in her chest.     Her stomach growled. "God! I think I should eat something before I die," she said getting up.          
It was already night again and Yeonwoo kept to her room. She could hear everyone chattering at Daisy-Ahin's room waiting for Nancy.  
"What are you still doing here," Hyebin said standing akimbo at the door. Before Yeonwoo can open to answer, Hyebin walked in and dragged her to Daisy-Ahin's room.      
"We should wait for her outside," Jooe said after a while.
"Yeah. Why didn't we think of that earlier" Taeha said getting up.   When Taeha got up, Nancy was at the door.   "Nancy!" Jooe lunged forward and everybody joined in the group hug.   With everybody separating the space between Nancy and Yeonwoo, Nancy still struggled to get a glimpse of Yeonwoo at the back.   Yeonwoo gulped when their eyes met for a brief second, all kinds of emotions springing forth. She was feeling happy, mostly.     She went joined in the group hug.   Everyone went back to their seats. It was now only Jooe who was hugging Nancy.
"why did you take so long," Jooe asked with tears all over her face.   "But, I am here now, Jooe," Nancy said as she wiped her own tears away.     Nancy sat with Jooe holding her hand as the friends talked about many things. From fun stuff to the things Nancy had missed in class.       Nancy would sometimes look at Yeonwoo.     
It was 8 pm. and Hyebin starte
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter