I Want To Be There For You

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nancy, you ready?” Yeonwoo called from outside the door.

 

“We ’re ready” Jooe replied.
The door opened and the two emerged.

 

Just like any other day, Yeonwoo took Nancy’s hand and they walked out of the building.

 

"Its like we will never be able to  walk home with Nancy anymore.” Jooe said woefully.
“Next Thursday, we have History test, next, we have Maths and then, I don’t know, Physics and then Geography and blah blah blah. Then there will be internal assessment exam. There won't be no chemistry test again.” Jooe continued, shaking her head.

 

“I guess Nancy will have to redeem in the internal assessment exam.” Ahin supplied.

 


Yeonwoo didn’t think about this until now. The after-school study will have to go on until the internal assessment examination. Her chance had slipped. 
The feeling of anger grew within her. She didn’t know who to blame. 
Desperation filled her system.

She let this happen right before her own eyes. 

 

“Aza Aza Fighting Nancy!” Daisy said lifting her fist.

 

Nancy just kept on walking with her head down.
“I don’t know if I’ll ever walk out of the group study.”
“I thought I finally did my best and all I ended up getting was 15” 

 

“Its just two marks short,” Hyebin said.

 

“Wait, Nancy, are you sure you expected more than what you got?” Yeonwoo asked.

 

‘I can't say I’m sure but I really thought I’d at least get 20” 


Yeonwoo stopped walking.
“We’re checking your test paper today. Maybe the teacher made a mistake in counting the marks. This happens sometimes. And I won't be able to rest until I see the paper”

 

“nuh-uh! You ain't going. Let Nancy check the paper on her own. Maybe Daisy can accompany her.” Hyebin said.


“But I want to see it,” Yeonwoo said.

 

“I don’t think it will be wise considering how it went the last time”

 

“What last time are you guys talking about, Hyebin unnie?” Ahin enquired.

 

“last week, your Yeonwoo unnie and I went to Kim sunsangnim to ask if Yeonwoo can volunteer tutoring Nancy and he refused and told her to focus on her own studies instead. He must have really felt like Yeownoo was doubting and criticising his arrangements.” 

 

“I did not mean it like that, stupid Hyebin. Are you even sure Kim sunsangnim thought of me like that?”

 

“You told him and I quote 'The study session dosen't see to be working well for Nancy’. Now tell me if that didn’t sound like criticism? And you going with her to check her papers will only look like you’re freaking meddling, you knucklehead.”

 

“Alright, fine. I won't go in with them. okay? But we can at least wait for them outside the staff room, right?

 

 

“Wait, Yeonwoo unnie, you actually went and asked my science teacher you wanted to tutor me?” Nancy asked.

 

“Did you not hear when I said we went and she asked?” Hyebin facepalmed.

 

Nancy couldn’t help the smile that formed on her lips. She didn’t know her unnie cared for her that much.

She felt special.

 

 


The friends went straight for the staff room.

Nancy and Daisy walked in while Yeonwoo, Hyebin, Ahin and Jooe waited outside.

 

But they came out quick.
“Kim sunsangnim hasn’t arrived yet,” Daisy said.

 

“Alright. we can come back here after school”
“Let's all meet up after classes are over. Now go up to your class.” Hyebin said.

 

**************************************************

 


The first period was over before the bell even rang. The Maths teacher excused himself saying he had to make an important call.

 

Jooe, Nancy and Ahin were on their way to the toilet.

 

“I may take a while,” Jooe said.
“I need to change my pad. My current pad is overflown  and I think I have got a tiny stain on my skirt too.”


“Take all the time you need,” Ahin said before opening the lavatory door.

 

“Guys, maybe I can go to Kim sunsangnim with Daisy now.” Nancy said.

 

“He must be taking other classes,”Ahin said.

 

“The bell will ring in 7 minutes. I can wait for him in the staff room” Nancy said checking her wristwatch and she started walking.

 


She looked into her classroom to call Daisy out but saw Daisy was busy explaining something to one of the girls.

 

Nancy decided to go alone.

 


She went down the stairs and headed for the staff room. When she rounded a corner, Sehun came out from the staffroom carrying a stack of books.


“Nancy?” Sehun called.

It wasn't everyday that he saw Nancy near the staffroom.

 

Nancy smiled and waved a little at Sehun and diverted her eyes.


“Where’re you going?” He asked.


“To Kim sunsangnim” Nancy replied shortly and kept walking.

 

“Nancy, wait, we need to talk”

 

Nancy said nothing and kept on walking.

 

“Nancy wait, why are you always avoiding me like this?  What did I ever do to you?” Sehun asked stopping Nancy in her tracks.

 

Nancy threw furtive glances to the sides.
“I can’t talk to you Sehun uppa” She whispered.

 

“And why not?” he asked.

 

“I just can’t” Nancy replied.

 

Sehun looked dumbfounded for a while. 
He quickly shifted the notebooks he was carrying to his left arm and began dragging Nancy towards the one empty calssroom near the staffroom.

 


“What the hell” Nancy complained.


Sehun only let go of Nancy’s hand once they were inside the room and he blocked the exit.


“What is wrong with you?” Nancy asked.


“I have to ask you the same thing.” He replied.


“Do not touch me or drag me like that ever again” Nancy said.

 

“Why are you going to Kim sunsangnim?” Sehun asked after a moment.

 

“I just needed to ask him to let me check my test paper.”

 

“Okay. I don’t know why but for a moment, I thought you and Kim sangnim had something going on. Wow, you had me worried for a while.” Sehun joked.


“What? God, what on earth were you thinking? He is like a bunch of years older than me.” 

 

“Kim sangnim is only 27, Nancy and he is single. He is one of the youngest teachers here. So, yeah I think I was right to assume stuff. And really, who knows if he has his eyes on you. And isn't he handsome too?" 

 

“Eww stop saying that!"

"Yeonwoo unnie is the only o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter