Cold Is Still Warm If Its Yeonwoo Unnie

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jaehwan opened the passenger door even before his samchon could park the vehicle in front of their house.
"Jaehwan, don't do that?" His uncle scolded.   "I am sorry," he said and jumped down the SUV.   He ran all the way to their large door.     "He even forgot to take his bookbag" His samchon muttered taking Jaehwan's bookbag from the backseat.        "Halmoni" Jaehwan called loudly just as he opened the door and went in.     "halmoni is in the garden." His father told him as he got up from the sofa and took the car keys from the table.     His father looked miserable. And he had every reason to be. Jaehwan's grandfather father was still in the hospital.  
Jaehwan knew it wasn't the right time for him or for his family, considering how much in agitation his family was regarding his grandfather's and deteriorating health. He knew he was only 19. He knew everything was just too early but he got too desperate to the point that he had to cry and beg his parents and grandmother to go and talk to Yeonwoo's parents, to ask for her hand. He would wait for however long Yeonwoo and her parents wanted him to. He only wanted their approval.       "Dad, what did they say? When did you guys come back? " he asked.   His father looked at him and gave him a smile. As much as he was miserable thinking about his father in the hospital, his heart would rest a little seeing his child. That was how much Jaehwan's father loved him.    He opened his mouth to say something but Jaehwanbstopped him.   "Wait, wait! Don't tell me. I want to hear it from halmoni."   "Right." Jaehwan's father said patting him on his shoulder.     "But, Dad, what about halaboji? How is he? I haven't seen him in two days."     "I told you to not worry about that. The doctor said he will be fine, Jaehwan" his father said hugging him firmly.   It was a lie.   Jaehwan knew something was not really right with his grandpa. His parents had been refusing him to visit him in the hospital.   "He is alright. You'll meet him soon. Now, I and your mom will be on our way to the hospital. We just came back from Yeonwoo's house" his father said.   Jaehwan broke the hug and nodded his head. "I'll go to halmoni now."      
"Halmoni?" he called as he reached their garden. His grandma was facing her back at him but she talked. "You've come back. Come here" She said.     Jaehwan went and kneeled down right in front of his grandmother, taking his grandma's hand n his. "How.. How did it go?" he asked. "Wait, halmoni, were you crying?"   "What? no. Just something got into my eyes a minute ago."
"so, do you want to hear just the good part or the whole part?" she asked changing the subject. She couln't tell his grandchild just how much she was worried about her husband.     Jaehwan smiled widely and he felt his grandma's hand touch his cheeks. "The whole," he said, sitting down the ground in sukhasana position.     "Alright. So, her parents were waiting for us. We didn't have much time since your parents also had to go back to the hospital. So we kind of rushed and said what we got to say."   "And?" Jaehwan asked eagerly.
"They weren't at all expecting it. They thought your parents and I were there to discuss where we are going to put you and Yeonwoo for college."   Jaehwan smiled.     "At first they said they needed time to think, that they cannot decide something like this right away. They said Yeonwoo is very young and they want her to stay unmarried until she has a job for herself." " We told them we are not rushing anything and that we are willing to wait until the time is right for the two of you.  We told them how much we love and adore their daughter and that we'd keep her as our own child."
"Then we talked on and on about many things. They said you are such a sweet and respectful boy and that they will be very lucky to have you as their son-in-law."
"It was so funny when your mother told Yeonwoo's parents that we were only there just to make sure that they don't give Yeonwoo off to any other guy"     "Is that the best part?" Jaehwan asked.     "There is still more. So, your mother finally asked them if we should take it as a "yes" and Yeonwoo's parents said it would be such an honour if our families could come together and that they agree with the proposal but they still need to ask what Yeonwoo what has to say."
"And Yeonwoo's mother requested to keep this from Yeonwoo until the exams are done."     Jaehwan nodded happily.   "Thank you Halmoni. You are the best."     ******************************************************************    
It was almost 9 and Jaehwan’s phone vibrated in his pocket.
He kept his chopsticks down in the rice bowl and got his phone out.
'Incoming call "Kim”'
He quickly swiped his thumb on the red circle on the phone, declining the call.   “Who is it dear?” His grandmother asked.   “Uh.. its just a junior, halmoni. I was supposed to bring him my previous year’s project work for his reference. I told him to give me a missed call to remind me.” Jaehwan lied.
Jaehwan finished his dinner quickly and went to his room. Once he reached there, he closed the door and went and dialled Kim sunsangnim’s number.
He picked up on the 1st ring.
“Jaehwan, I think we’ve got a problem”
“What happened?”
“She came and demanded to see Nancy’s paper today. I agreed to show her the paper tomorrow.”
“What the hell? Why did you say you’ll show her? ” Jaehwan asked with desperation all clear in his voice.
“Calm down Jaehwan, I had to agree. I had a feeling she wouldn’t stop. And if I keep denying to show the paper, she’ll eventually think I am scheming something. And think about what will happen if other teachers find out that I have been denying to show a student her weekly test’s paper. They’ll definitely think something’s up.”  
“You couldn’t even handle something so small. Can't you come up with anything? We need Nancy to stay there at least until the internal assessment.” Jaehwan said.  
“Hear me ou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter