Just Wanted To Talk

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yeonwoo slowly regained consciousness seconds after the cloth was removed but she felt too weak to move. It was like her bodily functions were disconnected for a minute. Right next to her was a crying Jaehwan, his trembling hands trying to lift Yeownoo's face, a side of which was currently pressed against the seat, higher against the seat so as to keep her comfortably breathing.     "I'm sorry" he whispered as soon as Yeonwoo opened her eyes. She heard it mostly because there was a little silence as the music inside the vehicle had a transition. He wiped his tears on his sleeve and brought up a duct tape. "I'll just tie up your hands. Just your hands. Please dont worry I wont hurt you" he said, taking both of Yeonwoo's hand and wounding the duct tape carefully above Yeonwoo's sleeves.   Yeonwoo wondered why no one was walking past the SUV. She desperately wanted to be saved from this mess. She wanted to scream but she also didn't want the cloth being pressed on her again. Luckily, when she was attacked, Jaehwan had waited with the chemical on the cloth for a while and the vapour had evaporated quite a bit, rendering the rag not as completely effective. This time, if she tried to scream, she could have a freshly poured doze assaulting her. She knew that that thing could be lethal under ill supervision. She knew her best option was to remain silent.     Jaehwan adjusted her position until she was lying on her side with her hands tied in her front. He then uncapped a water bottle, took a handful of water in his curved palm and wiped ooff Yeonwoo's face with the water. He made sure Yeonwoo was lying as comfortable as he could make her before climbing down and shutting the door. As soon as he emerged again in the driver's seat, he turned the music volume up and made sure all the windows were all the way down to let air in. As the vehicle moved, Yeonwoo felt all the more queasy but the fresh air helped ease a bit.                 They had driven off to somewhere Yeonwoo couldn't recognise, especially since she was not getting a good view in her lying position.  The music had long been turned off. "Where are you taking me Jaehwan?" Yeonwoo asked.   Jaehwan stopped the SUV but remained seated. It was already dark and the road was quiet. Yeonwoo couldn't help but feel scared. It was admittedly the first time she felt so scared of her best friend. No one knows what he is capable of doing. She now knew her best friend was not the one she used to know. He was someone else now.     She could fight but she knew she might lose. She especially didn't want the sweet smelling thing in her lungs again. And she absolutely didn't want to end up a victim.     "I don't know where we're going" Jaehwan's voice finally came out breaking the silence of the evening and the noise in Yeonwoo's head. He sounded sad and almost apologetic as if he was unsure of everything. As if he was unsure of what he was doing.  
"Why are you doing this, Jaehwan. Just why?"    
"You never gave me a chance to talk to you, Yeonwoo"    
It was true that it had been a couple of times Jaehwan had tried to approach her after the incident that happened during their stay at Nancy's house. And it wasn't the first time Jaehwan had been waiting for her in her neighbourhood. She had deliberately avoided him. Yeonwoo's mother had questioned Yeonwoo's behaviour towards Jaehwan and Yeonwoo had told her mother how she had been blackmailed into the relationship while leaving out the fact that she had broken up with him to be with Nancy. It was then that her mother realised the unhealthy relationship and had talked to Jaehwan to give Yeonwoo a break, keeping in mind not to offend Jaehwan. But Jaehwan knew what Yeonwoo's mother meant. He knew it wasn't a break Yeonwoo's mother was asking from him. He knew it was Yeonwoo's mother's way of cutting off his relationship with Yeonwoo forever.     He had stopped waiting for Yeonwoo every day outside their gate in his Audi after that. Yeonwoo had thought Jaehwan had finally come to his senses and was willing to let go until today, exactly 3 days after he stopped showing himself in front of her house.  But she didn't for one second think that Jaehwan would go such extent.    
"You mean you just wanted to talk?" Yeonwoo asked, fear engulfing her slowly, thinking about all the bad things that could happen to her.  
"Yes, Yeonwoo" Jaehwan replied and got down from the driver's seat.  
When Jaehwan opened the door of the back seat, Yeonwoo had cold sweat cover her entire being. She hurriedly sat up on the seat and looked for any sign of the white cloth or the chloroform bottle in Jaehwan's hands. Finding none, she relaxed a bit but she didn't feel any less helpless.    
"Jaehwan, Don't do anything stupid" Yeonwoo warned as she moved herself fas far away from Jaehwan as possible the moment Jaehwan climbed up the passengers' seat.  
Jaehwan didn't answer as he silently dug into his pocket.
Yeonwoo swore she had never been this frightened in her whole life before. She watched as Jaehwan finally pull out something that looked like a ring case.
A ring! A ing ring! I swear He's gone crazy. Yeonwoo's mind screamed.  
"I.." Jaehwan slowly started, sitting at the edge of the back seat with his body turned towards a trembling Yeonwoo. "I know I have done things I shouldn't have done."
You ing Idiot. You could have killed me with that ing chloroform  
"I know your mother wants me to stay away. But you and I both know I can't do that." Jaehwan stopped for a while and looked pleadingly at Yeonwoo. "Please. Please tell me where you will be applying for college. Even if I cant go to the same college with you, I'd stick around close and do something else. I just... I want to start this all over again. Right from being a stranger. Like how we used to be before we became friends. And I promise, I will make everything right this time"    "I promise" He whispered a second later.    
"Please, will you give me one last chance?" Jaehwan asked as he scooted closer to Yeonwoo and took her tied hands. Yeonwoo nodded vigourously, mostly out of fear.     "I want you to keep this ring" Jaehwan said, slipping the platinum ring on Yeonwoo's left ring finger. "I want you to keep this with you. I want you to keep this ring until I can finally give meaning to it."     All Yeonwoo could do was nod her head. She regretted the day she befriended the psychopath right before her.    
"It fits perfectly, Yeonwoo. Just like I thought it would."       **     Nancy was alone in her home. Her mother had left right after she dropped Nancy home. Nancy's aunt was going to deliver a baby and her mother didn't want to miss it. Therefore, her mother had gone to the hospital.   I hope its a baby boy this time. Nancy thought.   On her way to her room to charge her phone, her phone rang in her hand.     "Hyebin unnie, whats up?"  
["Nancy, I am about to get into trouble because of you two. Yeonwoo's amma called. I didn't know what to reply so I ended the call faking a network failure. Just how long are you planning to keep her there? Its freaking late, kid"]  
"What are you talking about unnie? Mom and I dropped off Yeonwoo unnie about an hour ago. "    
[Really? But her mother asked me when she will be back. Nancy, You saw her walk into her house, right?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter