The Plan Backfired? Not Quite!

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The next day, Subin received a text from Jaehwan in the morning.    
 It was 4 pm and he was now standing outside the school waiting for Jaehwan.   He saw Jaehwan walk Yeonwoo to her mother's car and after a while, he turned to where Subin was standing and waved at him.   They went to the same ol' coffee shop and sat at the most distant corner.    
"I don't have a good feeling about this" Subin said smiling nervously.     "I don't like what I am about to do either but it has to be done anyway" was Jaehwan's immediate answer.   Subin sweatdropped.
"What is it?"     "Subin, please help me out this last time. Kim sangnim and I have planned the entire thing. All you need is to take care of is a small but an important part."  
"Don't tell me this involves Nancy" Subin said.     Jaehwan opened and closed his mouth.     "Oh no," Subin said.  
"Please Subin. Nancy confessed to her in front of me before the winter break and Yeonwoo has caught some feelings for her too. But Yeonwoo is trying to move on and if they keep seeing each other, it won't do them any good."  
Subin gasped.
"Nancy confessed?"  
"Yes, now listen, Yeonwoo wants to get back to the dorm and I don't want her and Nancy living under the same roof. A lot of things could go wrong. You just need to help me on this and I swear I will never bother you again."     "Aren't you with Dabin now?" Subin asked.     "Dabin noona. Don't address her like that."Jaehwan corrected Subin.
" Yes, we are together but I just...I don't feel completely assured."
"I just want Nancy out of the dorm, Subin."  
Subin remained silent.    
Jaehwan explained the entire plan.      
Subin stood up with his fist tightly clenched. "I can't do that. I can't watch her get expelled." He said.  
"No. she will not get expelled. She'll only be sent out of the dorm and suspended from classes. She still sits in exams."     Subin tried to walk away but Jaewan quickly got up and stopped him.     "Subin, even if you walk away, I'll still come up with another plan to make sure Nancy doesn't have a chance with Yeonwoo."
"But what about you and your feelings? You don't like that Sehun spending time with Nancy, do you? Now, you aren't the only guy Nancy is comfortable with. If they continue to hang out, we don't know if they'll end up together."     Jaehwan was right. Subin really hated seeing Nancy with Sehun.  
"Just do this. Its the only way to ensure Sehun doesn't get too close to her. Think about it, Sehun will graduate and soon. next session, you can be closer to Nancy with no one to interfare. " Jaehwan continued.  
And just like that, Subin was in.       **********************************       Subin checked the question paper again. He didn't know why it was Maths question. He thought it'd be chemistry.
He folded it back in a small square. He was to put this paper inside her bag during the break when no one was looking around. It should be easy. Not many people stay inside the class during the break.        
The first period was Maths but Kim sangnim ended up entering the class.     "Good morning, class!"
"I am here substituting your maths teacher. It seems like he will not be able to take his class today but he said he will be here after a while. So, since your exam is in 3 days, I don't want to waste time. You can ask me any confusing things regarding chemistry." He said.     Subin's heart was beating loud. He didn't know what was going on. This was not part of the plan.
It doesn't matter. All I need to do is put the paper in her bag during the break. He thought to himself.    
Jooe leaned in to ask Nancy if they should ask the teacher to elaborate on the unsaturated carbon compounds.     "Oh and yes, for your maths homework, Nancy, Jooe, since you two are talking in the class, I want you to help your class monitor to bring down the homework copies of your classmates down to the staffroom," The teacher said.   "Nancy, come here, collect the homework of the first 10 people from the first row and go and keep them on your maths teacher's desk"    
Nancy stood up and did what was told and went down. She prayed she didn't accidentally meet Jaehwan or Yeonwoo. She wasn't ready.      
"Jooe, and class monitor, Come'on you collect the copies of the next 10 people each."   When Jooe and the monitor were collecting the copies, the teacher engaged them in conversations to buy some time.  
When the teacher was fairly sure Nancy was on her return way, he turned to the two girls , "Okay, you two, lets go down. I need to fetch something from the staff room too"     Just as they stepped outside the classroom, they saw Nancy heading back already.     The teacher had accomplished his first half of the mission.       Subin sat there and he could finally piece things together.
At one point he almost felt disgusted at the teacher for going so low as to conspire against an innocent student.
I am no better. He thought to himself.        
The break bell rang and the occupants of the class flocked to the door to get out including Nancy and her dorm mates. Some were busy putting their supplies inside their bags. No one was paying attention to anyone else.  
Subin took this opportunity, walked up to Nancy's seat and quickly dropped the folded piece of paper inside her open bag.
"Forgive me Nancy" he mumbled.        
It was when the first period after break started that the Maths teacher arrived. He was to take his class in section B and was late. It wasn't every day that he failed to arrive in the morning at school time.
When he came to his table to take his diary, he noticed that his desk drawer was ajar. He quickly went and checked and found the one question paper he'd put there the previous day missing.  
He was starting to sweat.
He went and told some of his fellow teachers that were sitting in their respective sections in the staffroom.    
"Where did you leave your key?" One of the teachers asked.     "I am pretty sure I tugged the key under the file piles yesterday. I forgot to take it home with me." he said.       "Inform the principal, we'll check the bags of every student of both the sections." Biology Teacher said.            
The seniors were having English class when a teacher poked her head inside the classroom.   "Tae Yun sunsangnim, may I interrupt your class for a while?" She said  
"What happened?"The English teacher asked.     "It seems like one of the students have stolen the internal assessment question paper. So, we are calling all the teacher staffs to help out check every student of class 10 A and 10B."    
Jaehwan prayed his plan would work well.       "Class, will you excuse me, I'll be back soon. Don't waste your time while I'm gone." The English teacher said and left.         "The kids are so dumb. If they really want to steal, couldn't they just sneak their mobile phones to school and just click a picture of the question rather than steal the physical paper? ugh!" One of the boys said out loud.  
"And what if the person stealing lives in the dorm and doesn't have his phone with him because dorms don't allow phones?" Another asked.  
"He could let one of his friends who can bring in his phone from home do it."  
"Whatever"          
Exactly 20 minutes later, the teacher walked back in with a tired face.     "Sunsangnim, Who was it?" One of the boys from earlier asked.  
"I still can't believe it. They found the question paper from that cute popular kid Nancy."  
Yeonwoo stood up slowly at the mention of Nancy. "She did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter