Past Revealed

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who hates this author? :D I am sorry for taking so long to update. Blame my hectic schedule. I had already completed writing half of this chap a long time ago. I just didnt have time to finish it. I didn't sleep last nigh writing this. Guess what, Its here Update! I want comments! :D

 

Thank you for waiting. I keep seeing Whenzkie0001's "Please update, author" comment on wattpad whenever I close my eyes and I always feel bad for not being able to :D. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“You already took a bath?” Nayun asked.     “No. It's Jooe. She thought it was fun to splash water all over me” Hyebin replied drying her hair with a towel.
“Where is Yeonwoo?” Hyebin turned and asked Nancy who was currently busy folding the blankets with Ahin, sitting on their makeshift bed.     “She told me she’d head to the kitchen and help mom out with breakfast” Nancy replied.   Things were a tiny bit awkward between her and Yeonwoo.
Exactly 20 minutes ago, when they were right outside their house, her mother had opened the door and interrupted them.
Nancy was so close to asking Yeonwoo why Kai called her Dachilie again and her mother had to open the door right at that moment.     “Wait, your mother asked her to help or did she go voluntarily?” a curious Hyebin asked.     “She-she went on her own”     “Okay. That's a first” Hyebin commented with a chuckle.
“Hey, let’s keep the mattresses here and the pillows too.”  
“Okay,” Ahin and Nancy said in unison.             Hyebin, Nancy, Nayun and Ahin sat on the dining table waiting for the rest of the friends to arrive.     Yeonwoo and Nancy’s mother were preparing breakfast.
Nancy smiled looking at how well Yeonwoo seemed to bond with her mother, laughing and talking as if they knew each other since forever.     “Yeonwoo really is trying her best to win your mom’s heart” Hyebin elbowed Nancy.   Ahin and Nayun giggled. Nancy instantly blushed bright red and she thanked the gods for the glass of water that was there on the table. She took it and gulped down the entire thing.      
“I’ll be right back. I’ll get the morning newspaper. It should have been delivered by now” Nancy’s mother told Yeonwoo.     “I’ll get it for you. It should be on the porch, right?” Yeonwoo offered.     “No, yeonwoo ya. Thank you. But I’ll get it myself.” Nancy’s mother smiled at yeonwoo before going out to get the paper.    
Hyebin cleared as soon as Nancy’s mother went out of sight.   “You look quite convincing with your act,” Hyebin said loud enough for Yeonwoo to hear.     “Yup. I am trying really hard” Yeonwoo answered, the answer was so straightforward, it earned slack jaws from Nayun and Ahin and Nancy quickly stood up and went to take the plates out in an attempt to hide her blushing mess of a face.     “But, sooner or later, she’ll eventually learn that you don’t even want to fold your own clothes. What then?” Hyebin continued.     “I will figure something out to make up for my shortcomings,” Yeonwoo replied.       ***    
Nancy’s mother had left the breakfast table earlier saying she had some errands to run. She didn’t forget to inform the girls she will be returning early with take-out Chinese food for lunch.    
Yeonwoo was currently doing the dishes Nancy was supposed to do (according to her) ,with Nancy standing beside her and Taeha helping her put the utensils at their respective places in the drawers.     From the living room, Jane could be heard arguing with Jooe. It seemed Jooe wanted to watch Harry Potter from the beginning but Jane wanted to watch from the 4th part.   “No! Sorcerer's stones!” Jooe yelled.   “Jooe! Don't yell at me! Everyone here watched that at least 5 times. You also admitted to having watched it a couple of times. What is wrong with agreeing with everyone else here and watch from the Goblet of fire?” Jane tried to reason aloud.     “no Jane unnie. I have parts I don’t recall” Jooe argued.     “Not important-“     “STOP! STOP! JUST STOP! I’LL TOSS A COIN” It was an enraged Hyebin.       In the kitchen`~     “Jooe can be so loud when she wants to be” Taeha commented shaking her head.

“Jane unnie is just as loud” Nancy talked for the first time in a long while. She felt she needed to defend her roommate and Taeha was not one of her favourite people especially when she was standing right next to Yeonwoo.  
“Nancy, you can go and join them. We’ll be done in a bit.” Yeonwoo told Nancy.     “No. I want to be here”             Taeha went on ahead of the two on their way out of the kitchen.   “Nancy” Yeonwoo called, “I’ve been thinking” Nancy stopped walking to pay more attention to her unnie.
“I have been thinking I should say something to K-Kai.”  
Nancy’s eyes morphed into one of confusion before being replaced by one of worry.
“W-Why? What would you s-say to him?” She managed to ask.     Yeonwoo took a deep breath.
“All this time, I thought he cheated on me. I never even tried to listen to him for a moment. I just...”
Fear gripped Nancy’s heart and for a moment there, she thought she’d die of anxiety. Nancy knew Yeonwoo only hated Kai because she thought he cheated on her. Now she knows he was innocent.
What if she still has feelings for him? What if she wants to get back with him? What if she wants to leave me?   “........owe him an apology,” Yeonwoo said but Nancy didn’t hear half of what she said.
“Nancy? Are you alright?” Yeonwoo asked, feeling her hand over Nancy's forehead.    
“I’m fine” Nancy replied, “What will you say to him?     “I’ll just tell him I am sorry. So, I was thinking maybe I could use your phone.”     “But... I don’t have his number and you told me not to talk to Sehun uppa. So, I can’t ask him for his number and.. d-do you know his number?”
 
“I don’t. He probably uses a new number now. But I can text him from my facebook account or just mail him. I'll mail him. I don't want to log into my fb account."     Nancy said nothing. She kept staring at Yeonwoo.  
It only registered to Yeonwoo that Nancy must be feeling uneasy. “You-you can type it for me and send him if you want. Or we can just forget it... It's not really that important. I- I just thought I owed him a simple apology at least.” Yeonwoo trailed off. She was starting to feel bad for bringing up Kai now of all times.    
“No, It's alright,” Nancy said handing Yeonwoo her phone. “I’ll go join the girls first.” She said turning around to leave only to be stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist.
“I want you to send it with you”       The two sat close at the dining table and Nancy witnessed Yeonwoo typing in her email and password.
They both saw there was Kai’s name on the inbox list. Yeonwoo ignored it and was about to tap on the compose mail when Nancy’s finger suddenly came into view, tapping on Kai’s unread mail.   It was sent on December, during their short winter break.     Both read the contents silently. It read:
Subject: Please read
Its funny really I had been texting you in both of your fb accounts but you never read my messages and then I finally got a message back from you after this whole agonisingly long year and I was so happy I almost cried and it wasn’t even you. That ing jaehwan replied me from your account. That jerk expelled me dachilie and i never cheated on you. I wish you could at least read this i wish you only knew how toxic jaehwan is. He plotted the whole thing but to take you away from me. I never did anything wrong and i still love you i’ll wait for you    
Nancy bit her lips, sitting up straighter in her seat.
It was admittedly awkward for the both of them. Not to mention that Nancy was on the verge of a breakdown.     “This doesn’t mean anything to me” Yeonwoo declared. Now, she regretted wanting to send an apology message with Nancy around.     She tapped on reply and wrote:
Kai, I am really happy to learn that you never cheated. Thank you for that and I am sorry I shut you and Sehun out. And I hope we can be friends. I am together with Nancy now and I hope you find your happiness with someone else too. Please forgive me. I hope you’ll also tell Sehun everything I wrote here.   Especially the getting together with Nancy part. Yeonwoo thought.   “Do you want to add anything?” Yeonwoo asked Nancy.     “Ju-just send it and get it over with,” Nancy said and just after Yeonwoo tapped send, the phone rang with the name “Mom” on the screen. Yeonwoo picked it up and gave it to Nancy.     They talked for about a minute before Nancy hung up.
“Mom said she’ll be back at 1,” Nancy said putting her phone in her pocket.     Yeonwoo gave a quick nod. “Let's go watch Harry and Malfoy”          
When they entered the living room, the girls were all too engulfed in the tv. They even had the long sofa dragged back to the middle where they used it to lean their backs on, sitting on the makeshift bed. While Jane was lying like a queen on the sofa alone.     “Who wants some popcorn?” Yeonwoo asked.     “Thank you, where is it?” Ahin asked, eyes not leaving the screen.     “I was just asking. I don’t have it”       “Now that you mentioned it,” Hyebin said pressing the pause button on the remote control, “Someone, make us some popcorn”     “Hyebin unnie, give me the remote.” Jane struggled to take the remote.     “No. It remains paused until someone makes some popcorn for all of us”     “I don’t want popcorn. Gimme the remote” Half of Jane was literally off the sofa trying to get the remote from Hyebin’s right hand which was currently stretched out out of Jane’s reach.     “I said its staying paused unt-“  
“Alright!” Jane said, “Ahin and Jooe are going to make us some”  
“I didn’t say I want to” Jooe complained.     “Nayun, please go” Jane begged.     “I hate it when you guys disobey me. I am not going to be in the dorms to boss around you anymore from next semester.” Hyebin said.     It was a painful reminder for everyone.     “I am sorry” Jane was quick to apologise.     Hyebin sighed. “Alright, we take a break and take turns to bath while Jane prepares us popcorn. Then we can continue Potter marathon”  
Everyone agreed and silently got up.   “And the remote stays with me” Hyebin added.     “Jane unnie, I’ll help you” Nancy offered to which Jane nodded.    
The friends took turns and bathed in the two bathrooms, one upstairs and the other downstairs.     In the meantime, Nancy couldn’t find any popcorn in the kitchen. So, Jane and she had to walk to the store for it.     By the time Jane and Nancy got home and had prepared the popcorn, most of the friends were already gathered back into the living room after their rituals in the bathroom. Daisy and Jooe were the only ones absent.     Jane came with the popcorn and set it down on the makeshift bed. “There is more in the kitchen.” She said munching on a couple of popcorn.   “Yeonwoo unnie, that's my spot,” Jane said looking at the senior girl who was peacefully lying on the sofa and going through the bunch of cassettes.     “I am sorry Jane. The sofa didn’t have your name on it” answered Yeonwoo.     “But I was there first. Unnie, please” Jane begged.     “You know, I won't be there next semester-“     “Alright, alright. Don’t remind me that again. I want to cry.” Jane said sitting down on the mattress.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter