All They Gave Each Other Were Common Cold And Heartaches

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It was past midnight, and for reasons Nancy couldn't understand, Yeonwoo didn't come down to sleep with her.             Yeonwoo sat on the floor, leaning against her door. The sound of the ticking clock was loud in the room.
She couldn't sleep.
She didn't want to sleep.   All she could feel was the cold that was creeping up from the floor and her heart that was weighing heavier than an anvil in her chest.                 ************************     Hyebin went down to Jooe's room when she didn't see Yeonwoo come upstairs for the entire morning.
It was almost 8.30 and she was half dressed in school uniform.       "Jooe, open up. Is Yeonwoo dead in there?"     Jooe opened the door and let Hyebin in.
"Yeonwoo unnie didn't come down last night," Jooe said as she resumed combing her hair.     Hyebin went up and opened Yeonwoo's door.   "Yeonwoo! It's 8.30 and you're still sleeping? Its so late Yeonwoo" Hyebin yelled shaking the sleeping form of her friend on the bed.   Hyebin pulled her up in a sitting position. "Wake up!"     "Alright, alright. I'm up"
Yeonwoo said blinking groggily and sat there on her bed. She wasn't completely awake.     "No, Yeonwoo, no time to sit," Hyebin said dragging her to the bathroom.
"Get ready as soon as you can. I'm gonna go and tell the kids to go on ahead without us." Hyebin said walking out the bathroom.   Now, Yeonwoo was suddenly awake.
"Wait, no. Don't tell them to leave without us. Tell them to wait for me. I'll.. I'll hurry up"
 
"Hyebin na?"     "What"     "Thank god you're still there. Before you go, please get my uniform and my bag ready and please get my breakfast up here."       She hurriedly put her toothbrush in , starting to strip at the same time. She'd brush and take a bath at the same time.     "Hyebin?" She called hearing no response.     "I hate how you use me sometimes," Hyebin said and went to Yeonwoo's closet.
"At least you keep your school uniforms in place" she muttered.             Ten minutes later, Yeonwoo was out her door, her hair uncombed, her shirt ed and her blazer slung over her shoulder as she fixed the zipper on her skirt.   Hyebin came out behind her, carrying her bag. She sighed.     "Grab me that sandwich Ahin," Yeonwoo said and Ahin went in and took her sandwich.       When they got down, Yeonwoo had taken two bites of her sandwich off of Ahin's hand and she was almost finished tugging her shirt in her skirt.  
Jooe and Nancy were waiting for them outside.   "What happened to you unnie?" Jooe asked seeing Yeonwoo's condition.     "All hail The queen of Oversleeping," Hyebin said.   Yeonwoo looked at Nancy as she constantly ran her fingers through her hair.   Nancy coughed and looked away.    
"Unnie, eat up your sandwich" Ahin impatiently said as she brought it up.   "I think I am full. Thank you Ahin. Throw it away somewhere" Yeonwoo replied.     "Yeah, throw it away somewhere Inside her bag" Hyebin scoffed.    
Ahin looked around. She didn't want to go to the dustbin. She hesitated a second before putting the remaining sandwich in her own mouth.
"Problem solved"     "Guys, can we start walking? Because I want to get to school sometime before the last period ends" Daisy spoke.  
Yeonwoo went and walked right beside Nancy who was still not looking at her. She slowly laced their fingers together. They were now walking comfortably.   This could be the last day I walk to school with her
God, if you're really there, please make me come back to the dorm after the winter break. Yeonwoo prayed, all the while knowing it wasn't even going to happen.       "And I get to carry your bag all the way to school? What the am I, your unpaid servant?" Hyebin complained from behind.
"Sorry! I completely forgot about my bag" She said taking her bag from Hyebin with her free hand.  
Nancy coughed a couple times. "Looks like the cold virus won over," Yeonwoo said.  
When the school gate was near, no one but Yeonwoo knew how much she wished the way to school was infinitely long.         *********************         In the class, Yeonwoo stared right across the room, towards the boys' side.
  It was already the second period and Jaehwan hadn't even turned towards them.
He had come into the class late with bloodshot eyes and had been sitting there unmoving. He looked absolutely pathetic and fragile with his bandaged right hand resting on his lap.   No one knew how deeply he was terrified of the impending break time when he was positive Yeonwoo would confront him about mindlessly going to her mother and telling her everything.
He hadn't even closed his maths book in front of him from the first period and it was already nearing the end of the second period.   He hadn't been writing anything down as well and the teachers seemed to understand his condition and let him be.                
The break bell finally rang.   Yeonwoo waited until the class was half empty.   She walked up to the sitting Jaehwan.
Jaehwan looked up.   "You, come with me," Yeonwoo said and headed towards the rooftop.    
Jaehwan silently followed her with Hyebin. "Hyebin, I think she wants to talk to me alone?" He said before  Hyebin could climb up the last flight of stairs.     Hyebin really wanted to know what was going on but she nodded and went back to class.         Jaehwan went up, closed the door and stood right in front of Yeonwoo.  
"What did you do to your hand and face?" Yeonwoo asked.     "Its nothing. They're fine now," He said hiding his hand behind his back.  
"And What the possessed you to go and tell my mother everything."  
"I.. I'm sorry. I was so lost I didn't know what to do."  
"My mother won't let me come back to the dorm after the break, Jaehwan. You must be happy now. I won't see her anymore. You're taking all of my happiness away."         "Why?" Jaehwan whispered.
"Why Nancy? Why can't you be happy with me, Yeonwoo? I've loved you for so long. I'd always been there for you and I'd do everything for you...."   Tears fell from Jaehwan's eyes as he spoke with all the sincerity he could muster.   "And you just scrapped me off your shoe like I am a worthless piece of gum you stepped onto. Why are you so heartless? Why can't you see I'm in pain?" "Yeonwoo ya. I love you so much I don't want to live without you. Please don't leave me."    
"Jaehwan, if you only knew how much it's tearing me too. I am sorry I can't love you like you want me to. Please stop saying you can't live without me. You are a great person. I know you'll find someone a hundred times better than me"  
"No, I don't want anyone, Yeonwoo, I want you."  
"Jaehwan, I don't know what to say. I told you I love someone else.. Why don't you get it?"  
"Nancy is a girl, Yeonwoo. She will just go and leave you for a guy and what would you do then? Have you ever thought about that? You'll only get hurt. She'll only hurt you in the end." "But I'll never leave you, I promise to always love you."  
"Its okay if she leaves me. I would
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter