Nancy

The captor of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Thursday night, a week after the mini-exam was done that Nancy got a phone call from her mother telling her that she will be coming to pick her up the next day early in the morning. Nancy was told that her father wanted to see her really badly and that they were going to visit him for a couple of days. What she wasn't told was that her father had been in a car crash and was in a bad shape. He wanted to see his family.      
Nancy and Jooe climbed up to Daisy-Ahin's room to share everyone the new news.   "Guys, Nancy will be going away for like a week to Ohio. Her mom is coming tomorrow. She will be back next Saturday. You mom said Saturday, right?" Jooe asked Nancy.   "Saturday" Nancy replied nodding her head.     "Omg! why?" Ahin asked.   "I don't know. Mom told me that dad wants to see me." Nancy said.   "Then you'll be missing like a whole week of school?" Hyebin asked.
"I mean couldn't you have visited him during the holidays?" Hyebin asked.     "Yeah, I don't know why he didn't call us then. He must be feeling really lonely there on his own even though he doesn't really show it. You know, he didn't want me to go to school here too but I fought with him to come here. I really miss him." Nancy said.  
"You fought with your dad to study here in Seoul? So, you hated your school in Ohio that much or you hated your friends there?" Jane asked.       "No. I don't hate them. I just.." Nancy briefly looked at Yeonwoo who was listening to her very carefully, like the rest of the friends. "I just wanted to stay in Korea near my... my mom." Nancy finished.     "okay. So, have a lot of fun and we will miss you." Yeonwoo said.         *********************************        
It had only been three days since Nancy went away and Yeonwoo found herself standing in front of the wall calendar in her room for the fifth time that day. "Why are the days moving like a snail," She said.         She was at the same spot again the next morning just after she got up from the bed.
"4 days to go," Yeonwoo said grazing the days in the calendar with her fingertips. "God I miss that kid so much"     "Hey, you're up early," Hyebin said opening the door.   "I always wake up early," Yeonwoo replied.   "Hyebin, don't you think this week is going really slow or is it just me?" Yeonwoo asked.   "All I know is that Sunday moved faster than a bullet train," Hyebin said. "I am craving ice cream. Can we get some after school today with the kids?"     "Yeah. We can do that." Yeonwoo replied.             They ended up going to the ice cream parlour with Jaehwan.
"Yeonwoo ya. You don't talk too much these days. What happened to you?"   "I am fine, Jaehwan" Yeonwoo replied.     "She is fine. She just misses Nancy. Her room is a mess, now that Nancy is gone and I forbade Taeha to clean her room" Hyebin said.     "Hyebin na. Stop spreading around new that aren't true. You make it look like I use the kid to clean my
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter