LEAVING

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We've already arranged everything. Your plane ticket, the acommodation, your allowances, everything that you needed will be provided by this school," Mr. Jang told Dahyun, handling her some papers she will also be needing. "If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to talk to me," he gave her a genuine smile. He reached out for her hand. "Congratulations in fulfilling this college scholarship. You've continuously proven us that you deserve this. I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you, Mr. Jang. Thank you for everything," Dahyun thanked him, eyes glistening with tears of joy.

She had always dreamt of this moment. To finally fulfill one of her dreams. To finish college. She's sure that her parents are so proud of her. She promised herself that no matter what happen, she will finish her studies. And now, she's almost there to achieve that goal.

Thanks to the people who helped her. Her teachers, Jihoon, Wanna One... And Daniel.

He was the one who helped her get out of custody with her abusive uncle and his family. He helped her get a new start, a new life. He was the one who introduced her to Wanna One.

He was...

"Dahyun, are you okay?" Mr. Jang worriedly asked when she became quiet all of a sudden. "Why are you crying?"

She's already crying?

She touched her cheek and felt something wet. Yes, she is indeed crying.

"I... was just so happy. I can't help but get emotional. Sorry," she reasoned out, wiping her tears. "I'll go back to class now. Thank you again, Mr. Jang," she bowed then hurriedly left Mr. Jang's office.

As she's walking back, she covered to suppress her sobs.

It still hurts.

She's still hurt.

Thinking about Daniel hurts her so much.

I'm so sorry for leaving you, Daniel. I'm really sorry. She continously chant through her mind.

She made a quick turn at the corner and accidentally bumped into someone. The papers she's been holding which contained all she needed for her college scholarship scattered on the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" she apologized without looking at the person she bumped into, and started picking up her stuffs, hiding her tears stained face at the same time.

"You're leaving? You're going to Japan?"

Dahyun froze. Then she looked up and come face to face with no other than Minhyun. The person she bumped into.

He handed her the rest and waited for her response.

"I got chosen for the scholarship," she replied. "A university in Tokyo will acquire me to finish my college."

"I didn't know that you applied for it," he said. "Does Daniel know?" he asked.

When he didn't get an answer, he already knows what is it.

"Were you planning to keep this from us?" he asked, sounding sad and disappointed.

"No!" Dahyun instantly replied. "I... wanted to tell all of you. But I was hesitating. Because I'm scared that some of you might not like the idea that I will study abroad... especially Daniel," she honestly said.

"Dahyun, you know very well that we are going to support you with your decisions if we know that it will be best for you. If studying in Japan is what you want, then go. This is your dream, right? So why should we oppose. I'm beyond happy for you," Minhyun told her. "Come here," he ushered her to come close and when she did, he gave her a warm hug. "Congratulations, my study buddy. You made it. You did well," he said, patting her head.

"Thank you, Minhyun. I'm sorry for doubting you all," she apologized.

"I'm sure the other boys will be so happy when they heard the good news," he assured her.

----

"When are you planning to tell Daniel?" Seongwu asked. He offered Dahyun to take her home.

"If I tell him, he would probably book a flight back in Seoul and leave Sooyoung just like that. I don't want that to happen," Dahyun said.

"But your flight will be this weekend," he reminded her. "Are you just gonna leave without a word?" he asked. "What will we tell him when he returned back to Jeju and you're already gone? He will surely go crazy and get mad at us, you know," he added.

"But Sooyoung..."

"Can't you be selfish at least once?" Seongwu cut her off. "You've been through a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter