SORRY

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, Dahyun! What are you doing here?" her co-worker asked when she saw her catching her breath. Her co-worker chuckled, "Wait, did you run all the way here because you thought you're late from work?"

Dahyun raised her head up and shook her head. She knows that today is her day-off. She just wants to know if Jihoon is here because truthfully, she doesn't know where she should look for him.

Her co-worker saw her paled face and hurriedly rushed on her side. "Yah, are you okay? Why do you look sick? Come inside and freshen up, hmm?" She gently guide Dahyun inside and made her sit at the back corner of the coffee shop. "Wait here. I'll get you some water."

"There's really no need ---"

But her co-worker already left. Dahyun sighed and stared at her reflection at the mirror wall. "Do I really look that pale?" she asked herself. "I didn't even put some make-up on my face." She slumped on her seat and thought about Jihoon. She run her hands on her face, "Ahhh, where can I find that guy?" Then something came to her mind. "Oh right. The last place we've been together was the hospital." Just thinking about the hospital sends shivers to her fragile body. She clenched her fist. "That's a scary place," she told herself. But I must see Jihoon, a voice rang into her mind.

"Here you go."

Dahyun woke up in her thoughts when her co-worker came and placed a glass of water in front of her. "Thanks," she softly said, taking a sip of the water.

"Oh, I almost forgot!"

Dahyun looked up at her co-worker and her eyes rounded when she handed her a piece of paper. "A guy came here early morning and asked me to give this to you."

Dahyun doesn't need to ask who's that guy. She hurriedly unfolded the paper and read the note: "I'm at the park near the hospital where you ditched me off. If you don't come see me before this day ends, I will announce to the entire world that my friend named Kim Dahyun is missing."

Dahyun can't help but roll her eyes at Jihoon's childishness. But she can't hide the fact that it made her feel happy that he is not mad at her after leaving him at the hospital without a word.

She stood up and ran at the door. She halted for a bit and thanked her co-worker.

---

"You're really sick," was Seongwu's comment the moment he entered her room.

"S-Seongwu? What are you doing here?" she asked. Surprised to see Seongwu standing right in front of her.

"Daniel asked me to give this to you," he handed her a plastic full of oranges. "He won't be able to come here because he needs to fetch her mother at the airport," he emotionlessly told her.

"Oh, I see," was all she said, suddenly feeling awkward because Seongwu's giving her a hard stare.

"Why you didn't tell us before about your illness? Why do you need to prolong the agony and make Daniel suffer?" Seongwu finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Seongwu, I'm really sorry --- "

"That's not the answer I want to hear. Answer my questions, Sooyoung," he said in a cold tone.

Sooyoung played with her shaking hands and Seongwu can't help but look away, remembering that it's the same habit of Dahyun whenever she feels scared.

"Because I know that I won't be cured," she revealed making Seongwu froze. "I don't want Daniel to feel sad when I'm gone that's why I did that so he will hate me, all of you will hate me. So when the time comes that I'm gone, it won't be less painful for all of you," Sooyoung cried. "I didn't mean to break his heart and to use Jihoon --- " Sooyoung stopped for a moment and gasped. "Where is he?" she suddenly asked. "How is he doing? Is he okay? Do you know his contact number?" She is now pulling Seongwu's arm. "I want to apologize to him! Help me reached him, Seongwu! Please!" she cried out, feeling guilty.

Seongwu looked away. "How are we supposed to reach out for him after we pushed him away?" he bitterly muttered. "We treated him like a disease we should avoid and get rid off," then he look at her straight in the eye. "Tell me, Sooyoung. How are we supposed to fix this mess you just created?" he asked her. "Tell me!"

Sooyoung lifelessly let go of his arm as tears continuously streamed down her face.

----

Jihoon woke up from his thoughts when he felt something hit his head. It's a crumpled paper. He looked around, feeling annoyed to whoever throw this at him. But his eyes soften when he saw the one who throw it.

Without further a do, he hurriedly approached her and gave her a big, tight hug.

"You idiot. You scared the hell out of me," Jihoon whispered into her ear. "How could you leave the hospital at that state?!" he asked. He gently pulled away from her and cupped her face. "You're white as ghost!" he commented.

Dahyun puffed her cheeks and stepped on his foot, making Jihoon yelped in pain. "Oww! What was that for?!"

"Stop making fun of me, idiot!"

Jihoon can't help but scoffed. "Oh now you're mad at me, huh? May I remind you that I should be the one being mad after being ditched," he informed, emphasizing the word "ditched."

Dahyun's mouth hang open. He's right though.

Jihoon's face become serious as he approached Dahyun again. "Tell me what happened?" he softly asked.

It took so long for Dahyun to answer him. Jihoon noticed it and saw uneasiness written on her face. Then it hits him. "You should have told me," he said. "I shouldn't have take you there and asked for a friend of mine to send a doctor --- "

"It's okay. You didn't know," Dahyun cut him off.

"But still --- "

"Please Jihoon," again she cut her off. "That's not my intention why I came here to see you." Jihoon hints the serious tone of her voice and urged her to sit at the nearby bench. "First of all, I'm really sorry for leaving you without a word. Whenever I have panic attacks, I tend to forget things and not be aware of the people around me. Really, I'm sorry," she apologized.

"I can't get mad at you, you know," Jihoon stated cooly. It's true though. He can't stay mad at her. "But you can't blame me if I get worried. We're... friends, remember?" He doesn't know why it felt heavy when he said those words.

"Thanks and sorry again," she said.

"Is there something more?" Jihoon asked, sensing the uneasiness written on Dahyun's face. He knows that something happened the night she ran away from the hospital and he has a strong feeling that her boyfriend is involved with it. He can't help but tensed up when he remembered his short conversation with Dahyun's boyfriend on the phone. He was so mad, that's why he was not able to control his emotions and said those words to him. He deserved it though. The only thing he doesn't deserve, for all he knew, is Dahyun and nothing more.

---

"Do they know?" Sooyoung asked.

Seongwu shifted on his seat. "No. Only I know about you, for now," he stated. "But they were all getting curious." Especially Daniel's girlfriend, he wanted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter