🌸should have kissed you longer🌸

b e a u t i f u l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His palm felt slightly sweaty and hot against yours as you stopped in front of your house, from the corner of your eye you could see that the boy was at all costs ignoring any type of eye contact with you- his cheeks were painted in a faded shade of pink, yours were no different, however, when he stole a glance at you: you were caught staring and you did the same as he had and snapped your face in the other direction as you felt how the blood became hotter around your cheeks.

Two shy teens who liked each other very much, that was what the two of you were classified as. 

Still too shy to come out of their comfort zones. 

Baekhyun had recently taken the habit of walking you home back from school, people found it amusing to see the school's shyest people bond together- it hadn't been something too demanded, it had happened very spontaneously. Neither of you liked to talk, especially you, yet, from the very moment you saw the boy, you hadn't been able to help it but to feel drawn to him. Always stealing glances at him in the corridors, getting heartbeats whenever your eyes met-hence, it was a period of your life where you found yourself satisfied with the whole day after sharing even a second of eye contact with him. It had been very odd...The way your body reacted to it, the first time your heart had made jumps inside of your chest, 

 To be true, getting close to him hadn't been easy either, Baekhyun didn't trust easily, and your lack of words made it hard for him to understand you. But somewhere in the middle of your journey, you found yourself speaking way more than you'd usually do. Around Baekhyun, you wanted to smile, laugh and express your feelings with every muscle you had. 

Even though you were now dating Baekhyun was still very stubborn in showing his feelings, and while to others', that could have occurred to be something very frustrating you never found it in yourself to mind it because deep down you were the same, you rarely ever smiled unless you were in the company of this one boy or your few close friends. You understood that Baekhyun wasn't being that way on purpose, he just needed more time than the other's to completely warm up. Already, the fact that he had started dating you proved that even though the rare smiles, he felt something for you and he wasn't faking it.

"I-I'll walk you home," His voice had been very low, almost muffled by the way his lips had been pursed into a shy pout while the blush spread greatly all the way to his ears, shiny eyes staring down at his feet and a bashful hand scratching the back of his neck. That had been how it all began, and ever since, he'd been the one to keep you company on the usually lonely way home. At first, there had been a certain distance between the two of you- but without realizing it, you had started walking closer and closer. It had started with small shoulder bumps that Baekhyun's hand had started urging to hold yours, however, he had ignored the embarrassing thought for several weeks. Then...His knuckles felt yours and before he had known it; his orange fingertips had curled around your pink ones, sending a wave of warmth to spread into both of your chests. Heartbeat echoing in his ears as he felt the heat radiate in front of his face.

Progress was made, because now he was holding your hand without feeling like his heart was going to explode (mainly when there weren't many people around) and instead of feeling all too shy, he felt mainly happy, because your hand was always so warm and inviting that whenever you had to part, he would find himself feeling disappointed and cold.

Today, his hand held yours in a clamped way, it was an unusual manner of holding your hand that he had never used, it was sweaty and nervous, you wondered if something was wrong. When you stopped in front of your house, Baekhyun didn't let go and you took that as a clue that he had something to say. But for that, he needed to gather up his courage, you could tell from the way he was balancing on the ball of his feet and puffing up his cheeks with a troubled expression displayed on his face. After a good while, he cleared his throat and absentmindedly reached with a hand behind his neck, turning his face to side- giving you a full view of his profile. Baekhyun shyly glanced at you from under his lashes, cheeks flushed as always.

"Want to go on a date this evening?" His voice had a soft tone to it, it was a silky sound that never failed to soothe your senses, soothing and smooth like the petals of a rose. The question was short and had no elaboration, but that's how he did it, he knew that he would start sputtering nonsense if he let his tongue roll to say everything that he actually wanted to, but he didn't want to come off as weird and overwhelm you with his many words. Although he didn't show it, he had so much that he wanted to tell you, he didn't like to talk, but you, with you he felt like he would never be able to shut up if he ever was to start that kind of conversation. You woke up such an enormous amount of feelings within him that he sometimes still came to wonder how it was possible, that one single person could make him feel so many things at once.

Your lips curled into an unexpectedly bright smile and for a second Baekhyun felt like his feet were being lifted from the ground. His mouth was left agape at the beaming beauty in front of him, at that moment the first thing he did was connect you to flowers- sunflowers to be specific. He was sure, you were the brightest of them all. His heart swelled at the view of your glistening crescent moon and couldn't help but have his own lips lift into the boxy smile of his that you loved so much, with his pearly with teeth showing.

I'm so happy I could die. He thought.

"Yes! I want to go!" The enthusiasm seeping from your words gave him a sweet sensation and he nodded in approvement.

"Then I'll come to get you at seven, okay?" When you nodded he flashed another small smile and immediately left without another word. Happily, you stepped inside your house, already wondering what outfit would be the best for this occasion, simple maybe?

                                                                                          ♡    ♡   ♡

You had no idea whether the movie theatre being almost completely empty was a good thing or not, but Baekhyun also had an unreadable expression on his face which told you that he was probably thinking the same thing. It occurred to you that it wasn't an important detail so you decided t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter