009

Lost and Found

 

Sehun arrived by the bar and paused, the male from earlier had disappeared and was now replaced by a couple that seemed to be acquainted with Somin. He let out a breath and was about to walk away but he noticed how Somin was fidgeting.

She looked uncomfortable as hell.

“Somin-ah, the reason I wanted to catch up was because I wanted to invite you to my wedding.”

“O—Oh, well, con~”

“This is my fiancé, Nayoung.” The male spoke, the lady beside him stretched one palm to her. Sehun watched as Sam hesitated briefly, but she smiled back and shook the lady’s hand.

“I—It’s nice to meet you.” Somin stuttered, she looked away from the couple briefly.

“It’s good then, you’ll come right?”

Sehun shook his head before walking back, then he opened his mouth.

“Ya, how dare you keep me waiting?” He spoke, he saw Somin grow still on her spot.

“I asked you, how dare you keep me waiting, Samantha Park?” He repeated, he could feel the couple’s stares on him, but he ignored it.

Somin didn’t move, she was just staring at him. Sehun sighed mentally, thinking of what he had just gotten himself into, but the girl looked so uncomfortable that it bothered him. He walked past the male to grab Somin’s coat by the counter and started to pull her with him.

“The car’s waiting outside, come on.” He said as he pulled the girl along with her, Somin remained quiet as they exited the club.

Sehun exhaled as they reached the outside world again.

“You reek of alcohol.” Sehun commented as he let her lean against the wall, he took out his phone and started to dial.

“D—don’t.” Somin blurted as she unsuccessfully tried to reach for his arm. Sehun paused, he faced the girl again.

“I..I just want to be alone. I’ll be fine.”

“You can’t even walk properly.” Sehun pointed out, Somin met his gaze and she started to shake her head.

“This is probably one of the tiest days of my life, so..I’m just going to take a cab and go home. Thanks for the save.” She said to him as she pushed herself off the wall and wobbled to the sidewalk.

“Sammy, wait,” Sehun caught up with her.

Somin paused, Sehun could see how the girl was just stopping her tears from falling.

“He was my ex, okay? I was actually thinking we’d get back together somehow, we always did before, but, he just told me he’s getting married. And by the way, did I also mention that my parents are getting divorce? I just found out today too.” Somin started to laugh hysterically.

“So, just leave me alone. This is why I don’t like being home, this place is just too complicated.” Somin finished, Sehun shook off his coat and draped it around her.

“If I leave you alone, your cousin and Kai will be coming for my head. You’re drunk and it’s not safe.” He said as he pulled it closer around her frame.

“Just don’t…call my cousin or Kai…not yet.”

 

 

Kai smiled as he watched from their booth.

“Isn’t that…little ? I can only remember your code name for him.” Chaeyoung sighed, Jena laughed.

“Im Jaebum.” Jena nodded.

“What is he~” Chaeyoung watched as Sehun approached the group, Somin was staring at him, obviously stunned.

“Shouldn’t you be the one helping her out?” Jena murmured.

“Sehun’s doing a good job.” Kai shrugged, Chanyeol walked towards them.

“She’s here.”

“I called her up before the whole divorce thing blew up, I just didn’t expect she’d…disappear on us like that. She seems…fine though.” Chaeyoung nodded and crossed her arms.

Sehun began to talk to her, Somin didn’t reply, and the male just started to pull her away from Jaebum and the other girl.

“He invited me to his wedding.” Chanyeol stated.

“Do you think he’ll ask Somin to come too? I mean, for old time’s sake.” Chaeyoung murmured as she finished her drink.

“I hope not. I’ll go down to check on her,” Chanyeol picked up his coat.

“Hyung,” Kai spoke, Jena sat down picked up another fruit slice.

“Wouldn’t it be better if she talks with Sehun first?”

“What?”

“Sehun is a lawyer, and his firm is taking on the case. Out of all of us, he’s the one person who can explain to her clearly.” Kai stated.

“He makes sense. What do we know?” Chaeyoung nodded.

“Don’t worry, he’ll keep her out of trouble.”

 

 

Sehun pushed his coffee away from him, his eyes went to the girl before him. Sam puffed her cheeks as she wrapped her fingers around her mug.

“I heard from the others..that you just found out today.” He started carefully.

“You’d think your own parents would inform you if they would do something like this.” She murmured, Sehun frowned and bit his lip.

“Do you feel better? I can get you another~”

“No, I’m fine. Thanks.” She stared at her cup again, Sehun leaned back on his seat.

“I heard Choi and Min will be handling this. I remember my father is quite close to that..ahjussi. Choi…Shinguk.”

“Do you call every male lawyer ahjussi?” Sehun said lightly, she looked up and her lips quirked up.

“This will probably make it to my top ten tiest nights.” She stated, Sehun took the cupcake and started to eat it.

“I must say, Sammy,”

“Somin. Or whatever.” She gave up on correcting him.

“Your life . I thought I had it worse, but here you are.” He chuckled, she glared at him.

“How could they do this to me? How could they not tell me anything?” She whispered to herself, Sehun brows rose, then he leaned forward.

“Actually, your father doesn’t want one.”

She looked up, Sehun bit his lip before standing up and taking the seat next to hers.

“He wants to speak to your mother face to face with their lawyers. I heard the other partners at the office talk about it. And I shouldn’t be spilling all this to you.” He nodded to himself.

Somin smiled at him.

“Consider it as your payment, I helped you with that ert case.”

Sehun chuckled and just ushered for her to drink her coffee.

“So, you still going to your ex-boyfriend’s wedding?” He hummed, that was when Somin slapped his arm.

Sehun chuckled and glanced at her.

“You know, when I first met you, I thought we weren’t going to get along. You were all haughty and judgmental, but now I know,” She said to him.

“Know what?”

“We probably really wont get along.” She nodded solemnly, Sehun snorted at her.

 

 

Somin checked her reflection again, she was wearing a deep emerald green pantsuit, she had her hair down to her shoulders and a tint of blush on her cheeks.

“I shouldn’t have drunk that much.” She said to herself as she put on some heels, she glanced at her phone again.

It had been ringing endlessly, and she didn’t really have plans on picking up. She could remember Sehun dropping her off last night, he even lent her his coat. She turned to her desk, Chanyeol had left her purse from yesterday and wrote her a note.

You don’t need to come to work today. Rest up. –Chanyeol

“I’d rather be working.” She murmured to herself before heading down, Somin made her way to her car when she heard the butler running after her.

“Agasshi!”

She paused and faced him.

“Your mother has been calling,”

Somin started to shake her head.

“She wants you to drop by her office, she said it’s important.”

“Of course it is, she decided to not inform me about her new man.” She said as she opened the Ferrari’s door.

“And, this came earlier this morning.” He produced a white envelope from his coat pocket, Somin bit his lip and took it from him.

“Is it~” She halted when she took out it’s contents. It was an invitation for Jaebum’s wedding next month.

“I should have stayed asleep.” She murmured before getting in her car. Somin exhaled as she stepped on the gas, she sped away from the property and she set her GPS to Korea Air’s head office.

“Time to find out who this man is then.” She murmured to herself as she reached the main road, it was a good twenty-minute drive to the office. She pulled over at the curb, not minding to park properly.

“Young miss~” She tossed her keys to the valet and marched towards the doors, she got in the lobby with ease and paused, her eyes went to the familiar logo of her mother’s family business.

“Agasshi, you’re here.” Her mother’s secretary was approaching her, her eyes went to the male behind him. Her brows went up, she had read all the gossip articles last night, and the face before her felt so familiar.

Somin crossed her arms and she started to smile.

“Did my mother really think that having you welcome me is a good thing?” She looked at the male, the secretary froze.

“Ah, agasshi, this is director Hong~”

“He even works here. The horror.” She spat, the male looked around awkwardly.

“Uhm, Somin-ah, how about we~”

“How about no. I’ll use the private elevator, so,” She took a step towards the male.

“Don’t talk to me.”

“Park Somin.” A familiar voice made her halt as well as the other employees in the lobby, Somin glanced up and saw her mother making her way towards them.

“I just want to talk to you and the reason I asked Daehwi to~”

“I’m not here to see you, eomma. Then, excuse me.” She said as she sidestepped the elder and headed for the elevators.

Mrs. Park’s secretary could only wince and look away.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++