053

Lost and Found

 

Chanyeol glanced over his shoulder as he stepped in the hospital, Mr. Park and Jaejoong were facing the media’s questions. News of Somin’s kidnapping have spread like fire, every tabloid had the Hong brothers’ faces plastered all over.

“What did they say? How is she?” Myungsoo asked as they got inside the elevator, Chanyeol saw the six men dressed in dark suits observing the crowd around Jaejoong and Somin’s father.

Even the hospital got additional security all thanks to Somin being treated upstairs.

“She’s fine, nothing broken but a lot of bruises.” Chanyeol frowned as they arrived at the floor, the two males walked out quickly.

Myungsoo saw Kai standing outside one of the rooms, he was speaking with Jena and Chaeyoung.

“Sammy?” Chanyeol asked them, Kai pointed towards the door behind him, Myungsoo was the first one to step in and he was stunned to find more guards inside the hospital suite.

“Hong Daeman should really thank Somin.” Kai commented, Jena sighed and leaned against him.

“Why? What did he do?” Chanyeol asked as he glanced at the doors again, Chayeoung was biting her lip as she walked towards him, he gave her a small relieved smile before wrapping one arm around her.

“Sehun almost sliced his palm off,”

Myungsoo and Chanyeol both flinched.

“But Somin asked him to come. He knows she needs him here.”

“Somin’s probably the only person who can stop him now.”

 

 

Somin flinched as the doctor checked the bruises on her neck, while the nurse started to clean the scratches on her cheek and arms.

She was seated on the bed as they tended to her, she could feel Sehun’s gaze on her as the doctor spoke again.

“It’s a relief he didn’t managed to bruise you internally, agasshi. It would have been worrisome if he did.” The doctor frowned as he pulled away from her, Somin didn’t speak, she was just staring at her palms. Sehun bit his lip before placing his hand over both of hers.

“But, I need to run some tests on you, so, I suggest that you be admitted even just for one night.”

“Yes, doctor Seon. Thank you.” Somin spoke softly, the doctor smiled and patted her shoulder.

“I’m glad you’re safe now, agasshi. You father was so worried.”

The nurse and doctor left the room quietly, Sehun glanced at the guards inside the room. He gave them a small nod, the four bowed politely stepping out of the room.

“How are you feeling?” Sehun asked softly as he gingerly twined his finger with hers. Somin’s lower lip quivered, she looked up and slowly shook her head. Sehun stood before her and slowly wrapped his arms around the girl.

“Hey, you’re okay now. You’re safe,” He murmured soothingly as he drew small circles on the small of her back with his thumb.

“I had no idea he was capable of that.” She choked as she pressed her forehead against his chest, Sehun felt her grip on his shirt tightened.

Sehun swallowed, he didn’t like this. He didn’t like Sammy being traumatized like this, his girl was never supposed to get hurt.

“He won’t be able to touch you now, you have me.” He said as he pulled back to cup both of her cheeks in his hands.

“I—I know that, but what if..what if..” She trailed off, Sehun’s eyes went to her swollen cheek and the cut on the side of her lip. He felt his anger rise up again, his forehead creased briefly.

“I’ll take care of it so, you,” Sehun smiled before lifting her up off the bed, Somin wrapped her legs around his waist.

“Just relax.” He smiled as he sat down on the couch, Somin stared at him, confused.

“On the couch?” She asked, Sehun smiled before kissing the back of her palm.

“I need to hold onto you so that I won’t be able to leave this room.”

Sammy just blinked at him, Sehun chuckled before gently positioning her on his lap properly so that she was in a comfortable position. Somin bit her lip before leaning against his chest, Sehun had one palm on her hip, then he spoke again.

“You’re the only thing that’s stopping me from leaving this room, Sammy.”

“Do I want to know what you’ll do if you ever get to leave this room?” She asked as she placed her palm over his, her lips lifted up slightly as she noticed how small her hand was compared to his.

“It’s to protect you, Sammy.” He said before kissing the side of her head, Somin shook her head and she started to doze off. Sehun exhaled and pulled her closer to his chest.

“Sir?” The door opened slightly, he looked up.

“Proceed.”

 

 

Kai looked at his friend pensively, they were at an old warehouse which was situated near a pier.

Hong Daehwi was suspended in the air right beside his brother, who was still bleeding. And Kai didn’t even want to know how many more injuries the Hong brother has.

“This is against the law!” Hong Daehwi screamed from above, Sehun remained unaffected, there was a look on his face that made Kai shudder.

He could remember the Sehun he met during their high school years, cold and ruthless.

“So is kidnapping a young lady, and also burning her car.” Sehun recounted as his men started to move, Kai noticed that they were pushing something out of the shadows. It was huge and heavy.

“Actually, I heard your secretary warned you about me,” Sehun looked up briefly, Hong Daeman remained quiet while his older brother screamed profanities as the mafia son.

“You could have at least listened.” Sehun finished in an amused tone as he pulled out a chair, Kai crossed his arms.

“What rumors? What makes you think you scare me? All you have is your money.” Daehwi spat at him, the guards reacted with smirks.

Sehun raised one finger, the two Hongs were being slowly lowered down. And that was when Kai heard a distinctive grinding noise. The lights were all switched on and the brothers grew quiet as they realized what they were hovered over.

It was then Kai let out a hearty laugh, he had to acknowledge the level of Sehun’s pettiness at the same time his being ruthless.

Hong Daehwi and his brother were suspended over an industrial meat grinder.

 

 

“He resigned?” Somin asked over breakfast, she had just finished her shower and was waiting for the doctor come up.

“Yeah, I heard about it yesterday.” Jena said as Dave prepared Somin’s bag. As promised, she was going to be released from the hospital since all her tests were clear.

“But..why?” Somin murmured as she finished her pudding. Then she looked around the room, she had messaged Sehun earlier, telling him that she’d be out of the hospital soon.

He called her back right away, apologizing that he couldn’t come to pick her up since he had to be at court.

“I thought he loved pro bono cases.” She said, Chaeyoung grinned at her as Somin stood up.

“Director~”

“I would rather die, Dave.” She said to him as he attempted to make her sit on the wheelchair. Jena laughed as the male rolled his eyes and put the wheelchair away.

“You guys good? The car’s ready.” Chanyeol asked as he walked in the room, Sammy nodded.

Chanyeol offered his arm to his cousin as they headed out of the room.

“Unnie, what happens now? Is Sehun going to work for his father….or his mother’s family?” Jena asked Chaeyoung quietly as they followed the Parks to the elevator.

“I don’t know, you know how he is. Confusing.” Chaeyoung replied, they got in the elevator. Sammy was chatting with Chanyeol quietly; they were discussing about recent movements in Park Holdings. The doors pinged open again, Somin was stunned at the amount of media waiting outside the lobby.

“Young miss, good morning.” One of Sehun’s guards approached her with a warm smile.

“Thank you for locating me, hyungnim.” She said with a smile before bumping fists with the older male, Chanyeol grew amused.

“It was nothing, young miss. Let’s get moving.” He urged the group, they started to move, Somin noticed how they were surrounded by guards as they moved. She mentally counted them, there were twelve of them. She balked and glanced at Jena.

“Sehun’s not here so, he doesn’t feel comfortable about you being so exposed.” She explained, and then Chanyeol halted. Somin glanced at her cousin curiously, the guards who were walking in front of them had stepped away.

“A—Auntie,”

Somin followed his gaze and her grip on his sleeve tightened, Chanyeol bit his lip in worry. He could already feel the tension coming from his younger cousin.

“Somin-ah,” The elder spoke, Somin’s forehead creased, Jena and Chaeyoung decided to step away and headed to the car first.

“Can eomma speak with you?” She asked, Somin’s mouth remained shut.

They could hear the reporters asking questions behind the glass doors, pictures and videos were being taken. Chanyeol looked at his shoes, Somin let go of his arm and finally met her mother’s gaze.

“Sammy, eomma’s sorry. I didn’t know~”

“I don’t want to be photographed.” She spoke, the guards nodded and the went back to their positions, Misook was slowly pushed back as the guards refrained her from taking another step closer to her daughter.

“Let’s go.” Sammy started to move, the guards followed her movement, they had her surrounded, not even one person could get in between her barrier.

“Somin-ah,” Her mother pleaded but she continued walking, as if not hearing her. Chanyeol looked at his aunt, he exhaled before following the group.

The guards closed in on Sammy as they stepped out of the building, the guards were great at pushing the reporters away and keeping the cameras off her face.

She felt her phone vibrate in her purse and she quickly took it out, she was helped into the waiting Range Rover.

Kai blew her a kiss from the driver’s seat before stepping on the gas, she grinned at him before opening the text.

My parents wanted to visit, but they were afraid it would be too much for you. So, dinner at my place next week? Please say yes.

Love you. –Sehun

Somin smiled to herself before sending him a smiley emoji, then she leaned back on her seat and placed her head on Jena’s shoulder.

“It’s been a hell of a week, huh?” The girl asked her, Sammy nodded and closed her eyes.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++