033

Lost and Found

“This is new, so many factors to check.” Somin said, Dave nodded from his seat across her.

“What lawyer Oh said is right. Nam Dookwan acts like Hong Daehwi’s eyes and ears. Also, he was the one who contacted the arsonist.”

Sammy nodded and leaned back on her seat, she set down the file she was holding.

“The video has long been taken down, all the gossip sites have been deleted too, director.”

“Good, now,” She stood up to pick up the folder off his desk.

“I just need president Kim to sign this so I can take full control of Hong Daehwi’s department.”

Dave nodded and followed his boss out of the office.

“What about any movement from him? Did he wire money to child again?” She asked as they walked together.

“Not yet. He’s been banking with BK Banking, director. Would you like me to contact them?”

Sammy grinned.

“BK Banking? It’s getting easier.” She chuckled heartily, Dave smiled.

“Oh, it’s oppa.” She saw her older cousin walking with his secretary and there were three directors following behind him.

“President,” She said as she approached him, Jaejoong smiled.

“I see you’ve adjusted well, director Park.” Jaejoong said before patting her hand. His staff bowed as politely before discreetly giving the two cousins some privacy.

“I have something I need you to sign, it’s urgent.” She said meaningfully, Jaejoong took the folder from her and he started to chuckle.

“You’re very precise, baby girl.” He said as he signed his name on the line, Somin chuckled.

“Thanks, oppa. I’ll see you this Saturday?”

“Of course, I’ll bring you some dishes too.” Jaejoong scrunched her nose at her before leaving, Somin smiled to herself before handing the folder to Dave.

“What’s our next move, director?”

“Call the finance department. Set a meeting with the managers.”

 

 

Sehun gave his client a polite bow as the male left his office, he shut the doors close and loosened his tie.

He walked back towards his desk and sat down. His laptop’s screen lit up, and he faced it. He opened his unread mail and noticed the first one on the list.

It was a notification from Kia’s office, it was for their monthly board of directors meeting. Sehun shook his head and chewed on his lower lip.

He always asked Kai to attend for him as his proxy, he was already comfortable with that arrangement. But what his father made sense, and it wasn’t like he could escape who his family were.

Sehun stood up and put on his coat, he fixed his tie before stepping out of his office. He started to dial Somin’s number as he headed for the elevator.

“Hey, I thought you were meeting clients today?” She answered after a few rings.

“I just finished. Are you busy?” He asked as he got inside the machine.

“I’m leaving the office in a few, why?”

“You said you wanted to go furniture shopping. I’ll come by to pick you up, ask the guards to drive your car home.” Sehun suggested, the valet saw him and started to call for his car.

“No need, I’ll meet you at the shops, Kia young master.” She mused back, Sehun paused.

He saw the usual Kia sedan he took to work roll in the curb.

“Okay, drive safely.” Sehun said to her, Somin hummed a yes before ending the call.

 

 

“The meeting has been set, ma’am. Hong Daehwi reacted quite…well, just as you predicted.”

“What?”

“He couldn’t believe that his department was handed to you easily. He even demanded that I set him a meeting with you immediately.” Dave nodded with a grin, Somin chuckled as they crossed the lobby.

“Good. Set a meeting.” Somin snorted.

“Yes, I~”

“Somin-ah,”

Sammy halted, Dave looked up and he tensed. Jaebum was standing before them.

“What do you want? The video issue wasn’t enough for you?” Somin muttered, Jaebum shook his head.

“I just came by to ask how you’re doing. I know the video must have affected you badly.” Jaebum took one step closer to her, Somin bit her lip and exhaled.

“You don’t have to check on me, Im Jaebum. Just stop~”

“I don’t want to do it, Somin. I don’t want marry her.” He blurted out, Somin paused, her brows went up.

“W-hat are you saying? Jaebum-ah, we’ve been through this, you need to stop~”

Jaebum took her hand in his, Somin’s forehead creased.

“Somin, it’s still you. I…I never did get over you, Park Somin.”

Somin looked away and exhaled.

“Please, just please give me one more chance to prove it to you. You…You’re~”

“No, Jaebum. Please stop this.” Somin pulled her hand away from his, she bit her lip before speaking.

“It’s not you. We’re over, that’s how its been for years now.”

“So, in the end you still choose him?” Jaebum laughed bitterly.

“Stop this, Jaebum. Go home.” She said to him.

“I wont let this happen, Somin-ah. You’re being blind, he’s playing you. No one would approve.” He tried to reason with her.

“Stop this, Im Jaebum.” Somin said before sidestepping him and going to her waiting car.

Jaebum exhaled and watched as the car sped away from the building, while Hong Daehwi watched on from behind the concierge’s counter.

“It’s true, then.” He mused to himself before walking back to the elevator.

 

 

Sammy exhaled and pressed her palms together as she entered the furniture store, she looked around and noticed her three guards behind her.

“Ah, so only the company is off limits?” She asked them, the three grinned at her.

“You could say that, young miss.”

Somin nodded as her eyes scanned the area, she found Sehun standing by the dressers, he was leaning against one of the floor length mirrors. He was staring off to space and it was obvious that something was bothering him.

“Long day at work?” She spoke as she approached him, Sehun’s intense gaze went to her. Somin paused briefly.

“Hmm, I’m not sure.” He murmured before leaning over to wrap his arms around hers, Somin blinked and looked around them. Sehun leaned his chin over shoulder and a small smile started to form on his face.

“Another pro bono is giving you headache?” She asked as she rubbed his back comfortingly.

“Not really, did anyone annoy you today?” Sehun asked as he pulled back, Somin paused but she shook her head.

“Uneventful, unless you want to talk about airplanes and frequent flyer points?” She said flatly, Sehun nodded and kissed her cheek.

“Let’s go around then.”

Somin nodded and hooked her arm around his.

I don’t want to do it, Somin. I don’t want marry her.”

“Somin, it’s still you. I…I never did get over you, Park Somin.”

She let out a breath and looked around, Sehun was pointing at something to her, she just nodded along as they walked.

“Is something wrong? You’re being quiet.” Sehun asked her, she shook her head.

 

“It’s nothing.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++