The New Beginning

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 Year Later...

Jiyong took the bouquet of flowers from the passenger’s seat as he stepped out of his car. With heavy footsteps, he walked towards the big gate where he's heading. Every step reminded him of the day he wanted to forget. It brings unbearable sadness and agony in his heart. The same day he lost someone dear to him.

 

He stepped into the ground covered with green grass as he lowered himself to place the bouquet of flowers on top of the tombstone. He brushed some of the dust off to show the name engraved clearly over it. He straightened up and bowed his head as he solemnly says his prayer. A cold breeze passed his face as he stared at the stone lying in front of him.

 

"Hey, it’s me again." He spoke as if it can hear him. "How are you? I don't know if it still matters but I’m fine too." He heaved a deep breath before continuing. "It’s been a while huh? Well, I just want to tell you something, just in case you want to know. A lot of things changed, everything is proving to be a challenge but it’s for the better. It’s a shame it’s all happening without you. I know this has always been your dream, to get me out of the dark side." He said as he bowed his head. It’s true. Since that day, Jiyong realized how dreadful it is to belong in that kind of world. He decided to change everything even if it’s hard and it will take every ounce of his willpower to turn his life upside down. He talked to s about it and with their help, they started to untie themselves to the world they used to belong. They no longer engaged themselves to illegal transactions and cut all their communications with their underground connections. Little by little, they did it until they finally let go of everything and started anew.

 

"I thought it was impossible, but we did it...I did it for you and me too..." He stopped for a while and breathed deeper. "...To move on." He finally said and stared at the stone again in front of him. Flashes of memories came running through his mind as he remembered everything. A tear suddenly escaped his eye but he immediately wiped it off with his hand. He promised himself he won't cry anymore but each time that an old memory pops inside his head, he can't stop himself but become emotional. It brought severe trauma within his system that he finds it so difficult to overcome.

 

He stood on his spot a little longer until somebody suddenly s an arm around his waist. He looked sidewards to glance at the person hugging him.

 

"Hey..." she said as she rubbed his back to comfort him.

 

"Hey." He answered, a small smile tugging on the side of his lips.

 

"Are you ok?" She asked not letting go of the hug.

 

"I am now." He lifted his arm to welcome her embrace as they both looked in front of them. They both offered a prayer as they bowed their heads right after.

 

"I'm sorry I’m late. I didn't expect the meeting will take that long. Bom made sure everything is set before we call it off. I hurriedly came here as soon as we finished." She explained while frowning. Jiyong raised his hand and tucke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter