First and Last

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I turned my head sideways when I heard my alarm, it says 6 am. I gazed back to the white ceiling that I’ve been staring at since last night. I didn't sleep, or should I say I can't sleep. I've been thinking of various ways to help my father. So far, I can't think of anything. I know I’m weak and there's no way I can fight them. I can't ask help from anyone, that will only make things worse. If I go there, it might be the end of me but I have to do this.

 

I stood up from my bed and take a quick shower before going out of my room. I headed towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the boys. They've been working so hard to help me, this is the least I could do to return the favor. I prepared all their favorites and made sure to finish on time before they get out of their beds. I'm done after an hour and since it’s still early, I head back to my room to prepare my stuff for later. I only have hours left, I should be ready anytime soon.

 

I went back to the kitchen and found Daesung and Taeyang already sitting on the dining table. They've been the constant early birds since I started living with them.

 

"Good morning Noona!" Daesung cheerfully greeted.

 

"Good morning Daesung-ah, how's sleep?" I asked as I walked near the table.

 

"It was good and refreshing. I feel recharged." He said smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Hey Dara, did you cook all these?" Taeyang asked while scanning the food on the table.

 

"Uhm, yeah. It’s all your favorites." I said and saw his eyes smile.

 

"You don't have to you know." I heard a deep baritone voice spoke from my back. I turned around and saw Top together with Bom and Seungri standing by the door. I think they just woke up.

 

"Dara, is this really you?" Bom commented as she placed her palm on top of my forehead which I lightly slapped away.

 

"Yes, it is Bommie. Aisht!"

 

"Noona! These looks delicious!" Seungri excitedly said as he quickly sat beside Daesung and grabbed a strip of bacon. Taeyang swatted his hands away and reprimanded him.

 

"Can't you wait? The leader's not here yet." He said and glared at him.

 

"It’s ok, you guys can start eating." We all turned to the direction of where the voice came from and saw Jiyong leaning beside the door frame looking fresh as ever. He looks like he just came out of the shower. My heart skipped a beat when his eyes immediately landed on mine.

 

He walked towards my direction and circled his arms around my waist before kissing my cheek. "Good morning babe." He whispered to my ear before he leaned back a little. He smells so good I felt my cheeks burning again. He gestured me to sit beside him and all of them stared at us in awe.

 

"Why did you cook for us? We have people to do it, you don't have to do this." Jiyong said as he took the bowl of rice and place some on my plate.

 

"It’s just my little way of saying thank you for all your hard work. You guys have been working so hard to help me. Let me return the favor by doing this to you." I said as I bowed my head to them.

 

"It’s nothing, really. We're doing this because we want to Dara." Top said and smiled back.

 

"Yes, Noona. He's right. We want to help you from the bottom of our hearts." Seungri dramatically said as he clutched his chest for added effect. Taeyang smacks his head as he shook his head.

 

"From the bottom of our hearts? Really?" He said.

 

"Yes Hyung, deep, deep down in our hearts," Seungri added. I saw Jiyong glared at him which made him jump on his seat.

 

I held Jiyong's hand under the table to calm him down and I thank the heavens that it worked. I don't know what will happen to Seungri if it didn't.

 

They all started eating the food I prepared and chatting once in a while. I smiled as I watched them enjoy each other's company. I don't know if I’ll still be able to witness these in the future. I felt my eyes well up but I immediately averted my gaze towards the food in front of me to prevent my tears to fall. I felt Jiyong's hand on mine this time as he looked at me with worried eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile, hoping he won't notice the pain I’ve been feeling since last night. I leaned near his ear and whispered something I’ve never thought of asking.

 

"Can we have a date later?" I asked quietly that only the two of us can hear. I leaned back and chuckled when I saw his face looking shocked mouth agape. His eyebrows went up and looked at me intently as if asking if I mean what I said. I nodded my head repeatedly and saw his most beautiful smile his face could ever make.

 

"What's with you guys? You look.... creepy." Bom interrupted our moment as both of us looked at her at the same time. We chuckled and continued eating while ignoring her scrutinizing eyes.

 

When we're done, I volunteered to wash the dishes but Jiyong strongly disagreed. He said that he will just ask the maid to do it and he dragged me to my room to prepare for our date. He told me he will wait for me at the lobby for an hour.

 

I prepared myself and was done for 30 minutes. I fix all my stuff in my bag ready to go but before I left my room, I took something from my bag and left it on top of my bed.

 

I went outside and immediately head towards the elevator. I know this is our first date, I should feel excited and all but my current situation hinders me to feel it. As I stepped inside the elevator, I remembered how I react whenever I rode this thing. It usually gives me the creeps, but now, I somehow overcome the scary feeling and replaced it with good memories. And it’s all because of Jiyong. He unconsciously helped me in so many ways and I am very grateful for that. I'm very lucky to have known someone like him. And even if our first encounter wasn't really nice, what's important is how we ended up like what we are right now, happy and contented. It's just so sad that it has to end so soon.

 

The sound of a ding resonated inside the elevator when I reached the ground floor. I took a deep breath before heading out to the lobby. As expected, he's already waiting for me near the entrance, his back facing me. He already looked nice just by staring at his mere back, and I’m sure he will be thrice as gorgeous when he faces me. My prediction came true when he twisted around to look at me. This man must really be a heaven sent for I haven't seen someone as handsome and charismatic as him. I don't know what I’ve done in the past to deserve someone like him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter