Welcome Back(s)

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA’S POV

 

After the long and agonizing lunch, we're finally back on the road. He continued pissing me off, saying things that he knew would make my blood boil. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose but I have to admit, it helps me divert my mind off from the problems I’m having right now. Just thinking about it makes me feel lost and everything is new to me. I've live my life according to my set plans. I always have time tables, deadlines and goals to fulfill even if it’s not job related. I want everything to be organized. But right now, I can say that it is far from what I had in mind.

 

"Stop thinking too much, you'll die ugly." I heard Jiyong commented and chuckled right after.

 

"I don't care, I’m already ugly." I said. He was speechless for a while and his smile instantly faltered. Maybe he thought I will say something to counter what he said.

 

"You're not ugly. Remember what the waiter said Ms. Pretty?" He said and rolled his eyes.

 

My brows mashed together as I shifted on my seat to look at him. "I noticed recently that you always roll your eyes. Have you developed the habit of doing it or you just do it when you're jealous?" I said smirking at him. I saw him tensed upon hearing what I said.

 

"Me? Jealous? Why should I?" He denied and repositioned himself on his seat, pretending to focus his eyes on the road.

 

"So, you're not jealous?"

 

"No." he instantly answered back but felt uneasy all of a sudden. I can see his eyes looking at me sideways without moving his head.

 

"Ok. If you say so." I looked the other way to hide my smile. He really looks adorable right now. Let's just see how long he will deny it.

 

After hours of driving, we finally reached the vicinity of Busan. I feel nostalgic seeing the familiar houses we passed through. I know my family will be surprised once they see me. It’s been years since the last time I visited. I feel bad but I never had the time because of my busy schedules. I clenched and unclenched my hands to calm myself. I'm actually feeling nervous.

 

"Hey, relax. Everything will be fine." I heard Jiyong said. Am I being obvious?

 

"I don't know what the outcome will be once I talk to them." I said, I felt my heart pound a little because of anxiousness.

 

"Don't worry Dara, I’ll be here." He said and put his hand on top of mine.

 

"Thanks, Jiyong." I smiled at him sincerely. Though he always pisses me off and make sure that I reach my boiling point most of the time, I’m really glad that he’s here to accompany me. I can’t imagine what would I be like if no one is with me when I face them.

 

We finally arrived in front of my parent's house. Though feeling reluctant, I slowly cracked the door of the car open and stepped out feeling heavier than before. I looked over to my left and saw Jiyong stretching his arms and legs, feeling tired because of the long drive. The familiar surroundings enveloped me and for the longest time, I felt home again. I was about to walk towards the gate when someone suddenly called my name.

 

"Dara?"

 

My gaze instantly shifted sideways and saw a man standing not too far from where Jiyong and I were at. He looks familiar though, wait. Is that..."Minho?"

 

"Dara!!! It’s you!! It's really you!!" He dashed towards me and hugged me so tight I think my bones are going to crack anytime soon.

 

"Minho, wait I c-can't b-breathe..." I said feeling my lungs losing its air as well.

 

"Oh sorry, Dara. I just can't believe you're really here." He said, finally breaking the hug as I saw his face lighten up and his eyes sparkle.

 

"Me too." I smiled at him. "Wow, Minho. You look great, and… Oh my God, you're taller than me now." I chuckled and punched his arm lightly. He's my childhood friend way back during elementary days all the way to high school.

 

"You too. You look prettier than before, and yes, I am taller than you now so you can't tease me anymore." We both laughed at his comment but was put to a halt when we heard someone cleared his throat.

 

"Ehem..."

 

I looked sideways and saw Jiyong wearing his stoic face again. I almost forgot he was there. "Oh, by the way, Minho, this is Jiyong. Jiyong this is Minho, my childhood friend."

 

"Oh, Hi Jiyong. Nice to meet you." Minho extended his hand for a handshake but Jiyong just stared at him like he's some kind of alien or something. I nudged him a bit and gave him the look that I hope he gets before I literally and physically send him the message I was implying.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter