Behind the Real You

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOM'S POV

 

It's almost an hour since Dara went off to look for Donghae. I didn't notice the time for both Seunghyun and I were preoccupied when Jiyong suddenly called. He sounded really drunk and was pushing himself to go and join us. That moron. He's lucky he wasn't in front of me or else I would have knocked the hell down on what was left of him.

 

After talking sense to him for who knows how long, Seunghyun finally convinced him to stay at home. Both of us sighed in relief, bringing us back to what was currently at hand.

 

"What's taking them so long?" I asked feeling a bit strange. I scanned my surroundings and tried to find any signs of them but none.

 

"It’s almost an hour since they left, let's go check on them. It doesn't feel right anymore." I heard Seunghyun said with a hint of nervousness and panic in his voice. He immediately grabbed my hand and guided me towards where the restrooms were located.

 

"What do you mean?" I raised my voice for him to hear me. The loud music overpowering our voices, the reason why we need to lean on each other’s ears to understand what we're saying.

 

"Just follow me." He simply said, dragging me away from the swarm of people in the middle of the dance floor.

 

The club had gotten even more crowded as the night falls deep. That made it difficult for us to pass through the sea of people dancing their hearts out, blocking our way.

 

As we reached the corridor where the restrooms were, we both parted and tried searching both rooms. Seunghyun in men's and me in woman's. I opened each cubicle but Dara was nowhere in sight. Panic suddenly rushed through me as the memory of her being taken away again invaded my mind. Even if I don't want to entertain the idea, it keeps popping inside my head. "Dara! Are you here?" I shouted but no one answered. I walked out of the room the same time as Seunghyun wearing a wary face.

 

"Did you find him?" I asked, but he only shook his head. I rummaged my bag for my phone to call Dara, but only to be disappointed when I was redirected to a voicemail. "God! Dara, pick up!!" I said to myself, almost losing control of my emotions. My eyes started to get blurry because of the tears threatening to fall. I then tried calling Donghae's phone but the same scenario happened. "They're both not answering." I looked back at Seunghyun now with a worried face as she rubbed my back to calm me.

 

"Don't worry, maybe they just went out. Let's go outside and look for them." He said trying to look calm, but I know he’s as nervous as I am.

 

We paid for our bill and quickly headed towards the exit. When we stepped outside, the bar was already surrounded by lots of cars. A sign that the crowd has grown from the time we arrived. People come and go around the place and that hinders us from thoroughly scanning the whole area. My grasp on Seunghyun's hand tighten when we reach the end of the parking lot but still, there's no signs of any of them.

 

"Let's call the cops. I have a bad feeling about this." I shook Seunghyun's hands vigorously to convince him.

 

"Bom, you know that they won't entertain us if we report this. They'll just let us wait for another twenty-four hours before they'll consider them missing." He explained.

 

"I don't care! At least we did something to find her. She might be in danger by now. Please! We can't just stand here and do nothing!" I pleaded as the tears I’ve been holding finally streamed down my face.

 

"Okay. Just calm down. I have a better idea." He said. My brows furrowed meeting his gaze.

 

"What idea?" I asked, confused at his sudden change of reaction. He sighed and breath in an ample amount of air.

 

"I’ll just explain later. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me back to his car.

 

I abruptly stopped when I spotted Dara's car parked near his. "Wait, what about Dara's car?"

 

He looked at it for a second before returning his gaze back to me, not wasting any time. "I'll have someone to take care of it. Now let's go." He calmly said and immediately opened the door of the passenger's seat and waited for me to step in. He run around the car to get inside the driver seat now feeling the sense of urgency in him. He revved up the engine and drove off. Why do I feel that there's something else I should be worrying about?

 

 

-----------------------
 

DONGHAE'S POV

 

Seeing Bom's name appear on the screen, I watched as my phone blinked many times. They must have noticed our absence by now. I must say I’m rather disappointed that it took them a while. I then shifted my gaze towards the limped body of Dara, lying at the backseat of the van still unconscious. We are currently on our way to one of our bases away from the city. Far from even Jiyong and his gang's radar can reach. I know what I’m doing is unforgivable and will put myself in a big risk but I had no choice. I have to do this... to protect her.

 

(Flashback)

 

After she knew about my real identity, I didn't dare talk to her. I saw how she looked at me. Pain visible in her eyes as I saw tears streamed down her face. I don't have other choice but to just… walk away.

 

I isolated myself. Far from their promising world as I watch mine crumbled down to pieces. Almost everyone tried to reach me except for that one person I desperately wanted to talk to. I want to explain to her why but I couldn't get enough courage to do so.

 

The moment I first saw her, she already owned my heart. I don't know if I should thank my father when he ordered me to watch her every move. That's the plan from the very beginning. From the time her father hid her and sent her away, it has been my father's task to find her and bring her back to the leader. Her father did a great job keeping her under the radar that it took my father so long, he decided to pass the same obligation down to me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter