Trip to Busan

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

After Jiyong and I had a talk, I decided to go back to the room to be alone. For what I just learned, I think I need a breather. I still don't know if what Jiyong said a while ago was true. There's so much to take in and just by thinking about it makes me wonder if what I believed in for so many years were true. I'm starting to doubt everything now. I was brought back from my trance when I heard a soft knock on the door.

 

 

"Dara, may I come in?" I heard Jiyong spoke. He didn't wait for my answer when he learned that the door wasn't locked. He stepped inside and slowly closed the door behind him. "Dara?"

 

 

"I need a minute..." I said, my back facing him.

 

 

"Look Dara, what happened earlier was..."

 

 

"I know." I cut him off, not really wanting to hear his explanation. I heard him sighed deeply as he walked closer to where I was sitting. "Jiyong..."

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"I need to see my parents." I said still not looking at him as I continued "I don't care if it’s dangerous, I just need to see them as soon as possible."

 

 

I didn't hear any response from him at first and so I stood up to meet his eyes, lost in deep thought. "Fine...I’ll prepare everything." He sighed in defeat.

 

 

"Thank you Jiyong."

 

 

"But I’m coming with you." He added, my eyebrows suddenly creased upon hearing what just said.

 

 

"What?" I asked, confused. "You don't have to Jiyong. I can manage."

 

 

"You really don't have any idea how dangerous it is and what kind of people you’re up against do you?" He exclaimed. I can feel the tension building up again.

 

 

"How will I know? You're not telling me anything remember?" I said with a hint of bitterness.

 

 

"I told you I have valid reasons to..."

 

 

"Fine! Let's not argue about it again." I cut him off immediately before our conversation leads to another heated argument. I saw him sighed once again then nodded afterwards.

 

 

"Prepare yourself. We'll leave in an hour." He said and twisted around to leave when I stopped him.

 

 

"Jiyong...thank you again." I said and he just nodded without looking back as he resumed walking out of the room.

 

 

I know he's having a hard time and me being here under his care is putting a lot of weight for him to carry. He already has so many things over his shoulder and I don't have any plans on adding up to his burdens. I just need to know the truth and helping me obtain it will be the last favor I would ever ask from him. "I'm sorry Jiyong...I’m sorry." I whispered "This will be the last, I promise." And without notice, the tears I’ve been holding finally escaped my eyes.

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

As expected, Jiyong arranged everything. I was surprised when we have to ride a boat for us to reach the other side of the city. This is the first time I learned that we stayed in an island in the middle of nowhere. I thought our location were just somewhere hidden, like a forest or something, but no, an island is another thing.

 

 

Upon reaching the port, a car was already waiting for us. I saw the driver handed the key to Jiyong and instantly opened the door of the passenger's seat for me. I bowed to him and stepped inside the car as Jiyong did the same.

 

 

The ride going to my parents was unbearably quiet. No one dared to start a conversation or even get a glimpse of each other. His gaze was focused on the road and mine was glued on the window. I'm starting to have a stiffed neck by staying on the same position I had since I got inside the car. I even tried to sleep but I can't. A lot of things were running inside my head and I don't have a clue how will I be able to handle everything. I was brought back from my trance when I heard someone cleared his throat.

 

 

"Ehem..."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter