We've met again

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

I got startled when I heard our doorbell rang and woke me up. I was lying on our couch and must have dozed off while waiting for Minho to fetch us. I looked at our watch and its already two in the afternoon. I fixed myself first before heading to the door to open it.

 

"Hi Dara! Are you ready?" The ever-cheerful Minho greeted me and I smiled at him.

 

"Yes I am. Come in first. I’ll ask Jiyong if he's done preparing." I said and was about to step back to let him in when I bumped my back to something hard. I looked back and was surprised to see Jiyong standing at my back wearing a deadpan expression. How did he get there?

 

"I'm ready." He said flatly while staring at Minho.

 

"Oh, I was just about to check on you." I told him as he averted his gaze to me.

 

"Well I’m ready. Now let's go." He said slowly pushing me forward and raised his arm to place it above my shoulder. I saw Minho tensed at the gesture but just shrugged it off.

 

Minho led us to his car and opened the passenger's seat for me but Jiyong did the same at the back-seat door and let me in instead. I was about to protest but he whispered something to me "I’ll take the front seat." He said and closed the door before turning around to meet the speechless Minho. "Let's go?" I heard Jiyong said from outside and saw Minho sighed and nodded his head.

 

The drive was awfully quiet so I decided to break the silence. "So... Minho, are you dating someone now?" I asked as I scoot forward and took the space in the middle to get in between them two.

 

"Uhmm... no. I'm not" he answered and glanced at me at the rearview mirror.

 

"How come?"

 

"I don't know... I still can't find the right girl for me." He said and smiled at me.

 

"Maybe you're too picky." I commented.

 

"Maybe..." he said and thought of something before he continued. "Actually, I already had my eyes on someone." He said and my eyes widen in anticipation.

 

"Really? Do I know her?" I asked feeling excited as I leaned forward more to hear him clearly.

 

"Yes, you do… very well." He answered slowly while nodding his head.

 

"Oh my gosh. Is it the girl who always stalks you way back in high school?" I asked trying to guess who's that girl he was referring to. It’s actually hard because he was a heart rob back then.

 

"No... she's scary." He said and cringed remembering the things that girl had done to get his attention.

 

"Hahahaha, I remember that girl. She was all over you and she even had your name tattooed on her chest saying you're always on her heart. Hahahaha" I said as I clutched my stomach while laughing too much.

 

"Stop it. It was scary like a horror movie. Everywhere I look, she's there." He commented and shook his head.

 

"Sorry, I can't help it." I said and controlled myself from laughing more. "If it’s not her, then who? It’s actually hard to guess since you were the campus sweetheart back then."

 

"You'll find out soon..." he said as we both look at Jiyong when we heard an irritated sound coming from him.

 

"Are you ok?" I asked Jiyong who seemed too bored since we left.

 

"Yeah I’m fine. Don't mind me." He said but his face says otherwise. "Are we there yet?"

 

"We're almost there. The parade will start in thirty minutes so we're just in time." I heard Minho answered that earned a glare from Jiyong. Good thing he didn't see it.

 

We arrived at the place fifteen minutes early. We still have time to get ourselves something to munch on for later when the parade starts.

 

"Come on, I reserved seats for us." Minho said and led us on the very front row. We settled ourselves to where the reserved seats were, me being positioned at the middle of the two.

 

The parade hasn’t started yet but the place is already packed with so many people. Families, couples and friends gather while enjoying different booths while munching on some snacks. "Wow Minho, this is amazing. It’s been a long time since I last saw the show." I said looking everywhere that my eyes can land on. I'm feeling nostalgic again.

 

"I know, that's why I invited you here." He said as he stared deeply into my eyes. Our eye contact suddenly broke when Jiyong abruptly tugged my right arm.

 

"Dara, look! There's an ugly mascot." He said as he stretches his hand and points at somewhere.

 

"Really? Where?" I asked and leaned over to Jiyong as he pulled me a little to his side for me to have a better view.

 

"Can you see it? It’s so ugly. Hahaha" he laughed hard while I’m still trying to locate where the mascot he's talking about.

 

"Where is it? I can't see it."

 

"Oh, it’s gone already." he said and points at other things that catches his attention. "Look! There's a giant flower over there."

 

"Wow, that's huge. I wonder how long they made it." I commented as he keeps on pointing to everything his eyes can see. He's like a kid brought in an amusement park for the first time.

 

"Dara, do you want some of my fries?" I heard Minho asked as he poked my left shoulder. I looked to his side and he stretched his arms to give me the food he's offering.

 

"No, she doesn’t want YOUR fries. She wants MY popcorn. Right Dara?" Jiyong said and looked at me sternly emphasizing the words YOUR and MY.

 

I was about to answer him when Minho beats me to it.

 

"Why would she like your popcorn? It doesn't have any flavor. My fries have and its cheese." Minho countered showing his cheese flavored fries.

 

"Plain popcorn is better. It’s simple and easy to eat unlike your fries that messed up your fingers after eating." Jiyong said as he picked up one piece of popcorn and showed us his finger. "See that? I still have clean hands. Plus, it has butter in it and salt. Not just any salt, but iodized salt. It’s healthy unlike your greasy fries." Jiyong said nonstop. He can pass as a commercial model for popcorn if you ask me.

 

"Hey enough already. I’ll try both of them so stop comparing." I interrupted their debate as I was starting to get pissed.

 

"I'm sorry Dara. I didn't mean to piss you off." Minho apologized.

 

"Let's just calm down and watch the show ok?" I finally said and both of them nodded.

 

The show started and I was amazed. The floats were obviously well done and they really prepared for the event. A lot of new gimmicks were added for the show to be more interesting. We were in the middle of watching when someone approached our bench and greeted.

 

"Minho? Is that you?" A lady holding a cup of large drink asked.

 

"Taeyeon?" Minho said and all of us turned to her direction.

 

"I knew it. It’s you and....Dara?"

 

I lowered my head and tried to avoid her gaze. I was speechless. I never thought that I will see her again.

 

"Well, well, well... Look whose back in town." She said and stepped towards to where we were seated. "How's the greatest nerd of all time doing?"

 

"Taeyeon, don't start." Minho warned but she still continued.

 

"What? I'm not doing anything. I just want us to catch up. I didn't know that the two of you still hangs out." She said sipping her drink and drew herself closer. She then noticed Jiyong as she eyed him from head to toe. "Oohh... and who do we have here?"

 

Minho introduced them to each other and it’s pretty obvious that she's interested with Jiyong. She looks at him like she wants to eat him alive. "Hi, I’m Taeyeon. I'm Dara's friend." She pushed her hand forward for a handshake and Jiyong took it. What the eff!?!?

 

I cringed at the sight of them shaking hands and I don’t know what came over me that I suddenly found my voice. "We're not friends."

 

Taeyeon shifted her gaze towards me and if my eyes were not deceiving me, I think I saw her squinting her eyes at me. "Aww Dara, you're hurting my feelings." She dramatically said and faked a sob.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter