Two Face

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINHO'S POV

The atmosphere was heavy when I brought her home in her apartment. I didn't dare ask her the reason behind the drama earlier. Even if she doesn't say anything, whatever it is, I know it’s bringing a heavy burden inside her. I pulled the car over in front of her house but it seems that she didn't notice for her mind is elsewhere. I put my hand gently on her shoulder to wake her wandering mind.

 

"Hey, it’s going to be alright." I told her and rubbed her back. She tilted her head up a little and stared at me for seconds before she abruptly hugged me tight.

 

"It hurts." I heard her say in a muffled voice. She cried in my chest as her body shook. Her cries then became loud sobs but I don't mind if she soaks my shirt with her tears. "Why does it hurt so much?"

 

I can't find the right words to answer her painful question for my heart is aching as well. That's the time that I knew I already lost my chance with her.

 

I admit. I do have feelings for her since then. We were friends since we were kids and grew up together. I knew from the start that she's different. Different from all the girls I’ve ever met. She was always there for me and showed the care that even my parents can't provide. From then on, my feelings for her grew even if I knew she only sees me as her brother. That's the reason why I have to hide it. I was scared that if she learned how I feel about her, she'll avoid me and our friendship will fall apart. I was contented to just stay by her side if she needs me and hope that maybe one day, she'll look at me the same way as I look at her.

 

But now, seeing her like this, hearing her cry for the man who hurt her makes me want to curse fate. Why does it have to play a very painful game that use people's hearts as its pawn? I just don't get it sometimes.

 

I heaved a deep sigh as I finally decided to let her realize something she might still be denying to herself until now. "It’s because you like him."

 

She slowly pulled herself from the embrace so she could look at me. "What?" She asked wiping her tears away.

 

"You like him, that much. That's why it hurts so bad." I told her. I know… because that's what I’m feeling right now.

 

She shook her head and tried to convince me that what I’m saying was not true but I just smiled at her. I caressed her face and stared at her eyes. "Trust me, I know. And you'll realize it soon Dara. You can deny it to me or to everyone else but not to yourself."

 

She hugged me again and sobbed even more. Maybe what I said finally sink in on her.

 

Moments passed as I waited for her sobs to die down. When her breathing becomes even, that’s when I convinced her to get inside her apartment. "Hey, it’s getting late. You should rest now." I said as I tried to push her gently off of me. She nodded and opened her side of the door. I did the same and walked her to her doorstep when I noticed a car parked in front of her house. "Is that your car?" I asked checking it out myself.

 

"Oh, yeah. Kind of." She answered while following behind me. "I won in a contest and that’s the prize." She said lazily.

 

"Really? What contest?"

 

"Guessing game contest. I did nothing but I won." I chuckled but sighed right after. She really looks down.

 

"Well, you should use it. You know, for safety reasons." I told her. I can't believe she has this car but still persistently and patiently riding the bus home. Tsk! This girl really!

 

"I’ll think about it." She simply said ending the conversation. It’s no use arguing anyway.

 

"Ok. Get inside now and rest, I’ll go ahead. I’ll try to visit you some time if that's ok." I smiled at her. She furrowed her brows and slapped my arm. Well at least her mood lights up a little.

 

"Of course, its ok, you pabo. Visit me anytime you want." She said and gave me one last hug.

 

"Take care ok? I’ll be here if you need me." I whispered to her ear before we broke the hug. She finally smiled and opened her door to let herself in until we bade goodbye.

 

I went to my car and thought about what happened today. I must have been too late, someone already owns her heart. Lucky bastard. He should take care of her or else I’ll do everything to have her and give her what she deserves. I just sighed and drove off home.

 

-----------------
 

DARA'S POV

 

I woke up feeling dizzy for I only slept for an hour. I can't sleep last night. Thoughts of what happened kept rewinding inside my head over and over like a broken record. I wanted to just stay in my house for the whole day but I really have to go to work. We only have one week left to finish the monthly issue and I was the one in charge. I can't let my staff suffer because of my tardiness.

 

I readied myself for work and headed out of my apartment when I saw the car sitting prettily in front on my house. I remembered what Minho told me. To use it for safety reasons. He has a point though especially now that I almost got kidnapped by some random gangsters. Hmm, maybe I’ll give it a try.

 

I walked towards the car and sighed when I saw that it doesn't really fit me. I mean, it’s too luxurious. Everything about it screams awesome, and me? I can't think of anything that can describe myself as being awesome. Well, maybe awesome weirdness will do. Aisht! I don't care anymore. I'm late for work and I don't have the energy to walk over to the bus station.

 

I took the keys and press the button to unlock it. I stepped inside and the smell of a brand-new car immediately welcomed me. Wow, even the interior looks so nice. I checked every little thing inside and if someone sees me right now, they would think that I’m some cave woman who just discovered fire. This car is so great. I should send a photo to Minho.

 

After my silliness, I finally drove off and headed to our office. I parked the car and as soon as I stepped out, all eyes were on me. Yeah, I expected that already and its irritating me. These judgmental people always get to my very last nerve. Aisht!

 

I went straight to the elevator and surprisingly, the fear of riding it subsided a little. I don't have to count numbers in my head anymore just to help me relax every time I use it. All I remember was the voice of Jiyong calming me when we got stuck inside an elevator once. Gosh, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter