Unknown Feelings

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I went back to our house with a heavy heart. I immediately wiped my tears when I saw my parents and brother at the living room waiting for me. I know they heard our conversation outside. Our voices weren’t that low to be discreet. I walked past them to avoid their questions and headed back to my room.

 

I haven't reached my room yet when I heard them talking downstairs with Jiyong.

 

"Sir, let me just talk to her." I heard Jiyong asked Appa for permission.

 

"Didn't you hear what my daughter said?" Appa raised his voice to stop Jiyong.

 

"Please... Omma..."

 

I can't hold my tears from falling the moment I heard him call my mom Omma. I placed my palm on my lips to help muffle the sound I’m creating. "Jiyong, just go home for now. This isn't the right time to talk. Everyone is too hurt and emotional." Mom calmly said.

 

"Leave and don't you dare come near my daughter again. You've done nothing but hurt her and put her life in danger!" Appa yelled at him.

 

"I'm sorry... I’ll leave for now but I can't promise that I’ll stay away from her." He said and after a while, I heard the door closed.

 

I immediately ran to my room, careful not to make any sound. I cried the moment my face hit my pillow, controlling myself as I sobbed harder. Why does it hurt so much? I always tell myself not to trust just anyone but here I am opening up fully to him. What's wrong with me? Why am I so stupid?!

 

------------------
 

A ray of light touched my face causing my eyes to open. I looked at the clock and was surprised to see that its already eight in the morning. Though my body is craving for more sleep, I tried pushing myself out of bed and walked towards my bathroom. My gaze suddenly drifted to the mirror and was shocked to see my puffy red eyes. It’s because of the endless sobbing I did last night. I didn't even notice that I already fell asleep because of too much crying.

 

I finished my morning routine and since my phone is still not with me, I decided to head towards Sanghyun's room to borrow his phone. I need to talk to Bom.

 

"Sanghyun-ah, open the door." I knock on his door several times but he wouldn't open. Since when did he become a heavy sleeper you ask? "Sanghyun! Open up!" I called again. This isn’t the first time I yelled to wake him up. I actually sound louder than his three alarm clocks combined. Yup, three! He’s the only person I know who owns that much yet he can’t bring himself to drag his body out of bed.

 

Finally, after several minutes of waiting, I heard heavy footsteps coming towards the door.

 

The door abruptly opened and a haggard looking face welcomed me. "Noona... what's wrong? Why are you yelling?" Sanghyun said, eyes still closed while scratching his head looking pissed.

 

"I need to borrow your phone." I casually said.

 

"Why? Where's yours?" He lazily asked letting go of the door knob to head back to his bed.

 

"It’s...missing." I answered hesitantly as I followed him inside his room and scanned the area. "What the eff is this place? A jungle?" I muttered looking around his messy room. Wait, I think the word messy is an understatement.

 

"Just get my phone and closed the door. I'm still sleepy." He groggily said and covered himself with his blanket.

 

"How can I find your phone in here? It looks like you got robbed or something." I yelled at him walking around to find his phone.

 

"It’s in there...still sleepy...zzzz"

 

"Yah!!! Don't you sleep on me!!!"

 

-----------------

 

"Dara?! Is this really you?!?" I heard Bom squealed the moment she picked up.

 

I pulled the phone away from my ear before my eardrums explode. My goodness! Was I gone that long for her to react that way? "Yes Bom. Its me."

 

"Oh my God. How are you? What happened to you? Are you ok?!?" She bombarded me with questions I don't know what to answer first but was surprised when I heard her sniffed on the other line. Is she crying?

 

"Bom? Are you crying?" I asked as I heard her heaved a sigh.

 

"Sorry, I just can't help it. You've been gone for days and I don't know what happened to you and…and..." she sobbed over the phone and I can't help but cry as well. "I miss my best friend…"

 

"I miss you too Bom. I'm sorry I wasn't able to contact you. There's a lot going on right now." I explained and tried to control myself from sobbing as well.

 

"Why? What happened?" She asked. She sounded really worried and I can’t help myself but to feel guilty again.

 

"I'll tell you everything about it when I come back." I told her and changed the topic. "So, how's everything in there?"

 

I heard her blew her nose first and cleared before answering my question. "We're fine but you won't believe who came back Dara."

 

"Who?"

 

"Donghae... he's back and he's been asking for you nonstop." She informed me and I was actually surprised. After what happened at the event we both attended, I thought he won’t be coming back.

 

"Really? How is he? Did you guys talk already?" I asked simultaneously as I walk back and forth here inside my room. I didn’t even notice that I was biting my nails the whole time Bom mentioned his name.

 

"Yeah. He came to my office the other day asking for you. He's fine but I noticed he's being weird lately."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know. He became too serious and aloof. He's been pressuring people here and there specifically your department team. I don't know if they can still withstand him." I furrowed my brows when she told me that. I’ve known him for so long already but I didn’t expect him to be acting like that towards his co-workers. He’s approachable and friendly that people never failed to invite him as company.

 

"Hmm. Maybe he has a problem or something." I just answered though my mind still lingers on the subject.

 

"Yeah, he even told me he's pressured with work and you’re not here to help them. Tsk! That guy, who does he think he is barging into my office like that?" She said obviously pissed.

 

"Don't be mad at him Bom. It’s my fault. I'm in charge of the project and I’m not there to help. Ms. Han must have pressured him to fill in for me while I’m gone." I said and a sudden guilt rushed through me as I remembered the work I left. "I must go back."

 

"Are you sure? But you've got problems you need to attend to. I'm sure Donghae can handle it."

 

"I know he can handle it, he's good but I can't just leave them. I need to help them and like you said, no one will be left in my department if I don't come back soon." I said as I heard her giggled.

 

"Fine. Just take your time if you still need it. Don't worry too much about them, they're old enough to handle themselves. You trained them well." She said reassuringly and that put a smile on my face.

 

"I know. Thanks, Bom."

 

"No problem. Just be safe ok? And call me anytime you need me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter