Puzzle Pieces

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA’S POV

 

"Dara come in." I saw Ms. Han waving her hands at me and gestured to one of the chairs in front of her. "Take a sit."

 

I sat in front of the smiling Donghae and asked him what's up using eye signals but he just stared at me, his smile never leaving his face. I cut my gaze at him and shifted my eyes when I heard Ms. Han cleared before saying a word. Ok Dara, here goes.

 

"Dara, I called to inform you that at the end of the month, you will take the position as the Department’s Head." She said and smiled at me which doesn't reach her eyes. Are my ears playing tricks on me? Did I just hear her right?

 

"What did you just say?" I asked. I think I’m going deaf by the minute.

 

I straightened up on my seat and leaned forward to better hear her. "I think you heard me Dara. Aren't you happy? You just got promoted." She said monotonously before extending her hand for a shake. I furrowed my brows but still took her hand. Why do I feel like something isn’t right?

 

"But Ms. Han, that is your position. What about you?" I asked still can't believe this is happening.

 

"Oh, I’ll still have the same title but not here. I will be transferring to one of our offices in London." She confirmed and quickly averted her gaze to Donghae. "As for Donghae, he will take your current position as the Chief Editor. I think he deserves the title, he earned it don't you think?" She asked as she drifted her eyes back to me.

 

"Y-Yeah, he's good. I mean…great." I'm not sure what I’m talking about. My head is still in a daze because of this news laid upon me.

 

"I will be announcing this new set up at the end of the month. For now, you two should work on the current issue before we hit the deadline." She informed as she leaned back on her chair before continuing. "Dara, I hope I can count on you this time? The Board must have seen your great efforts that's why they chose you. Don't disappoint them." She added and for the first time, I saw sincerity in her eyes. Not the sarcasm she always gives me every time she talks to me.

 

"I’ll try my best Ms. Han." I bowed at her and she returned it with a nod.

 

"Ok, I don't have anything else to say so you two can go back to work now." She dismissed us and both of us headed out the door.

 

"Congratulations Dara! You made it!" Donghae greeted as soon as we were out of the office.

 

"You too, Congratulations." I smiled at him but I got startled when he abruptly hugged me.

 

He pulled away from the hug seconds later and held me in an arms-length. "This calls for a celebration. Let’s go out later." He said, excitement evident in his voice. It took me a while to respond because honestly, everything hasn’t sink in on me yet and my poor brain is having a hard time to process all the details in one go. I just nodded my head as we started to head back to our office.

 

"I’ll ask Bom if she could come." I mentioned and his face suddenly frowned again. What is it with him and Bom? I decided to take this chance to ask him because it’s been bothering me for quite some time now. "Hey, did something happen between you and Bom while I’m gone?" I asked. I can't contain my curiosity anymore.

 

He abruptly stopped walking and that made me halt on my steps too. "What? No. Nothing happened." He shook his head and immediately faced me. "Why? Did she say anything?" He asked, I was taken aback when his eyes suddenly became dark.

 

"No, she didn't. I just noticed that you become agitated whenever I mentioned her name." His body stiffen but regained his composure as he smiled right after.

 

"Oh, that's nothing. You know we're not really close. Maybe I still feel awkward towards her. Hehe." He said and scratched his head.

 

"Really? But we did hang out before with her not just once. You should feel comfortable by now." I said as I tapped her shoulder. "Don't worry, Bom won't eat you." I joked to lighten up the mood. He just laughed at it and both of us went to our office to start the day.

 

----------------
 

Donghae finally vacate my room and went back to his own table. When the coast was already clear, I decided to send Bom a message.

 

Dara: Hey! Are you free later after work?

 

Bom: Why? What's up?

 

Dara: I won't tell unless you said your free. 😝

 

Bom: Aisht! Fine I am, now what's up?

 

Dara: I just got promoted.

 

Bom: OMG!! That's amazing!! Congratulations sis!!!😃😘 We should celebrate!!

 

Dara: Calm down Bom. I still feel weird about this promotion thingy.

 

Bom: Why? Btw, to what position have you been promoted to?

 

Dara: Department Head. And Donghae will take my current position as Chief Editor.

 

Bom: Oh. I see what you mean. Wait, what will happen to the witch?

 

Dara: She said she'll take the same position but she will transfer to London. I still don't get why they chose me? Isn't it odd considering I’ve been gone for weeks?

 

Bom: Well, they can't blame you with that. Its beyond your control. You deserve the title and the Board noticed that ok? Don't be too hard on yourself. Anyway, can I bring Seunghyun later please? 😅

 

Dara: Fine you can. Donghae will be there too.

 

Bom: What?!? Why? 😤

 

Dara: He's the one who invited me to hang out and celebrate. So be nice to him.

 

Bom: What? You should tell that to him. I've been nothing but nice to him.

 

Dara: Aisht! Just relax Bom. See you later?

 

Bom: Fine. See yah!

 

I put my phone down on my table and went back to work. These two will never get along. Argghh.

 

--------------------------
 

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

 

Finally, a free time. This week has been hectic for the gang. Jiyong has been gone for days and put us in charge to all the transactions needed to be settled. Not that I’m complaining, it’s just that it took almost all of my time. Even the time I should spend with Bom was used up just to finish the job that needs to be done.

 

I am driving towards our main base when my phone suddenly rang. I saw Bom's picture on my screen and immediately answered. I can't keep her waiting, it’s a mortal sin.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Seunghyunie!! Are you busy?" I heard her asked with a cheery voice. It’s one thing I like about her and also one of the things that’s making me feel normal apart from having a life I’m currently in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter