Lost and Found

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA’S POV

 

 

"We have a winner!" The host announced with full enthusiasm. "Congratulations Young lady, your prize will be delivered to your address before the week ends." A round of applause was heard from the audience, but right now I really don't care what's happening. I'm just too shocked to absorb everything for just one night. First, Jiyong. And now this? Why do they have to keep it from me?

 

 

The coordinator brushed us aside to clear the stage before the program ends. I don't even know how he did that for I didn't feel him touching me. I feel numb.

 

 

"Dara, are you ok?" I heard Jaejoong called me when we were finally at the backstage. "Dara? Talk to me." I felt his hand touched my face and hugged me the moment he saw my tears fell from my eyes. I saw Donghae looking at me, frozen in his spot with creased forehead as if battling if he will come to me or just walk away.

 

 

"Dara, I’m so sorry. Please speak to me, anything. Punch me if you want, just don't be like this." I blinked my eyes and look at the worried face of Jaejoong.

 

 

"I just want to go home." I said frowning.

 

 

"Ok, let's go. I’ll send you home." He grabbed my shoulder and I attempted to look back to where Donghae was standing earlier, but he was no longer there.

 

 

Donghae, what happened to you?

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

I got up early the following day, even if my body aches and my eyes were puffy, I still have to go to work. I didn't get enough sleep because of what happened last night. Too much information to absorb, my head aches just by thinking about it.

 

 

I went to work with a heavy heart as I passed through the space usually occupied by Donghae. Unfortunately, he's not around. I kind of expected that because of what happened.

 

 

Lunch time, still no Donghae. I walked inside the cafeteria and tried to choose what food to buy. I'm really not in the mood to eat today so I settled on a piece of apple and a box of juice.

 

 

"Dara! Over here!" I know that voice.

 

 

"Hey Bom." I greeted her as I sat beside her on the table. "Wazzup?" I said, taking a bite of my apple.

 

 

"What's that?" She pointed her index finger on my choice of food.

 

 

"Apple." I simply answered while plastering a deadpan expression.

 

 

"I know it’s an apple, pabo! Why are you eating that for lunch?" She asked looking irritated.

 

 

"Not in a mood." I shrugged and looked at her annoyed face.

 

 

"Why? What happened?" She asked taking a bite of her corn. I know. We’re a fruit eating mammals.

 

 

"A lot." I sighed "I hope you were there last night." I put my apple down and hugged her. I miss my mommy Bom.

 

 

"Awww, my baby Dara missed me?" She hugged me back as I nodded in response. "Tell me what happened."

 

 

I told her everything, not missing any single detail. I almost cried again but I remember we're in a public place.

 

 

"Those jerks. I'm really going to knock them down next time I see them." Bom threatened while rubbing my back.

 

 

"Just let it go. Come to think of it, it’s their choice if they don't want to disclose anything about them." I told her letting go from the hug. "It’s just too sad knowing they can't trust you with their personal life, you know."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter