Captured

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA’S POV

 

The memories keep flashing to me like a movie. The time when Jiyong and his friends keep changing the topic every time I asked them what they do for a living. The reason why they own lots of establishments around the city, was it all just for cover ups? And the time I was almost kidnapped, was it just a coincidence? I'm not rich but why are they after me? All of these thoughts consumed me until I heard someone snapping her fingers in front of me.

 

"Dara! Are you ok? You're spacing out again. Aisht!" Bom said shaking me a little.

 

"Oh, sorry Bom, I just remembered something." I told her as I unlocked the door of the car. We both slid inside, ready to drive off the office parking space. Bom fished out her phone from her bag and dialed Seunghyun's number.

 

"Hey babe, where are you? We’re on our way already." She said and stop for a while to listen to what Seunghyun has to say. "Ok, just tell me when you arrived already. I love you...bye!"

 

I glanced at her and saw her grin, obviously satisfied with their conversation. I know I’m not in the position to tell her the truth, but the guilt feeling is running through me and sooner or later, I know it will eat me alive.

 

"So, what happened to you?" I was pulled back from my thoughts when I heard Bom asked me. I narrated everything to her, except of course the fact about Jiyong being involved with some gangs. She was shocked but started to act giddy when I came to the part when Jiyong went with me to Busan. If only she knew the whole story, she'll have a different reaction. I’m so sure of that.

 

"We're here." I said pulling over in front of the bar Donghae instructed us to follow. We both got out of the car and started our pace towards the front door. "Hey, don't tell anyone what I told you ok? Even to Seunghyun. Well, he knows some parts of it but, you know what I mean." I said clinging to her left arm as we went inside.

 

"I know. Don't worry about it." She said as she smiled at me.

 

Stepping inside the bar, the crowd was still manageable for its too early for the people to come over. That made it easier for us to spot where Donghae settled. We walked over to him as we saw him smiled upon noticing our arrival.

 

"Hey guys. Have a sit." He said as he stood up and ushered us on our chairs. That’s when I began to feel the tension between Bom and him. "So, what do you want to drink?"

 

"We'll just have cocktails, we still have work tomorrow. Right Dara?" Bom asked me as she gave me a knowing look.

 

"Ahh. Yeah, just cocktails." I said. I saw Donghae smirked and raised his hand to call the waiter. He then ordered our drinks and other finger foods to partner it with.

 

"So, it’s been a long time huh?" Donghae started which earned a rolling eye from Bom.

 

"Yeah. Again, I want to apologize for my absence. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help our team." I said and looked at him apologetically.

 

"Dara, why are you apologizing? It wasn't your fault to begin with." Bom commented as she crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at me.

 

"Yeah, she's right. It wasn't your fault Dara so stop thinking about it." Donghae said and patted my shoulder.

 

I saw Bom raised an eyebrow and shifted on her seat to face Donghae. "Really? Then why were you...." Bom wasn’t able to finish what she has to say when she got interrupted by the loud ringing of her phone. "Tsk! Wait Dara. I have to take this."

 

I nodded at her as she stood up and headed towards outside. I just sighed, silently thanking the person who called Bom for interrupting the argument that is threatening to happen.

 

"Sorry about that Donghae. She's just being protective." I smiled at him and he just nodded in understanding before sipping on his drink. "So, how are you?"

 

"Well, work was stressful and I had sleepless nights because of... you know." He lowered his head, suddenly became shy. "I didn't expect that you will still talk to me after what happened at the ball."

 

I remembered that night when he revealed who he really was. Technically, he didn't lie to me. He just chose not to say anything.

 

"I'm sorry Dara. I didn't mean to hide things from you. I just find it difficult to open up on things like that. People might think differently." He said while scratching his head.

 

"Why did you choose to work at the magazine company? I mean, you could have just manage your own right?"

 

"Well, I want to explore what I like to do first before my father finally ask me to do that." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice. Poor Donghae. If you think about it, he's just like Bom. Always being pressured to handle their company and they don't have a choice but to follow their parent's orders.

 

"That's ok Donghae. At least you get to do what you want for now." I said as I put my right hand on top of his. I really don't know what advice I can give him for I don’t have that kind of experience. Our conversation was cut short when we noticed someone standing beside our table.

 

"Ehem… Dara, Seunghyun is already here." Bom said as she looked at both of us, eyeing our hands. I immediately retrieved my hand and stood to give Seunghyun a hug.

 

"Hey, nice to see you again." I greeted after we broke from the hug. I can somehow feel the awkwardness building between us. I don’t know if he already knows what happened and why I’m already back but it’s better not to jump to that issue right now.

 

"Nice… to see you too… Dara." His voice was a bit unsure if what he said was indeed true but I can tell from his stares that he’s confused as to why I’m standing in front of him where I’m not supposed to. He looked at me intently and searches my eyes for any hints but I remained still and act perfectly normal as if nothing happened. When he thought I won’t give anything away, he t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter