Mission Impossible

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

The next morning, I got out of bed even before my alarm rings. I have to be early today hoping I could talk to Yuri before office hours starts. She always arrives at the office thirty minutes before time to prepare for work. That's one thing I like about her. So punctual. I hurriedly went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and prepare myself for work.

 

I arrived at the office at least twenty minutes before my usual time and as expected, Yuri was there gathering her stuff and putting it all inside a medium sized box. Its pretty obvious that she already got the bad news.

 

I walked to her and greeted her," Morning Yuri." I smiled at her which didn't reach my eyes. I can't even add the word "Good" when i greeted her, it feels inappropriate.

 

"Good Morning Ms. Park", she half smiled and went back to what she's doing.

 

I furrowed my brows upon hearing her call me by my surname. "Hey, what's with the formality? I told you you can call me by my name right?" i said.

 

"Oh yeah, sorry Dara." she giggled. "So, can I get you anything? Coffee?" awww, my heart is breaking into pieces right now.

 

"Oh no, thank you. Uhmm, do you have a minute?" I asked her. She answered with a nod, and set aside what she was doing.

 

We went inside my office and as we got near my desk, I pointed at the chair in front of it gesturing her to sit down. What should I tell her? I'm not good with this kind of conversation. A little while later, I finally decided to break the silence. "About what happened Yuri..." i started, as she bowed her head and played with her fingers. I know how hard it is because I know how important this is for her, this is her dream job. "Truth is, I'm not really sure what happened but as much as I wanted to change their decision, I don't have the power to do something about it." I told her, feeling saddened by the turn of events.

 

"Its ok Dara, you really don't have to explain." She looked at me somberly before she continued. "I thought about it last night and I think its a great opportunity for me to try something new. I mean advertising department is a different world for me, it will be a big adjustment but I'll be fine." she said, now smiling naturally.

 

"Im really sorry Yuri, but your right. New challenges will make you tough and discover things you didn't know you have in you. But don't forget that I'l always be here if you need anything. Ok?" I assured her. I saw her eyes became teary as she stood up and walked around my desk to hug me. I hugged her back as I felt my eyes sting.

 

"Thank you Dara." she whispered softly. I'm gonna miss her.

 

------------

 

Noon came and immediately went to the cafeteria to have my lunch. As I entered, I already saw Bom waiving her hand at me to come and sit with her. After I paid for my food, I immediately went straight to her table. "Where have you been yesterday? You didn't attend the meeting." i asked.

 

"I was sick yesterday, i didn't come to work." she told me. Wait, why didn't she tell me?

 

"And you didn't tell me because...?" I asked her feeling a bit down about her not telling. I mean, we always tell each other everything even simple things such as this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter