42nd Shot - Suga

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You took your passport from your father and walked away from the counter with your parents. A few of your classmates, Yoongi's parents, and the boys had come along to send you and your parents off. "We'll talk over kakao," your friends said. With hugs and tears, you promised them that you would never forget them. You thanked Yoongi's parents for all the love that they had given you, and couldn't stop your tears from flowing again when you thought of how little you had done to repay their kindness. "Just be safe. And do well in your studies. You can always treat us when you get a good job," eomeonim said. You laughed at her joke, but promised to do so. 

You looked at the boys awkwardly, not knowing what to say to them. They felt the same, but nevertheless gave their encouragement. You returned the gesture and wished them success with their training. Your eyes trailed to the one boy in the middle who didn't react with a smile. His face revealed the dejection that he was trying so hard to hide. "Have a safe trip," he said softly. You nodded.

He had waited for you after school and brought you to the Han river. The two of you stared out at the ferry that was bringing tourists to the Banpo Bridge. "I'm sorry," he started the conversation. Your eyes fell a little, feeling sad that your friendship had been flooded with regret from both ends. "I was selfish," he continued, "I was only thinking about me without caring about you." 

"We have to be selfish, Yoongi," you replied with resolve, "We'll lag behind if we wait for others while the worlds runs ahead of us."

There was silence. "Then can you promise me that you'll never forget me?" he asked.

You turned your head to him. He was already looking at you with reluctance on his face. You felt a sting in your eyes and nose. "How can I ever, Min Yoongi?" you said. You dropped your head as tears welled up. You felt his hand on your hair trying to calm you down. But his were only hard, as if it weighed as heavy as his heart did.

He took two steps towards you and put his arms around you. You held on tightly to him as he did to you. Everyone leaned on each other as they watched the two of you. You heard a sniffle that wasn't your own, then: "If you ever feel bad, just give oppa a call."

A breath of laughter burst out of your mouth. "What 'oppa'?" you retorted uglily, "I don't have such an oppa." He broke the hug and looked at you with a smile, wiping the tears from your cheeks. "You'll always have this oppa here."

"My dear," your mom broke up the conversation. "We need to go." Your eyes tore away from his and you nodded to your parents. The company walked you to the departure gate. You looked at your 'other family' as the officer checked your passport. The thought registered inside you that you were finally leaving behind the family that you had grown up with. "You can go in," the officer tore your attention from them. You took the passport and queued to pass through the customs check. Before turning the corner, you took one last look at the company that was still outside the gate. The girls shouted their goodbyes to you, while the boys put their hands on Yoongi's shoulders and waved goodbye to you. His shoulders were already too heavy to raise a hand. You gave a last smile to them and moved forward in the queue. Somehow, the heaviness in your heart would eventually pass.

 

 

You took your cup of hot tea and placed it on your desk. After looking around to see if your supervisor and colleagues had returned from lunch, you put your earphones on and lowered your head to the computer screen. You saw on Twitter that a new video had been po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter