30th Shot - Baekhyun

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You heard some shuffling. Your heart rate starts increasing as you realize the possibility of the situation. After seconds, your eyes shot open to look at the thief trying to steal your things. The man, dressed in denim, looked down at you with a blank face, his hands on your books. “I was just shifting your books forward so that I can study,” he whispered. You apologized with heated cheeks.

 

You always had the table to yourself. Hidden in the corner of the library, the table was rarely used by anyone else because there were other tables in sight. The shuffling you heard in your rest set you off that someone was here to steal your laptop. You didn’t know whether to be relieved that he wasn’t here to steal your things or to be disappointed that he was here.

 

“You shouldn’t leave your things out in the open when you nap though.” You snapped out of your thoughts and saw his eyes looking up at you. You didn’t know that you were lost in your thoughts when you glanced at the studying man sitting opposite you. He looked back at his book, “At least I wasn’t here to take your stuff.”

 

You slowly got used to his presence. Not in a day, but in many days… and weeks. He would occasionally sneak in snacks for you. “They can’t see,” he would coax. You started to miss the brown-haired senior on days that he didn’t show up at the library. Now you smiled more at him. And you knew his name: Byun Baekhyun sunbaenim.

 

You headed back from the toilet and looked at your space. You frowned and your heartbeat rose as you saw the shifted positions of your possessions. You ran back and counted the books on your table. Ruling out your laptop on your table, you counted the electronic devices in your bag. Your cellphone and mp3 were in your bag. You opened up your wallet and checked your cards. You realized there was a bright pink card in one of the slots. You took it out and read it:

“Scared you didn't I?

If you want to know what I took, find me at the carnival entrance tonight at 7pm. 

I’ll return it after our date.

Dress prettily, Pretty.

                                                                                                  -BBH”

 

You knew those initials. Your heart was pounding as you tried to remember what card had been in that slot. If the card weren’t important, then you could drop this date with him to focus on the upcoming exams. But you couldn’t because you didn't know what he took. You headed home quickly to get ready for tonight. You put on a dress to fight the heat and purposely chose sneakers because you were too mad at him to “dress prettily”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter