12th Shot - Chanyeol

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was noise coming from your neighbors’ house as you tried to concentrate on your assignments. You frowned at the idea of Chanyeol being home to see his parents like that. Ever since his debut, there was a little dispute about Chanyeol’s life. From what you could hear, his father had wanted to connect back with his mother. After a while more of disturbance from them, you decided to turn on some music and head out to the balcony. Before Chanyeol debuted, you would get out to the balcony at the wee hours to see if Chanyeol had returned from Seoul. Even if he didn’t come out to his balcony, a glimpse made you happy.

 

What you didn’t know was that the word had spread from his high school friends was that schoolmate _______ had a crush on kingka Chanyeol. What you did know was that you would be there for him whenever he called out for you. Yet he also knew that he was simply using you as his ‘alternate friend’, finding something entertaining to do with you when his friends weren’t available. It’s not like he cared if it affected you much; it’s not like he cared period. A divorcee kid can only care that much.

 

Now that he’s a star, there was no way that the member would be returning to his hometown soon. Look at T-ara: they didn’t meet their parents so often and they’ve been in the industry longer than he has. ‘But of course, EXO’s more popular,’ you thought. Surprisingly, the balcony wasn’t empty. You could see a tall figure sitting on the wooden, beige-cushioned loveseat with his face in his hands.

 

“C-Chanyeo-ssi?” you called out to him. The head came out slightly form his hands. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be somewhere else?”

 

“I ran away from the dorm. I’m returning tomorrow,” he said with a sigh. You felt so sorry for him. Just when he returned home for a while, he had to return to the bickering. “I called them to say that I was coming home and they can’t even stay peaceful for one night,” he let out a chuckle of disappointment.

 

You just stood there looking at him. What should you do? You had no idea how to comfort him. “_______-ah,” he called. Your ears perked up. “Can you come over the balcony?” You froze. The apartments were 10 stories up. But you’d do it for him. You walked back into your room. Chanyeol looked at the ground and chuckled to himself, ‘Not even she would stay with me.’

 

You came back out with your robe cardigan on, its string securing itself to you. With your slippers on, you slowly climbed onto the ledge of the connecting balcony. Shocked at your actions, he could only get up and stare at you. Carefully, you went over the connecting ledge and jumped onto his balcony. You casually walked up to him and smiled; ready to be at his service. Then you two heard and turned to the commotion in the living room and got reminded why you had jumped over the ledge.

 

Turning your head back, you saw the sadness return to his face. Impulsively, you tiptoed and threw your hands around his neck, his head. There was no need for him to be affected by them. But you were surprised when he hugged your waist and buried his face into your shoulder. You lowered your stance, still s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter