35th Shot - Zico

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know where Club Harlem is?”

“The one at Hongdae?”

“Meet me there at 7pm. Just go up the guy at the door and tell him that you’re with Scribble.”

“Scribble?”

“You’ll find out. And wear some jeans and a red blouse.”

 

You did as he told. You wore jeans and a red blouse. Knowing that it was a hip-hop club, you dressed down to match the scene. You tied a loose red blouse over your white tank and tied up your curly hair to show your ear But as most girls on dates were, you were late. There was a queue at the door so you walked cautiously to the front. People were whispering about you -calling you “inconsiderate” was their being courteous. “Get back in line,” the man at the door said to you.

“I-I’m with… Scribble?” you said uncertainly. The man eyed you from head to toe. There were whispers from the queue behind you. “Jinho-ah!” He called out. A man came out from the building in response. “She says with Scribble,” he told the Jinho. You felt conscious as Jinho looked at your clothes. “Come with me,” he said and walked into the building. You looked at the man, and he cocked his head to signal your pass. You walked and saw Jinho waiting for you at the staircase. You followed him up the steps and heard the music get louder.

You walked into the dark room of flashing lights. The music was loud and the floor was crowded. You stayed close to Jinho as he led you up another flight of stairs. He brought you to the balcony and said, “Just stay up here and watch.” He left you alone at the balcony. Judging by the contrast of the crowds, you knew this was a private area.

“Who you with?” You turned and saw a man with two drinks. You thanked him for it but you didn’t sip. “I’m with Scribble?” you answered his question.

“Really?” he chuckled, “You don’t seem so sure yourself.”

“I don’t really know,” you replied, “I only know his real name.”

“Then I bet you don’t know what he does here,” he smirked. “Look over there,” he jerked his head towards the stage.

You looked down and saw a few rappers taking turns on the stage. There he was –Scribble. They knew him as Scribble, but you knew him as Woo Jiho. The crowd was going wild for his lines. He had a fierceness accompanied by his words, a charisma accompanied by his style. Bopping your head to the beat, you tried to keep up with his lines. You saw how he worked with the other rappers in turns. There was brotherhood in the competition. He gave the last words as the beat ended. The people cheered for him and he gave them a peace sign with his smirk. He looked up towards the balcony, and he locked eyes with you. You felt yourself blushing as he stared and smiled at you.

 

He came up to the balcony and walked to you with a big smile. His friend stretched out his fist for a pump and patted his shoulder for the good job. “So what do you think?” Jiho asked you.

“You were… not bad,” you answered.

“Not bad? Did you not hear the cheers?” his hand pointed towards the floor, “They loved me!”

You laughed at his attempt to impress, “They sure did.” He smiled at your smile. “Come on,” he said and grabbed your hand, “Let’s go.” He took your drink and placed it on the table as he pulled you out. “Being careful, are we?” he smirked. “You can never be too careful!” you shouted through the music.

He led you out of the club and said bye to the guards. You could see the people whispering and pointing at you. You grew conscious of your hand in his.

 

He ignored them and pulled you along. You caught up to him and held on to his arm. You tried to wring your hand from his, but he kept holding on. “This is supposed to be a date, remember?” he looked at you. You stopped fighting him. His hand shifted a little to have a better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter