3rd Shot - Yunho

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were sick and tired of this. He acts like you were such a loving couple at banquets, and then throws you aside the moment you hit home.

 

Was he cheating on you? You wouldn’t know. He barely talks to you. It’s been 2 years already, and you’re still awkward. Yet, you manage to tolerate each other. “Eaten already?” “Your mum called.” “How’s work?” It’s a wonder for you to get through a meal together with conversation lasting at least 10 minutes.

 

Sitting at home, waiting for him to return after you cook dinners; going to malls to shop with the card he gave you; going to his parents’ house only to have to pacify his grandmother about your lack of pregnancy news. His mother started to suspect that you were infertile. He accompanied you last night to his parents’. Expectedly, the pregnancy question was brought up. Yunho looked at you awkwardly. You just had your usual gloomy face on. You hated that they asked that question every time you were there. You felt like an infertile sow. Well, ‘sow’ wouldn’t be an appropriate word either, since you’ve hadn’t had a child yet.

 

Why did he choose you? “She must have been a pity case. I mean, look at her history! She doesn’t even have one. I bet he married her to make a greater name for himself. Met in New York? Yeah right. I bet he found her at some random slum in Seoul and paid her to marry him.” That was a stupid decision of yours to visit his office. What did they know? The truth. He had paid you to marry him. Apparently he had wandered around New York after hearing his parents’ plan of an arranged marriage to his best friend’s lover, and saw you working in the Korean BBQ place. Having a dinner on him, you found out that you two had the same taste in music and lifestyle. That night, he came up with a proposal to bring you to Seoul for a fake marriage, with a reward in store for you two. With that proposal, you didn’t mind. You were eager to return to Seoul to look for your missing family.

 

You thought that you were getting somewhere in the marriage, since he came behind you when you were washing the dishes and rested his chin on your shoulder. You thought that it was a sign of affection but brushed it off when you heard his mother giggling by the kitchen door. Nevertheless, the show must go on; your shoulder was there for him to lean all he wanted, for the price of 2 million won after 2 years – no children, no ual contact; no love. But that thought came back to you when he continued to lean on your shoulder even when the house had just the 2 of you. Yet, that ‘affection’ faded away after the banquet incident.

 

At banquets, he would be mingling with other business partners and occasionally called you out for a dance. But at that particular banquet when he called you out for a dance, he just looked at you with the most loving eyes you had seen as you danced together. You felt so insecure when you saw that gaze. You didn’t dare to look at him but realized that people were watching, so you played along and simply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter