41st Shot - Suga

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You shuffled your feet towards the basketball court. You held on to your bag strap in order to calm your nerves. You saw the group of boys sitting at the bleachers on the other end, laughing with each other. Hoseok started throwing a moderate, smooth beat with his mouth they all grooved to his voice. You could  hear Namjoon’s voice very softly as he started to spill words from his mouth.

You looked at them nervously, not knowing whether you should interrupt them. Biting on your lip, you slowly walked towards them. Their voices got louder as you got closer.

 

This was how it had been lately. Yoongi had found a group of boys at the beginning of Senior Year and started hanging out with them because of their common interest –Hip Hop. That, and the fact that they love playing. Basketball, music –anything.

 

You saw Yoongi’s mouth open and you stopped in your steps. You really didn’t want to interrupt him now. But there was no point. “Oh!” Jungkook had seen you when you stopped abruptly in the middle of the court. “Hyung,” he tapped Yoongi’s arm, “Noona’s here.”

You bit your lip. You should have just left instead of checking up on him. You saw his facial expression change into a state of realization and annoyance before he stood up. Your hands gripped your strap tighter. The boys watched him jog towards you. This was a really bad idea.

“Hey,” he said, “I’m sorry I totally forgot about our plans.”
“It’s ok,” you interjected, “I read some books at the library in the meantime.”

He frowned at your words. You knew he was feeling apologetic for leaving you alone. “I’m really sorry. We were talking and then Namjoon had an idea and- We just lost track of time. Let me get my bag and we’ll leave.”

He ran back to his friends and grabbed his back. The boys only had a cold smile as they said goodbye to him. He ran back to you and you looked behind him. The boys were waving at you with a slight smile on their face.  You lifted your hand and waved slightly. He looked behind him and smiled before slinging his arm around your shoulder. “Let’s go,” he said.

 

“What would you do if you ruled the world?”

You looked up at him. He was walking on a low rock wall as you two walked towards the neighbourhood. “We were talking about making it big before Namjoon started getting a flow that started the song that we were working on just now,” he explained.

“So,” he continued, jumping off the wall and walking beside you, “What would you do if you ruled the world?”

You looked at the ground as you tried to process his words. What would you do if you made it big? How would you tell him that you already had?

“Hey,” he held your arm gently. You jolted at his touch. “Is everything ok?”

“Yeah,” you quickly answered, trying to pull a smile onto your face. “Everything’s fine.”

He knew by the look on your face that you weren’t. But he couldn’t ask you. He usually would, but something told him that lately he couldn’t.

 

Soon enough, you reached the gate of his house. You pushed the buzzer while he stood silently behind you staring at your hair. There was something odd about the air between you two. You tried to ignore that feeling while he tried to figure out what the problem was.

“Eomeonim, we’re back,” you said into the machine. The speaker buzzed and the door opened.

The two of you walked into the house and you greeted his parents. He silently put down his bag near the couch and continued to watch your behaviour. Contrary to the conversation just now, you appeared to be cheerful in his house.

 

He was quiet at dinner too. He continued to observe you as you talked to his parents. You knew that he was watching you, and you really wished that he would stop. You were a little uncomfortable looking at him.

“Aren’t you goin to find a job, Yoongi-ah?” He turned his head to his mother. The three of them were looking at you. He turned to look at you but you only looked down at your plate. “I probably will,” he replied. “Maybe we’ll work at the BBQ place again.”

This time, you looked up at him. “I-I-I er,” you stuttered. He looked up at you, chewing his food. You looked at Mrs. Min but she didn’t know how to help you. “I’m going back to Daegu to visit my family,” you told him.

His mouth stopped moving. He frowned as he swallowed his unchewed food, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I-I It was last minute,” you lied, “My parents wanted me to follow them back as soon as I graduate.”

“Wait,” he tried to grasp the situation, “So you’re going back for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter