28th Shot - Seungho

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stood alone on her balcony looking out at the skyline. Seoul was shining brightly with the office people working overtime and the cars filling the highway. She jumped when she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. But she knew who it was, even if he had done this plenty of times. "You know," she started. "Maybe I should stop getting the lock changed at this rate. Or at least make some noise when you come in."

He chuckled next to her ear, his hands sliding down her arms and bringing their arms together to cradle her. He kissed her neck, which she routinely stretched to receive his kisses. "I missed you," she sighed, "You've been away too long." She turned her head to look at him, and he leaned in to kiss her lips. "I love you." She opened her eyes. "I love you," he repeated as he looked into her eyes. In their two years of knowing each other and growing intimate, this was the first time that he had ever said that to her. 

"I missed you so much when I was away that I knew... I love you," he confessed. He turned her body to face him before taking her hands into his one. His other hand reached into the pocket and took out a small velvet box. 

"I know you doubt my romantic life and you think that I'm a player, but I'm being utterly honest with you: I have no one but you. You are my longest relationship and I want you to remain my longest. I've never done this, Yuna, and I'm so nervous right now," he chuckled. She looked at him with shaking eyes and trembling lips. She was as nervous as he was.  He took a deep breath. "Marry me, Yuna. Please be my joy and pride."

She couldn't control her trembling lips anymore and she broke into a cry. "Yes," she said in laughter as tears flowed down her face. He broke out in a laughter too as tears started to fall from his own eyes. He took out the ornate diamond ring and slipped it onto her finger. She watched him kiss the ring and pull her arms around his neck. She gladly hugged him as he embraced her tightly on her apartment balcony. "I love you," he said again when they broke their hug. "I love you too," she replied. His hand held the back of her head before he pulled her to his lips. Kissing her dearly, his hand moved from her hair to her jaw as his thumb caressed her cheek.

 

 

That was a year ago. She should have known -the way he stealthily snuck into her apartment, the way his reflexes worked at an incredible speed, the amount if charisma that he had, the presents he always returned with- he was not an ordinary traveling salesman. Now she's left with a revealed identity and no husband by her side.

 

 

She first met him on a train platform, when she was going to work. She was standing near the edge, waiting for the train to arrive when people suddenly broke out into a sprint. People were running everywhere, mainly towards the exits. Before she could figure out what was going on, she got shoved and she started falling off the platform. She shrilled in fright, but she was caught by a hand. "Don't let go!" The owner of the hand said. She looked up and saw a man holding on to her. "Give me your other arm," he instructed. Suddenly, they turned  their heads toward the horn; the train was approaching her. "Quickly!" He shouted. With impulse, she reached her other hand toward him and grabbed on to his arm. With one pull, he lifted her off the edge of the platform and onto the concrete. He hugged her tightly as the train sped past them, slowly coming to a stop. Station workers rushed towards them to check up on them as passengers alighted from the train. 

They waited in the station master's office as police discussed with the station workers. A man had been murdered on the platform while a lady was almost killed on the train tracks. "If you have nothing left here that concerns you, Ms. Cho and Mr. Yang, you are free to leave," the officer said. The man got up after the lady and received a pat on the shoulder for his good job.

"Mr. Yang," she called out to him after they exited the station, "Thank you for saving me. Please, let me buy you a drink if you are free right now." He smiled and answered, "Sure." Over coffee, she found out that he was a traveling salesman who introduced products to foreign companies. Luckily for her, it was his off day and he was going for a jog at a far off park. "I hope I will get to see you around," Seungho said before they parted ways.

 

Surely enough, they did. She ran into him on another day and he asked her out for a dinner. They enjoyed each other's company and they exchanged numbers. Meeting passed after meeting, and Seungho told Yuna how he was glad to meet a friend like her -a friend that he looked forward to meeting after overseas trips. She blushed at his compliment, but not as furiously as at the kiss he gave after that statement. He laid a kiss on her cheek before boldly looking into her eyes. "I- I hope this doesn't change things," he said. "No, it won't," she boldly replied. He smiled in relief and watched her walk into her apartment building.

 

 

They pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter