40th Shot - Jhope

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started with a scare.

The morning light shone gently into your bedroom. It was a Friday but you couldn’t get yourself to welcome the arriving weeken. Suddenly, you felt a gentle nudge on your waist. You whined and buried your face deeper into your pillow.

“Babe,” your boyfriend called out to you softly.

“Five more minutes,” you mumbled, but he wouldn’t have any of it.

“Babe,” his soft voice had gotten louder and you knew that he had gotten closer to you. You grinned and turned towards his voice. You opened your eyes slightly, expecting to see his handsome face. Who would have guessed that you would see Chucky’s face 5cm away from yours.

Your eyes widened as you were shaken into reality. You let out a loud shriek as your reflexes pushed you backwards, causing you to fall off the bed. “Chucky” laughed with the voice you recgonized as your boyfriend’s. Your heart was still beating very quickly as the reality sunk in that your boyfriend had played a prank on you. “OPPA,” you screamed at him.

“You should have seen your face,” he said through his whizzing laughter. You stared at him with the greatest confusion you’ve ever had. Why in the world was he trying to scare you? “Happy April Fools’, babe,” he said to you as his whizzing came to a stop.

Your face dropped with unamusement as you learned the reason for his prank. You left him still chuckling on the bed as you walked into the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, you huffed and grunted in annoyance. His laughter got louder hearing your grunt from outside. He was as childish as a boy.

 

But you were as childish as he was. He deserved to have his own April Fools’ present and you were going to serve it to him. You walked out of the toilet with a towel on your wet hair. You glared at him as your ran the towel through your hair. He still had a grin on his face as he walked towards you.

“Don’t be mad. It was just a prank,” he said to you with all the love that you obviously couldn’t care for at the moment. He touched your waist gently as if to hold you before heading to the bathroom for his shower.

You sat in front of your vanity mirror with a grin on your face as your heard the sound of water falling from the shower head to the ground. You started on your skincare routine, waiting for the moment of doom to sound.

“Ah, .” There it was. Your grin grew wider but you had to control yourself. “Everything ok, babe?” you shouted to the bathroom, trying to sound concerned. You heard him turn the showerhead off. You tried your best to control yourself but you couldn’t help it.

The bathroom door opened and he walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. You could tell that he wasn’t done with his shower yet because streaks of red water was running down his face.

“What’s the matter?” you asked, not even bothering to wipe the smile off your face. He looked at you with a mixed look of annoyance and amusement. “Happy April Fools’,” you told him.

While you were in the bathroom, you remembered the box of red hair dye that you had bought for your touch-ups. Leaving the showerhead on, you started mixing the dye solution together before pouring some of it into his shampoo bottle. There was no way he would miss having a shower in the morning.

“Now we have matching hair colour,” you said, revealing your old streaks of fading red under your wet towel.

“Nice try,” he said to you.

“It is,” you replied, “And your colleagues are going to love it as much as I do.”

 

You didn’t feel sorry for him. The colour barely showed on his hair because he had discovered the prank quickly enough. Nevertheless, his hair had an odd mix of brown and red, which his boss wouldn’t approve since he was a teacher in a prestigious school.

 

And the day had just begun.

You walked out of the bedroom and into the hall where breakfast was waiting for you. Being the awesome boyfriend that he was, he would prepare breakfast on the weekdays while you prepared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter