39th Shot - Xiumin

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A short, sharp hiss filled the hall as the steam tip pushed air into the fresh, cold milk. He lowered the steam arm further into the jug of milk and swirled the milk. The girl watched him with amusement as he focused intensely on his work. He knocked the jug on the table and swirled the jug. He poured the shots of espresso into the paper cup and tilted the cup. He brought the mouth of the pitcher to the cup and slowly poured the steam milk. He watched the color of the coffee carefully as the milk flowed into the cup. “Ohhhhh, our oppa is looking so cool with his sharp gaze….” she said quietly.

Still focused on the coffee, he hissed at her, “Keep quiet.” She grinned at his response as she watched his ears turn red. He sped up his pouring as a solid dot took shape and ended with a slight push. She looked at the shape and frowned, “That looks like a .”

He looked up at her with a scowl, “Yah, you’re not going to be quiet?” He looked back down at the cup, trying to stop his smile from appearing as her grin grew on her face. She looked back at the cup as he held the tool in his hands.

He started pushing the foam outwards in all four corners before pushing it in on three sides. Her jaw that was hanging soon closed and made a smile as she realized that he was making a butterfly. “Whoa… of course,” she said smugly, “Our oppa has fine taste. Which barista will know his customer’s taste so well?!”

He hissed at her again, trying to hide his smile, “You better stop it or else you won’t be allowed to come to my workplace anymore?”

“What sort of barista is chasing out a customer?” she feigned hurt as she placed her hand on her heart, “I am disgusted by the serv-“ He ran around the counter and placed his hand on . Her eyes turned into slits, satisfied at how flabbergasted she made him. “Arasso. Stop it,” he muttered and removed his hand. He went back around the counter and placed a transparent lid on the paper cup so that she could see the artwork. “Here you go,” he said, walking around the counter with the latte, “Now don’t be late for work.”

He walked her to the door with his hand on her back to guide her. “You’re coming home for dinner right?” she asked. He nodded with a hum, “Yup, I’ll see you tonight.”

“Arasso. Annyeong, oppa,” she said and reached up to him. Like a habitual response, he bent down and received her kiss on his cheek. “THIS BARISTA IS SO COOL!” she yelled before running out of the café.

 

He was lost for words at her actions and could only watch her leave. He looked around the café and saw a few customers glancing at him. He quickly bowed and wiped his hands on his apron as he walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter