10th Shot - U-Kwon

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeoboseyo?” went that voice you missed. You stayed silent. He waited to hear a reply, knowing that it was you who called. You didn’t know that he had your number from the previous time.

 

---

“Wilde?” You lifted your eyes off your book and looked up at the branches above you. “That’s Oscar Wilde right?” The boy in the tree asked, pointing at your book. He had a lollipop in his mouth. ‘He probably saw the name on the page corner…. Why is there a boy in the tree?’

 

“Are you the scholarship kid that they got to boost the school grades?” he asked. You looked at him and wondered if you should answer. You simply nodded your head and turned back to your book, hoping that he would ignore you. “Hmm… Then why aren’t you in class?”

 

‘Seriously?’ You wanted to finish up your book. “The teacher let me off for the class period. I don’t interact much and the students were poking fun at me, so he let me study on my own. I’m trying to finish up my book,” you wrote on your board. Hopefully he got the hint that you like to be alone.

 

“Wow. A bookworm.” You ignored his comment and fixed your eyes on the problem in front of you. Thud.

 

“Wanna have some egg tarts?” He had landed on the ground right next to your bench. You started scribbling on your board again. “You don’t talk much, do ya?” “They don’t have egg tarts here,” you had written, wanting him to leave you alone.

 

“Then we’ll go get egg tarts.” You rolled your eyes and shut your book. As you got up to leave, he grabbed your wrist. You looked at your wrist and up at him, obviously pissed. “Kaja,” he said before pulling you towards the parking lot, tossing the lollipop into the trash. He put on his helmet before handing you one. You stared at it as you tightened your arms around your textbook. As you started to back away with a shaking of your head, he snatched your textbook and shoved it in his top box, locking the box with his remote.

 

Your jaw dropped in anger as you registered what had happened to your books, but it closed again as he put the helmet on your head for you. “If you don’t get on the bike, you’re never getting your book back. That book cost a lot of money~”

 

You were surprised that he knew that; you didn’t expect much from a delinquent. Hesitantly, you got on the bike. As he started his bike, you held on to the sides. At the traffic light, he looked back to see if you had fallen off. Looking at your hands, he chuckled, “You’re not from around here, huh? Hold on to me.” You shifted your hands onto his shoulders, but he lifted them and enclosed his waist with them. As he sped off, you held on tightly to him, not making a single sound.

 

You arrived at Paris Baguette which much annoyance. The guy had dragged you out of class on his high-tech bike and the best he could do was Paris Baguette? He paid for the egg tarts and brought them to your table. You still couldn’t figure out what was wrong with this guy.

 

After the egg tarts were finished, you both left for school. When you reached and took of the helmet, he removed the books from the top box and returned them to you. “Thanks for hanging with me,” he said with a smile. “Sorry if I bothered your time with the happy prince.” One eyebrow rose, as you were shocked he knew Wilde’s works.

 

But he continued bothering you, even when you tried to focus on Limits. Your grades did drop a little after he had pulled you off the school grounds so many times. He brought you to great places, but you didn’t like that. You were on scholarship; you should be studying instead of going to Lotte World and wearing that hairband he forced on you.

 

You always had mental

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter