5th Shot - Sungmin

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You shuffled around in your uncomfortable sleep. When you opened your eyes, you noticed that you were carrying a man’s backpack.  Someone wearing a cap was piggybacking you. But you didn’t panic, since you knew who was carrying you. You hugged his waist with your legs to prevent yourself from sliding off. He probably thought that you were extremely intoxicated, since you fell asleep at the restaurant’s bar after a few rounds.

 

---

 

You were waiting at the usual restaurant that you two frequented. Half an hour had passed since the arranged time. Truth be told, it was getting embarrassing since it was a posh restaurant. You took out your smartphone and googled the schedules of Super Junior. Seems like he had a filming scheduled. You thought that you were numb to this but it still hurt after the many turndowns. You raised your hand to call for the waiter and ordered your usual.

 

---

 

He fumbled on his sunglasses every five minutes. “Would you stop?! We’re in the mountains for crying out loud,” you said after much annoyance. You were on a getaway with the neighbouring family, the Lees. “You never know. This IS a vacation spot. What if they find out that I’m out with you?” You froze at his words. “Is there something wrong with being with me?” He knew his mistake, and tried correcting himself, “I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just that I can’t be found having a girlfriend yet. I’m sorry; I said the wrong things. Please forgive me, hmm?” You looked out at the faraway road and nodded subtly. He smiled and cuddled you with an arm around your shoulders. “You know what? You’re right. Let’s enjoy ourselves,” he said as you two walked on; without sunglasses, without worries. At least it seemed like the case, for him.

 

---

 

“Sorry I’m late. Schedules were hectic and fans were tailing us all the time,” he said as he sat down and took off his glasses. “Let me send a message to Seunghwan hyung first to say I’ve arrived.” You were shocked that he actually came this time. You had different things planned in your mind, lie finishing dinner yourself and sending him a message. “You came,” you said softly. “Of course I came. We had a promise to meet every month here, remember?” he smiled and waved for the waiter. “The usual for both of us, please.” The waiter looked at you with a puzzled face. Knowing what he meant, you raised your hand slightly and told him to send only for Sungmin’s order. Sungmin looked at you with a puzzled face too, as the waiter returned to the kitchen. “You’ve eaten? Without me?”

 

“I was about to leave already,” you said quietly.

 

“But why?” he asked with an incredulous laugh, You fumbled with your fingers as you were mentally breaking down about what to say. “_____?” You closed your eyes, deciding that the words should just be said as it is: “Let’s break up.” Sungmin’s smile on his curious face disappeared before a frown came on. He looked down at the empty plate in front of him, “Why?” Tears started to brim at your eyes, as the pain grew immensely great. “I can’t do this anymore, Min. I can’t handle dating you anymore.”

 

“What are you talking about? We’ve been dating for years al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter