34th Shot - Hongbin

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You planned it. You planned it for a month already. You barely met him so you had all the time to pack your house and your bags to leave. Even if he did meet you, it was because your workplace was near his agency. He stayed for only 5 minutes before leaving with his iced Americano. That was the great divide between you two: time. You had time for him but he had none for you. Ever since you two went separate routes after high school, he had been travelling overseas for runway shows. He placed his work first. He placed his friends first. He placed socializing first.

 

You had received a scholarship to study in an art academy, where you could focus on improving your fashion designing skills. But you had to move to a different town to attend the academy. Being the pragmatic you, you took the offer. Being the pragmatic you, you didn’t tell him. You didn’t have to. You considered the two of you over. It wasn’t, but you didn’t want to wait for those words to come from either one of you. You didn’t want to see him with another woman. You didn’t want to hear that there was a woman involved. You didn’t even want to hear that there wasn’t any woman, that it was his fault for not trying. You wanted to save yourself the heartache.

 

But you couldn’t. You didn’t want to disappear and leave him worried, so you left him a letter. You got into the cab and gave the cab driver his address. You stood in front of his letterbox. You were trembling with the letter in your hand. This day had finally come for the two of you. Tears welled up in your eyes as you pursed your lips to hold in your sob. You pushed the letter through the hole, your hand stuck to the hole. Your body shook harder but you controlled yourself. You got back into the cab and told him to drive to the train station.

 

Hongbin-ah…

I left. By the time you read this, I’m gone. You won’t find me at the café either. I got a scholarship to study design for two years, so I’m moving away. Take care of yourself wherever you are. Don’t overwork yourself and stay safe when you are overseas. I’m sorry I couldn’t wait until you got back. I’m sorry we didn’t work out. I’m sorry. Please take care.

 

After settling into the academy for a month, you were greeted by a call during a lecture. You frowned at your vibrating phone.

Hongbin

You the “do not disturb” function and tossed the phone back into your bag. After class, you saw that you had 10 missed calls. They were all from him. He had left a message too. Please call me back. You ignored it. It took willpower to ignore him, but it would take you greater willpower to hear his voice again.

 

He called you at night again, but you ignored it.

I know you’re still using this number. Of course, you hadn’t changed your number.

Why won’t you answer me? You ignored him. Maybe after a while, he would give up.

 

We need to talk this out. Why are you leaving me?

 

Please talk to me.

 

Where are you?

 

Please talk to me.

 

Why are you doing this to me? You know that I love you, right?

 

I miss you.

 

Why are you ignoring me?

 

We really need to talk.

 

How are you?

 

Is school fun?

 

I miss your voice.

 

It’s my birthday~ Won’t you wish me?

Ya.

I’m waiting for your present. Just one reply.

 

Merry Christmas!

 

Happy Birt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter