29th Shot - Woohyun

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ball flew from one side of the field to the other. Ten players ran accross the field as they practiced for the first match. The heat burned on their sweaty arms as the sun shone brightly on the campus. Summer was approaching, and so was the inter-college season.

 

Woohyun looked out at the bright environment while the team rested for a minute. Then somebody caught his eye. On the bleachers were some girls watching the soccer team. However only one girl wasn't looking at them. She wasn't even looking at other athletes on the track. Instead, her eyes were glued towards the book on her lap. He did a double take, then he smiled. She had come out to their practice.

 

Who was she? No one. Not even Woohyun's girlfriend. Just a classmate that he met at the cafe, who served him his Cafe Mochas all the time. They had English class together, and they sat together. Beeing the cheeseball that he was, he could not understand literature well, so she had volunteered to help him. Knowing her personality, she was one for books rather than sports. After a couple of times at the cafe, he plucked the courage and asked her to attend a game. But she could come, because games were at night and her shift was at night.

 

Yet she was there. She's there for him right? She looked up at the field and he waved at her. But the whistle blew, so he couldn't watch to see if she saw him. She was there. He had to pay his A-game. Even if she wasn't watching, he wanted her to see his best when she looked up. 

 

The ball was passed around intensely. It finally flew and hit Woohyun's head, bouncing it for his teammate to score a successful goal. The girls cheered and Woohyun looked to them. But his smile dropped when he saw her preoccupied. Her eyes were away from a book, but they were on some other guy. He was standing beside her talking, and she was smiling back at him. Who's the idiot that decided to steal Woohyun's light at that moment? Over more, who's that idiot talking to her?!

 

He tore his eyes away from them because the game had continued. Dongwoo ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter