25th Shot - Kris

One Shot At A Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris slumped onto the giant concrete step and hydrated himself. The sun shone on his sweaty body as he rested from shooting hoops. He thought about the time that he played basketball with you.

 

You were in a floral dress and a denim vest to celebrate spring. You weren’t weak per se, nor were you the sporty type. But you knew your fair share of basketball from high school; so playing was not as hard. The obstacle was the giant defending the ball. He took it easy on you, but you couldn’t get the ball past his hands. As he dribbled on the spot and smirked at your pout, you quickly pecked his cheek. He froze at your action, so you snatched the ball, turning to dribble toward the basket with plenty of speed. He crashed into you when you stopped all of a sudden, but you quickly shot the ball into the hoop before he could snatch the ball at you and shrieked as the ball went through the hoop. You turned to face him with a huge smile on your face but he was just staring at you. “You’re not being a sore loser, are you?” you teased. In a moment, his hands pulled your face up to him as he bent down and kissed your lips. In that moment, he stole your first kiss.

 

‘But that was just a kiss,’ he thought to himself. He closed his eyes and leaned back on his hands, not caring about the glaring sun. ‘It wasn’t meant to be.’ Suddenly, he felt the blazing sunlight gone from half his face and he opened his eyes. You were standing in front of him with a smile on your face. Even with him sitting down, you didn’t tower over him at all. “Where were you the whole day? I was looking for you but I couldn’t find you. Luckily I thought of the court,” you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter