JEALOUSLY GUILTY

THE IMPOSTORS

Seulgi just pursed her lips and nod, her friend gave her a tight hug and expressed how happy she is for her and Jimin. She even recalled how embarrassing it was when they started to like each other. “So I guess. that’s just how one-night stand works?” Irene teased.

“yah is that how are you supposed to sound in front of your brother in law? Cause I think you shouldn’t.” seulgi said as she pertains to Jungkook being just too closed around them and was able to heard what they’re talking about. Irene just covered but she no longer feel embarrassed at all. Now that it is clear to her what he is trying to do for dragging her around.

Jungkook let Seulgi and Irene talk for a while. He walks from a far distance away from them and bought some fishcakes while enjoying a cup of bubble tea. Jimin found his girl and his girl’s friend enjoying and giggling their chitchat so he decided not to bothered them but he found Jungkook eating alone so he decided to accompany him.

“CEO nim are you enjoying the food at my food park?”he said as he confidently sit opposite to Jungkook seat with some bucket of beer and chicken.

Jungkook took a chicken comfortably “aish hyung don’t call me that.”

“well it seems like you’re alone with Joohyun.. how’s your brother?”Jimin asked as he uncapped 2 bottles of beer.

“honestly he’s becoming better and better. His face suddenly glow, his words are no longer limited now, his emotions are more acceptable and I think my brother is really back.” He said with an unconscious smile on his face.

Jimin looks at Seulgi and Irene from afar. “well I guess she is really the cure we are all looking for.”Jimin said.

The two finished the bucket of beer when just in the right time Jungkook received a call from taehyung. “hey are you still planning to bring back Joohyun here?”

“ah.. ne hyung we just bumped into Seulgi noona and Jimin hyung at the food park.”Jungkook humbly said.

“food park? What are you doing there?” Taehyung asked.

“well uhmm.. we’re going back now.”Jungkook hanged up and bowed at Jimin, “hyung the beer and chat was nice I hope I can spend more time but Taehyung hyung is looking for Joohyun noona now.”

Jimin smiled and gestured at Jungkook to go on the two girl’s table. Jungkook politely approached Seulgi and Irene interrupting their conversation. “oh your in law is here.” Seulgi said.

“sorry to interrupt seulgi noona., but taehyung hyung is already looking for Joohyun noona.” Jungkook informed them.

“did you just called me Noona?” Irene unbelievably asked. “let’s go dongsaengie. I kind a miss your brother as well.”

Irene and Seulgi waved and hugged goodbye at each other. Jimin already called a taxi for them knowing that Jungkook didn’t brought his car since his keys are not hanging on his pants.

Irene somehow managed to make a little conversation with Jungkook and it seems like for a couple of hours being together the two gets comfortable with each other. The taxi has been paid before they get in and the two went inside the house. They found Yeri and Taehyung enjoying a bowl of popcorn giggling while they’re watching a movie.

Jungkook was supposed to let Irene go inside first but he felt a little jealousy seeing Yeri being with another guy. So he immediately went inside and almost bumped Irene falling on her hands.

“what are you guys doing?”it seems like the polite Jungkook has faded due to some alcohol intake.

Taehyung moved aside and squeezing yeri at the edge of the couch telling Jungkook to sit beside him. “join us. Is Joohyun around? come on the movie is good.”

Joohyun smiled and was not bothered by Jungkook’s attitude at all. She knows that he’s still a kid and it is natural for him to act like that. “hmm it seems like you guys enjoyed when we’re not around.” Irene teased.

Jungkook was just really uncomfortable seeing his brother and Yeri looking like they’re in a movie theatre date. He folds his arms on his chest and express how he disagrees with their closeness. “I already take your girlfriend home. Let’s go now Yeri-aa it’s getting late.”

Yeri bowed at Taehyung and decided to go to Jungkook but she stepped backward “you smell like… beer.”

Joohyun decided to sit beside Taehyung and snatched the bowl of popcorn from him. Taehyung crossed his legs and rest his arms on Irene’s shoulder. “oh it seems like your boyfriend just used Joohyun to have some little drink.”

“no I didn’t! I swear, Yerim-aa listen.”Jungkook said as he tried to convince his girlfriend, it seems like drinking alcohol doesn’t make him process a joke and everyone in the room is making fun of him. “Joohyun noona and I just went for a walk. I showed her the places that my hyung liked so while they’re spending their time together she’ll know what my hyung would probably prefer.”

“and that includes drinking?” Joohyun asked.

“no noona you know what happened. Jimin hyung offered me a bucket of beer.” Jungkook said and being a polite kid means no refusal with whatever someone who’s older than him.

Jungkook was left speechless his just the type of person who will not argue with his brother just to defend himself. So he ended up being silent and bowed his flashing face. Yeri just can help but to laugh so she gave her boyfriend a hug just to tell him that she believes him. Also he made a deep breathing in relief when taehyung told him that it was a joke.

Luckily Yerim learned how to drive so she decided to take in charge of the driving and Taehyung escorted his brother to the passenger seat securing himself by buckling his seatbelt for him. They both waved good bye to each other and wished them a safe travel going home.

Now that Jungkook and Yerim are no longer around Joohyun jumped beside Taehyung grabbed his arms and rest her chin on his shoulder. Pouting and acting cute she told her lover that she hasn’t eaten. Taehyung just made a short bouts of laugh and without hesitation he prepared her a bowl of bulgogi.

“I thought he took you out for a meal.” Taehyung said as he transfer a spoonful of samjang on her bowl and mixed it before he gave it to her.

Joohyun took it from him and immediately gave it a taste. “maybe that wasn’t his plan after all.. actually he  took me to the familiar places that you used to go to before when I wasn’t around.”she respond and bowed her head and she just can’t help but to cry and feel sorry for Taehyung.

Taehyung sits beside her cup both of her cheeks and wiped her tears using her thumb. He gave her a smile and a kiss on her forehead. “please do not ever blame yourself with my sufferings. It was my fault. I never helped myself to get through my anxieties.” Taehyung gave her a strong but honest gaze and made sure that his sufferings has been paid off.

Joohyun gave Taehyung a tight hug embracing his whole body as tight as she could. Her tears and worries just made her lost her appetite to eat. “Let’s go to sleep.”

“wait.” Taehyung said as he detached himself from her hug. “from the past years that you’re away I never waste a single meal and even a small amount of food. Stop acting like a baby and finish your meal.” He told her as he hands her the spoon that she intentionally leave on the bowl.

“Are you sure you’re not Taeyeon’s son? Cause that was she has been telling us before if we left our plate with left overs.” Joohyun said as she took another spoonful of her meal.

Meanwhile Yeri and Jungkook are currently stuck on a traffic on their way home. It happened that an accident that involve a truck, a bus and a car impede the road and most of the vehicles on that area couldn’t pass. Jungkook has been so quiet he can’t just think of a way on how he will initiate a conversation to Yerim. He thought that having a drink while his girlfriend knew that he’s with another girl is something offensive to her and he just don’t want to get caught off guard.

“Are you alright? You’ve been quiet since you ride on the passenger’s seat. ”Yerim asked. “is there something you’re not telling me?”she added.

“What? No!? why would I keep a secret to you?” he immediately responds with a gulp and he’s already starting to sweat. Yerim just making him feel more uneasy and uncomfortable with their situation.

“can you calm down? Is that really how you behave when you had few drinks?” Yeri said grasping the steering wheel and still clueless with Jungkook’s unusal behavior.

Jungkook just couldn’t help but to feel tense. He feels like he did something he shouldn’t. he pressed the button for his window to slide down for him to breath but Yerim didn’t liked it because the pollution is getting inside the car. So she press the button and Jungkook’s window slides up and she also activated the window access lock so Jungkook wouldn’t have to slide it down again.

“Stop it I can smell the smoke coming from outside.” Yerim complained.

It took them an hour for them to arrive home and Jungkook still feels the same. It seems like the alcohol impact just makes him extra nervous and now he also finds it difficult to breathe. 

“what the hell is wrong with you? Are you alright?”- Yeri asked as he rest his palms over Jungkook’s forehead and realized that he is sweating a lot.

“fine!” He exclaimed. “I am sorry for coming back smelling like alcohol even though you’re aware that I’m with another girl.” he said after his deep exhales and stutters.

“Another girl? Hey she’s your brother’s girlfriend. What the hell are you saying?” Yerim replies as she’s totally clueless why her boyrfriend was acting like that.

Jungkook pursed his lips, folds his arms and drop his on the couch. He’s also clueless why Yerim doesn’t feel the same as he does but if there’s something he is pretty sure with is that he’s uncomfortable seeing Yerim with other guys even if that guy is his own brother.

“miane He apologized the more that his sweats and nervousness subsides he also realized that he’s acting so immature and weird to Yerim but she was just so pissed with the awkward silence that he made so she ignore him and continued her business at the kitchen. She is currently making a soup thinking that Jungkook might suffer from hang over the next day. “I’ll leave now take the soup before it get’s cold and before you go to bed.”

But before she could reach for her sweater Jungkook gave her a tight back hug. “I am sorry. I should’ve been more considerate towards your feeling.”

Yerim just can’t help but to tear up and the emotions just want her to become honest with her partner. “Listen to me Jeon Jungkook don’t you ever put me in this kind of unexplainable situation again.” She complained.

“yes please just stay tonight it’s already late and I don’t want you to go alone.”

“take your soup and I’ll go wash up.” She said.

One week has passed and mornings are no longer the same for Taehyung. He wakes up with Joohyun beside him still in a deep sleep. He always makes sure that their breakfast is ready before she wakes up. The week went well for the two of them spending time together makes the time flies so fast that they don’t even realize that a week has just passed.

After placing some side dishes, cooked rice and some fried eggs and soup on the table the house doorbell rings. Taehyung went to check the monitor to check who it was and it was Solar but she’s not familiar with Taehyung so he didn’t opened the door first.

“can’t you just meet Irene at the office? I’ll tell her to go to work after breakfast.” Taehyung asked since he doesn’t want any visitor to join them on breakfast.

“well I am sorry President Kim but Madam Cottilard hasn’t been going to work for the past week and I’m afraid she has a lot of things to do.” Solar said over the monitor. “Please I am not just an acquaintance. I become her family for the past 5 years I was the one who transformed Joohyun to Irene Cotillard so please open the door and let me wake her up.”

Thinking that she became Joohyun’s family for a longer period of time makes him decide not to be selfish enough not to let Joohyun talk to her. So he opened the door for her and apologized. “she’s still sleeping she’s in the first door on the left.” He instructed her and grabbed a plate with a pair of chopsticks for her.

Solar found her way to comfortably sleeping Joohyun on Taehyung’s bed. Their bed is just enough for the two of them and she must admit Joohyun looks better and sleep more peacefully in his room compared to her room. She can tell that she is still in a deep sleep but she has no choice but to wake her up.

She coughs. And it made Joohyun stretched a little bit open her eyes and she was shocked to see Solar sitting on their bed. Good thing she didn’t think of a morning flirt like what she usually does when Taehyung wakes her up for breakfast. “what are you doing here?” She asked in shock. “the last time I checked you lied to me and I still feel bad about it.”

Solar exhales. “please stop acting like a kid. You know the reason why I have to do that and besides he’s alive.” She responds “and the last time I checked you’re still CEO Irene Cotillard and you still have some business to take care of.”

Joohyun bend his knees and rest her head on it. “I knew it you’ll be just right here to ruin everything.” She deeply exhales from “can you give me a month?”

“a month? Joohyun a week is enough.” Solar said and she is not over reacting. Her missed meetings were re sched so many times, many papers were left unsigned and stocks has been slightly falling down if it weren’t for the acting CEOs of V group and her trading company in France. it’s not that Joohyun wants to give up what they worked hard for but she thinks that she still need more time with Taehyung and it will be difficult for her to tell him this early that she has to spare a time for her job.

Still blank and torn between her career and lovelife Joohyun has no choice but to remained silent for a while and it is something not usual to Solar. She has always been like this 5 years ago poor in decision making, low self esteem and very weak personality. “Breakfast anyone?”Taehyung offered.

Joohyun smiled at least she got to see him 2nd thing in the morning. “Do not refuse my boyfriend’s offer.” She said as she sway her blanket and followed Taehyung at the dining area. solar followed her and sit comfortably opposite of them, for her they look lovely and she feels a little guilt inside her for telling Joohyun what she has to do.

“It seems like I took a lot of your friend’s time didn’t I?” Taehyung asked awkwardly.

“Yes.” Solar politely respond

“No” Joohyun answered in chorus and their eyes met. She gives a disapproval facial expression and Solar just raised both of her shoulders telling her she just have to be honest.

 “Baby please don’t feel bad about it. We’ve been separate for years and we still need more time to be together.”Joohyun said to ease Taehyung’s feelings.

“and of course that’s the thing I surely understand. President Kim I hope you understand as well that making her one of you acting CEO doesn’t mean she will give her full time to you. You see before she became a part of the V group she’s already a CEO in France.” Solar said as she directly tells Taehyung that Joohyun has lots of job to do.

Joohyun was so pissed. It seems like Solar is already deciding for her, she feels like she’s already indirectly asking permission to Taehyung for her time. She dropped the chopsticks and spoon beside her plate and bit her lower lip. She raised an eyebrow to Solar “We do not talk too much here when we eat.” She warned before she could further say more words that she doesn’t supposed to say.

Solar was so used to it since that’s very Irene Cotillard and she knows that when she warns she really does mean it. Taehyung knows what’s happening as he can feel the tension between the two ladies. So he offers more soup to Solar “Don’t worry we will talk about it.” Taehyung assured her.

After breakfast Taehyung volunteered to wash the dishes which they decide to play rock, paper and scissors before so the two can have a conversation. The two ladies went outside and ride Solar’s car so they can talk privately. Joohyun doesn’t really want to think about her life as Irene Cotillard but she doesn’t want to live behind everything as well. She knows how difficult it was to live without a food on her plate and how it was difficult for her to carry all the stuffs just to save money for a cab.

“Can I just transfer everything to you then just give me shares?” Joohyun offered.

Solar exhales once again. She doesn’t know if being in love makes her dumb or she just intentionally want to look dumb in front of her. “Irene our investors don’t only trust the company but you as well. Please take note that you’re the image of the company and rumors might start up if you give everything to me.”

“Right.” She said resting her head on the head rest but it seems like Solar is really eager to make her come back to her responsibilities. “I’ll be at the office tomorrow in the morning.”

“Do I have your word Madam Cotillard?” She asked

“Yes.” Joohyun assured and she went back inside after she told her to drive safely.