IRENE IS JOOHYUN

THE IMPOSTORS

Wendy finally wake up feeling groggy and weak. She wanders inside the room and realized that her operation was already done after she found out that she’s already inside her room. She noticed that Jhope fell asleep dangling his head over the backrest of the chair. She smiled since he’s the only one she wanted to see after her operation. She didn’t wake him up and stared at him while he sleeps.

Minutes have passed his sleep was interrupted by a nurse who came inside Wendy’s room to check her vital signs. “Hello” -Wendy greeted him with a smile.

His drowsiness and desires to sleep faded as soon as he heard her voice. “Hey how are you feeling?” -Jhope asked her worriedly.

“I’m fine don’t worry. I am not feeling any pain right now.”- Wendy assured him as she extend her arm to hold his hand after her BP was checked. “Thank you for staying.” -Wendy said.

“Of course.” -Jhope put his hand over hers. I was waiting for you the whole time.” 

Wendy tried to lift herself and Jhope assisted her. She was able to sit herself on the bed leaning her back for support and she found Umji calmly sleeping on the couch. She covered with her hands and her eyes started to shine with her tears.

“How long has she been sleeping?” -Wendy asked.

“Almost an hour. She tried to wait for you to wake up but she was defeated by her drowsiness so right after she prayed for you she lie down on the couch.” -Jhope informed her.

Wendy felt so thankful and grateful that Jhope is making an effort to make her feel better. He even brought a family member with him just so she would know that she have someone right beside her. “I’m sorry for pushing you away and thank you for wearing the ring back to my finger.” --Wendy said full of regrets with her decisions.

“It’s okay. I just want you to know that no matter how worse you see a fault in yourself.. I have no plans in letting you go.” -Jhope said.

Wendy smiled and amazed at the same time that he didn’t give up on her despite she’s been pushing him away. “Thank you I am so lucky to have you.”

“of course.” -Jhope said and he wrap his arms around her tightly. 

Wendy lift her head and they both meet each other’s eyes. Jhope extender his arms on her bed to lean for a kiss. She closes her eyes slowly anticipating his lips to her but Umji made a light sound with a stretch and she just woke up from her deep sleep.

The two immediately dettached themselves from each other and they both awkwardly smiled to Umji. She scratches her eyes and approached Wendy.

“Aunt wendy are you alright?” -Umji asked.

“Yes I am thank you for coming. It seems like you fell asleep while you’re looking after me.” -Wendy told her. 

“Please get well soon Aunt Wendy so we could go around the park.” -Umji wished.

“What a beautiful view of a happy family.” -Johnny compliments as he came inside her room with Yoona. His wife became so emotional after seeing Wendy so pale and weak, she rushed to her and gave her a tight hug while she teared up over her shoulder.

“calm down Ms. Im, I’m totally fine there’s nothing to worry about.” -Wendy said as she caress her back.

“I’m sorry if I tired you for the past years. You know I didn’t mean to do that.” -Yoona said.

“It’s part of my job Ms. Im don’t blame yourself to this. My work has nothing to do with my illness.” -She clarified.

“I already booked a resthouse at Jeju. You should take a rest for a month.” -Yoona said.

“No. Ms. Im you don’t have to.” -Wendy said.

“Are we going to Jeju? Aunt Wendy?” -Umji excitedly said.

Since Umji showed her enthusiasm about the vacation Wendy has no choice but to accept Yoona’s offer. She hasn’t been into real vacation anyway for years because of her dedication and hard working characteristic. 

At the same day Joohyun and Taehyung are having their meals together when the nurse came to deliver his discharge note and list of medication. He was ordered to be discharge tomorrow morning after they claim the results of his test.

Joohyun exhales in relief. “I hope this will be the last time that you’ll be staying in the hospital.” 

Taehyung nods as he munches his food. “Sure, just make sure you’ll be looking after me carefully.”

“Aigoo.. it looks like someone will be taking advantage after he successfully recovered.” -Joohyun said as she narrows her eyes.

The two have finished their meals and Joohyun volunteered to clean up their leftovers and used dish just like a perfect housewife. Taehyung went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and Joohyun followed just after she tidy up Taehyung’s bed and the whole room. even though she live her life with a silver spoon for 5 years her cleaning and multitasking skills never faded.

taehyung finished brushing his teeth and decided to wash his face but he’s not used to clean himself in a lower level sink. he accidentally splash water on his hospital suit causing Joohyun to be frustrated as if he’s a 6 years old washing his own face.

Joohyun spits the water from after she gurgles while Taehyung kept on rubbing his face with facial wash. Joohyun s his hospital suit and he moves to the opposite side refusing her kind gestures. 

“Yah your suit is filed up with water you should remove it.” -Joohyun said.

Just when Taehyung was about to rinse his face Joohyun immediately extended her hands to rinse his face for him. “Close your eyes tightly.” -She commands and he obeys. She was able to rinse his whole face and she pinches his nose after “Blow your nose.”

“No!” -Taehyung embarrassedly declined her offer. He reached for his face towel and wiped his face. After he successfully did he found Joohyun standing in front of him looking so pissed as if her head is already smoking as she reached her temper.

“You should atleast let me assist you.” -Joohyun said as she folded her arms.

“Come on Baby don’t get mad. I have my own hands to wash myself but thank you for helping.” -Taehyung said with a smile.

and his cute smile just faded her anger in seconds. She playfully rolled her eyes and left the bathroom. “Where are you going?” -Taehyung asked.

“I’ll request for another hospital suit.” -Joohyun responds. 

Later on Taehyung was able to change his clothes and Joohyun just finished drying her hair after washing up. The two cuddled on his bed and decided to watch television. Joohyun kept on pressing the same button over and over again and Taehyung was just there allowing her to pillow his chest while he wraps his arms around her waiting for her to decide what to watch.

“Babe we passed by that channel 3 times already.” -Taehyung reminded her.

Joohyun pouted for not noticing and realizing late that she doesn’t want to watch at all. So she turned off the TV and set aside the remote.

“It’s too early to sleep.” -Joohyun frowned.

“Shall we talk?” -Taehyung asked.

Joohyun extended and lifted her head to meet his eyes “Talk about what?” 

“Hmm.. about you?” -Taehyung said as he moved sideways so he could face his girlfriend. “How is it like living in Europe?”

Joohyun looked sideways thinking of what he could answer. “Uhmm well honestly I had difficulty adjusting at first, that I have to wake up attending langauge class or culture class, I have to make extra effort to look differently from head to toe in short I have to forget who I really am.” -Joohyun answered.

Taehyung nods and caress her hair. “is that so? What about the people there? Are they nice?” 

Joohyun nods. “They are but they’re also liberated. I mean they french kiss around the streets and some poeple doesn’t mind at all. Honestly I still feel uncomfortable whenever I encoutered couples that are publicly intimate.” -Joohyun said.

Taehyung giggles. “No.. you’re not uncomfortable. You just envy them because I wasn’t there at all.” -He confidently .

Which is somehow true, everytime she passed by to every couple in France she would wish she’s with him. It’s his hug, kisses and comfort that she have been missing for years. “aigoo.. look who’s trying to be so confident here.” 

Taehyung giggles once again. “How about the places?”

“Well of course the place was impressive. When I first got there I feel like I’m in a movie. Also when I first came to see the eiffel tower you’re the first one the came to my mind. I wished to kiss you in front of the tower and have a picture there.” -Joohyun said.

“We will.” -Taehyung assured her. “Thank you for staying faithful for years.” -he said before he kisses her forehead.

“What about you? How have you been after you got discharged from rehabilitation?” -Joohyun asked worriedly.

“Well I admit. I’ve been hiding to my fears right after I got discharged, I became so stubborn and avoided all people around me.” -Taehyung said. “and when you came I know you’re Joohyun but because I thought it’s a symptom of my illness I tried to ignore and blocked you from my mind. That’s why I said those words.” 

“You really hurt me that night.” -Joohyun said.

“Miane. Honestly that night was so magical as if we did it for the first time again after years.” -Taehyung said as he repeatedly raise his eyebrows.

Joohyun rolled her eyes and giggled at his naughty expression. “Right. It feels like the first time, I’m aching down here when I woke up from that night.” -She complained.

Taehyung giggled covering with his fisted hand. “Miane. It really feels like you so I was motivated to make love with you.” -Taehyung explained.

“Tss.” -She said as she lifts the corner of  

“You’re still as beautiful as before Joohyun-aa.” -Taehyung compliments out of nowhere.

“Make sure I’ll be the only girl you could only see as that beautiful.” -Joohyun smirks. “atleast I’ll be able to feel confident now.”

“Come on Joohyun-aa.. I’m proud of you even before and I’ll still be happy to introduce you to anyone as my girlfriend even if you didn’t reach this far.” -Taehyung said.

“tsh. I still remember how I am so jealous of Ms. Im back then.” -She pouted. “she’s really pretty and both of you look so good together.”

“Okay let’s stop bringing up anyone in this conversation and besides Ms. Im is already the mother of Johnny’s children.” -Taehyung said.

Joohyun suddenly thought of topic about babies. “What about you? Do you prefer twins? Triplets?” 

Taehyung held her hand tight “It doesn’t matter as long as you’ll be the one who’ll carry my child.”

“Well.. when I get pregnant I’ll be having mood swings. I’ll be easily irritated, I’ll be having cramps, I’ll be a picky eater and I might hate you as well.. would you still take care and look after me?” -Joohyun said.

“Even if you ask me to stay away from you or even if I had to sleep on the floor just for you to get comfortable.. I will.” -He assured her. “I’ll massage your calves if you got cramps, I’ll get you foods that you prefer, I’ll bathe you in the tub and I’ll stay with you as you labor our child.” -He added. He stared at her as her eyelids started to get droopy and he became blurry in her eyes until she fell asleep. 

She still look innocent, attractive and beautiful while she sleeps which make him fall in love more by just looking at her face. He kiss her on her forehead and wished her goodnight. 

On the other hand Seulgi and Jimin met in a mall near the hotel. Seulgi leads the way while Jimin follows her as they hold hands. He insisted to bring her in an expensive boutique but she refused. So they went in a department store to look for a dress that she could use for the employee’s party.

Seulgi have passed through lots of dress stations but she still can’t choose which to wear just like every girls struggles in picking of dress. 

“Come on.. just pick anything I mean any dress will suit you.” - Jimin tried to uplifts his  girlfriend’s mood.

Seulgi took a sit on the couch and sighs. she wanted to give up and doubted to attend the employee’s party. Shopping isn’t really her thing since she usually buy stuffs for her ex boyfriend and not for her.

“Can you pick for me? I don’t know which best would I look good.” -Seulgi frowned.

“Alright, I’ll try my best.” -Jimin said and he left his girlfriend alone after giving her a kiss. he immediately called his designer friend and he arrived with just 10 minutes. He made sure to make a distance from her where she won’t notice that he asked someone to help him.

Taemin eventually came and was supposed to head towards Seulgi’s direction but Jimin was able to pull him before he could do so.

“So why are you asking me to pick something to wear for her but you won’t let me see her in a close distance?” -Taemin asked as he crossed his forearms.

Jimin rolled his eyes and sigh. “I can’t let her know that I hired a designer for this.” -Jimin said. Seulgi has been his girlfriend for years but she never take advantage of his wealth. She would sometimes treat and give him gifts using his own money.

The two spent an hour to collect some dress that could fit Seulgi. Taemin dropped everything he picked from the left wing of the department store including jewelries and shoes but Jimin was still undecided which would he choose. If the dress isn’t too revealing for Seulgi, she will be more beautiful in every dress if he could imagine her wearing those and he don’t want her girlfriend to be the eye catcher of every man at the party.

“What took you so long?” -Seulgi frowned after Jimin arrived on her area for almost an hour. “It seems like you also had difficulty finding a dress for me.” -She said as she lower her head while she sways her dangling feet.

“No.” -Jimin said “actually the reason why I took so long is because every dress here suits you.” 

“It’s not the right time for joking.” -Seulgi said as she pull out some of the dress he placed in between them. “I like this one.” -She said as she smiled observing the white above knee dress made with silk cloth that has a gold touch on its sleeves and collar.

“It looks good on you but don’t you think it’s too short? I mean you’ll expose your legs?” -Jimin indirectly disapproved.

Seulgi giggled with his jealous remarks. “Okay what about this one?” -Seulgi asked as she pulled out another cream and black long dress with a unique long wavy exposing her back. 

Jimin carefully examines the dress. His eyes narrowed and lips pursed, he doesn’t want it. “No.”

“Why?”

“Your back. It’s showing.. I might pull you away from the party and drag you to the restroom.” -Jimin teased.

“Fine.” -She wrinkled her nose as she pecks his cheeks. She pulled another dress and it captured her eyes. A black short dress with a long sleeves and turtleneck. “I like this one.” -Seulgi said as she stood up from the couch.

“No honey your legs are showing.” -Jimin disapproved once again.

“But I’ll look good in this.” -Seulgi frowned.

and her puppy eyes just defeated him and with a heavy heart he agreed to her that she should buy that dress. Unlike other women Seulgi came out from the department store with only one shopping bag on her hand. She usually gets contented with anything that she have and she doesn’t usually spend too much for herself but Jimin feels so envious with couples passing by them that the guy carries too many shopping bags for their partner.

“Honey let’s go buy some jewelries.” -Jimin said.

“But we already have one. That’s enough.” -Seulgi said. 

Jimin held her hand and dragged her in a jewelry shop. Rings, necklaces, bracelets made of diamond and gold shines inside their container glass. With just one look Seulgi could tell that everything inside the shop are expensive.

Jimin approached a lady staff together with Seulgi “Excuse me. I need a pair of earings and necklace for her.” 

Seulgi feel so uncomfortable in front of the lady staff since she’s not used into purchasing expensive stuffs. The lady stuff pulled out boxes of necklace made with diamond that each costs around $100,000 and it's just an eye widening for Seulgi.

Even Seulgi showed lack of interest and restricted affect while he try on every jewelries on her he ended up buying them for her and Seulgi just feels so uncomfortable about it. She feels like she’s a burden to his boyfriend who mandates him to spend thousands of dollars for her. So she stared on her well done steak as she sits opposite to her boyfriend. Jimin noticed that she just staring at her food and it’s remained untouched while he finished half of his. 

He took her plate and the clang sound of his knife to her plate made her comeback to her senses and she realized that Jimin is already slicing her steak for her. “You seem a little off, is there anything wrong?”

“No not really.” -She lied as she rolls the knife from her finger to palm. 

But Jimin is aware that somethings bothering her. So he put back her cut steak and looked her straight to her eyes. “Tell me.”

“I’m uncomfortable with this. Why do you have to spend so much for me? I mean you could buy a brand new car with that cost.” -Seulgi frustratedly said.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you should get used to this? I might expect a lot more for you when we get married.” -Jimin clarified.

“Then I might be willing not to marry you.” -Seulgi warned her and stood up from her seat abandoning her boyfriend and her untouched steak.

Jimin immediately called the waiter for the bill. He rushed to the parking lot to run after his girlfriend who’s completely no longer within his sight after he swiped his card for the bill and as expected Seulgi is already at the parking lot crying alone as she lean on his car.

“I knew it. You’ll be crying like this again.” -Jimin said and he pulled both of her hands that covers her face to passively makes her embrace him. “I’m sorry for not considering your concerns.” -He added as he caress her hair trying to calm her down. 

“Nado mianeyo for impulsively throwing words about marriage again.” -She apologized in between her gulps. “but is there anyway you could return those jewelries?” 

“Honey I have no plans returning these, I want you to wear this on the employee’s party.” -Jimin said.

She sighs as she depressed her shoulder while she gulps with a frown. Her puppy eyes met his attractive but worried gaze and it just felt like the time stops as her vision only focused to his face. That’s when she realized that he’s the man she doesn’t want to let go and she wanted to be with for the rest of her life.

“Okay. Shall we consider that as an engagement ring?” -Seulgi awkwardly suggested.

Jimin eyes widened and his heart beat faster. “Wait. Did I hear it right? You’re considering to marry me?”

Seulgi nods. “I’m sorry if it took so long for me to decide and realize.” 

This isn’t the way he wanted to be engaged with her but he wanted to agree with her suggestion anyways despite he was rejected twice with his marriage proposal. So he embraced her so tight 
and she did too.

The next morning Taehyung and Joohyun were escorted to her vehicle after the confirmation of his discharge. She volunteered to drive for him and even buckles his seatbelt for him.

“Hey. I have my own hands.” -Taehyung reminded her.

“Miane.” -Joohyun said as she start the engine. “I don’t want you to consume a lot of energy.” 

The two decided to go straight to Joohyun’s old residence where Taehyung is staying. The guard greets them with a bow after they passed by the guard house. Joohyun volunteered to carry his stuffs and she doesn’t want him to carry anything, she’s being so overprotective with him. 

The two entered the house and her framed picture welcomed them. They looked at each other awkwardly after recalling that they fought because of that picture. “I still want your picture there.” -Taehyung awkwardly said.

“Arasseo I’m not asking you to hide it anyway.” -Joohyun said and she walked through her room passing by her frames picture. 

Taehyung followed her and found her unpacking his stuffs and separating his used clothes in the laundry basket. He approached her and back hugged her interrupting her task. She exhales after a deep breath and she leaned her whole body to her boyfriend.

“I’m sorry for that night.” -Joohyun apologized as she remembered how much she hurt him that night.

“Forget about it. Jaebal what’s more important is you’re already here beside me.” -Taehyung assured her. “I already forgot all those bad memories I had with you as Irene Cotillard and I’m thankful that Bae Joohyun is in front of me right now.” 

Joohyun smiled and turn around to face him. “You still look the same and you didn’t even aged a bit.” -Joohyun said as she draw some random lines on his forehead down to his cheeks. They were so serious staring at each other faces when Joohyun playfully pinched both of his cheeks that made him produce a soft squeal. 

“Ah! Joohyun-aa it hurts take off your hands please.” -Taehyung said as he endured the pain on his cheek between her fingers.

“Ani. My boyfriend jinja kyeopta!” -Joohyun playfully said as she smiles so wide with a soft giggle. 

But as much as he wanted to laugh with her he couldn’t endure the pain anymore so he places his hands at the sides of her trunk and revenge for a hard tickle and he succeed to stop her from pinching his cheeks. 

They end up laughing so hard until they both fell on the bed and both of them catch their breath. Joohyun finally stopped from playing around and decided to cook something for him but before she could stand up he pulled her back from the bed.

“Yah wae?” -Joohyun asked.

“Let’s have a good sleep first. The nurses kept on interrupting my sleep at the hospital.” -Taehyung said and he closed his eyes extending his arms around her waist.

“You can just sleep first while I cook something for you.” -Joohyun said, but he won’t agree. He even made his embrace tighter making it hard for her to move. 

After minutes Taehyung was in a deep sleep after he was able to sleep again on her bed. It’s more comfortable for him now that she’s already there beside him. Joohyun wrapped her arms around his neck and she sleep together with him. 

It’s almost lunch when Joohyun woke up from her nap and Taehyung is still asleep. She slowly and carefully went off his arms and made sure not to make too much movement that could wake him up. She finally succeed getting off the bed and fixed his blanket before she could make her way outside the room.

She made her way to the kitchen and noticed her framed picture at the living room. “Geez I didn’t age that much. It seems like my blue eyes are the only thing that changed in my face.” -She said adoring herself while staring at her picture. She decided to cook something for Taehyung while he sleeps but his cabinets are empty. She realized that he has been starving himself when he’s alone and she feels sorry for it. 

So she went out the house and went to the nearest supermarket. She wanted to fill every space in his kitchen to make it look more lively. She was able to fill up her grocery cart and decided to grab some mason of mayonnaise before she goes straight to the cashier.

A bottle of vinegar dropped on the floor and it startled Joohyun. She looked where the clang came from and realized that it was Yoona who just gulped in fear with her rounded eyes staring at her. She’s still as beautiful as she was before and she still give that intimidating feeling to Joohyun despite it was obvious that she’s uncertain look.

Joohyun politely bowed at her and she still look at her from head to toe. “J..is that you?”

Joohyun awkwardly nods. “It’s me.”
“You’re alive?! What happened to your eyes?” -Yoona said as she’s currently freaking out. 

“Uhmm do you want to talk about this with a cup of coffee?” -Joohyun asked.

And the two decide to have a cup of coffee in a coffee shop inside near the supermarket after they placed their grocery bags in their respective car. Yoona couldn’t look at her, a part of her is still convinced that she’s not Joohyun but her mind has been telling her the whole time that she’s alive after she confirmed it by herself.

“So you survived the explosion years ago..”- Yoona said after Joohyun spilled out everything. “If I only knew my cousin would join an evil man like him I shouldn’t have tried so hard to pursue him. We even cancelled our wedding too many times because of him.” -Yoona said as she feels sorry for Joohyun’s family after finding out that Changsub chose to partner with Ravi.

“I should be the one to apologize. I am sorry.” -Joohyun said.

“Don’t be. You lose your family because he has been financially supporting that bastard the whole time. If he only didn’t team up with him he wouldn’t have the chance to have such power.” -Yoona explained.

“I guess this isn’t the right time to exchange apologies. Uhmm. How was Johnny as a Father? I bumped into him once when I save his son from an accident.” -Joohyun said.

“You mean it was you who save my Chenle? He’s doing well. He’s more hands on  when it comes to the triplets more than me.” 

“what?! Yungho have three children already?” -Joohyun exclaimed.

Later on the two decided to say goodbye to each other since Joohyun has to cook for Taehyung’s lunch and Yoona has to pick up the kids at school. 

Joohyun finally arrived at their home and walk on tiptoes as she expertly carry all the grocery bags making sure not to make any single noise to prevent Taehyung from waking up. Her cooking skills still remained despite she haven’t cook for herself for a long time. She smoothly handled the knife to chop some ingredients for her beef stew without wounding herself. She was so focused and eager to do a great job that her eyes are glued to her task while her lips are pursed. 

Taehyung’s sleep was interrupted after realizing Joohyun was no longer on his bed. He went inside his bathroom and wash himself thoroughly after he was stocked at the hospital for almost a week. 

Joohyun finished cooking their food so she went inside the room to wake Taehyung up but she found him dressing up after taking a bath. His skin is still moist after he dried himself with a towel before he wrapped it around his waist. It’s just his body that Joohyun can’t resist so she approached her hugging him from the back and gave him smooches on his back.

“That tickles.” -Taehyung said enjoying his girlfriend’s lips on his skin. 

“Mmmhmmm.” -Joohyun responds. “Are you hungry?” -Joohyun asked.

“Ne. I think I feel like eating right now.” -Taehyung said. “Shall we eat?”

“I am hungry but I don’t crave for food.” -Joohyun naughtily said.

Taehyung turned to face her cupping both of her cheeks, leaning closer to her and kissed her passionately, she just couldn’t get away from it that she even stepped forward to push Taehyung on the bed but before she could she remembered she cooked something for him and he don’t want him to eat dry and cold food. 

“Get your clothes on. Let’s eat.” -She commanded giving him a firm tune.

“What was that for? How could you still make me unsatisfied like this?” -Taehyung asked as his girlfriend lead the way to the kitchen.

He has no choice but to follow his girlfriend or else she’ll end up sulking hating him the whole day. A table full of dish flaunt in front of him as soon as he reached the kitchen. It has been years since the table has been this colorful. He would usually eat with less than 4 plates in front of him but now it looks like they’re having a feast. 

“Wow did you prepared all of this?” -Taehyung said as his eyes are roaming to every dish in front of him. 

They sit opposite to each other and held their utensils together to begin eating but before the two of them could scoop a meal their doorbell rings and just like a responsible housewife she automatically let go of her utensils and went to the monitor. 

“It’s your brother.” – Joohyun informed him.

“Great. Let’s have lunch with him.” -Taehyung told her.

Joohyun opened the door for Jungkook and Yeri but before she could invite them in Jungkook screamed at the top of his lungs “Ghoooooooooost!!!!” and he ended up collapsing in the ground.