IT MUST BE AWKWARD

THE IMPOSTORS

It’s been a couple of hours since Jungkook passed out after seeing Irene face to face with a black hair. The foods on the table that are supposed to be consumed by lunch got colder and left untouched. Everyone was so worried about Jungkook despite the Doctor who checked on him told them not to be bothered since he didn’’t display any signs of a significant disease. He was just plainly scared earlier.

Yeri and Joohyun bowed at the Doctor they sent at the front door as he is about to leave. Joohyun can’t help but to feel awkward and worried about the situation. She can’’t even speak a word to Yeri despite she wanted to.

“Shall we go inside?” Yeri told her politely.

“Ne.” Joohyun respond with her head down and an awlward smile.

As they entered the house Taehyung is still can be seen inside his room looking after his unconscious brother and Joohyun just don’t want to sit on the couch with Yeri just to suffer in awkwardness for the rest of the day. “shall we clean up this food?” she asked.

“let’s just set it aside for a while. I think it will be a waste if we throw everything away.”- she suggested

Joohyun nods. “Yes that’s right.” she took the plates away from the dining table and put everything on the countertop. While Yeri decided to help by wiping the table with a wet cloth.

“I’m sorry we should have told you that we’re coming. This is just so awkward.” Yeri said as she can vibe Joohyun’s embarrassment with the situation.

Joohyun frowned, pursed her lips and closed her eyes “please don’’t blame yourself. I’m sorry that we have  to be in this kind of awkward situation.”

Joohyun already met Jungkook before. Despite that they didn’t had the chance to spend a quality time together, she knew that Jungkook is so close to his older brother that even a formal knocking on the door is something he doesn’t consider for his brother. Yeri decided to go inside Taehyung’s room where her boyfriend is she rest her hand on Taehyung’s shoulder gesturing him that it’s her turn to look after Jungkook.

“Thank you” Taehyung said.

Yeri silently smiled and pointed on the door. Telling him to check on Irene since has been staying inside the room for a couple of hours without saying a word to her.

He found him at the kitchen standing and leaning her back on the fridge. He can feel how stress she was so he confidently approached her and rest both of his palms on her face. “hmmm very Joohyun.” – he smiles.

“how was your brother?” – she asked even though she’s already aware of the situation. She took off both his palms and passively put his hands around her.

“he still doesn’t move a bit. Do you want to go outside for a while? I’m sure he’ll love to have bulgogi for dinner.”

Minutes after the two went out Jungkook finally wakes up. He’s sweating excessively, rapid and hard breathing just to collect some air and a pounding heart still bothers him most. He can’t just contain himself that he even pinch himself just to make sure he’s not dreaming. He realized that he’s the only one inside the room and Yeri can no longer be found.

He stood up from the bed and went near to the door but he was too hesitant to open it so he just keep his both hands inside his pocket and sat down the bed. The door opened and he jumped away from the bed causing him to fall on his .

“are you okay?” yeri worriedly asked as she put a basin of warm water and face towel.

Jungkook embarrassedly took her hand and stand up. “So….”

“So why are you acting that way? Isn’t it we already met her at the hospital?” Yeri asked once again as he taps his face with a towel.

“Well this time feels weird. I feared to see her with her hair black.” He truthfully said. He didn’t let Yeri finish cleaning up his face, he took his things tidy up himself and grab Yeri from her wrist. “let’s go home.”

“wait.”she stopped him. “your brother bought a meal for you. Let’s just wait for them it will be very rude if we leave without them knowing.”

But he’s a man so he can just easily drag Yeri to the front door. Just as they are 5 steps away from the front door Taehyung andIrene arrived making Jungkook stop himself in leaving the house.

`oh you’re already awake. We bought something for you.’-Taehyung said as he raised his hand holding a bag of bulgogi.

But he didn’t respond, he didn’t even bothered to thank his brother. His gaze went to Irene and he just made her feel awkward and scared at the same time. So she step backward and hid herself at Taehyung’s back.

“well I guess there’s something we should talk about.” Taehyung said and he hands the bag of bulgogi to Irene. “follow me in my room.”Taehyung commands his brother just right after he passed by him.

Jungkook let go of Yeri’s hand and decided to follow his brother inside his room and there are the two ladies left in an awkward situation again.

“what was that?”Taehyung asked after Jungkook closed the door.

“miane hyung.”

Taehyun crossed his arms and bit his lips. This isn’t like his younger brother, he knows his brother as very much expressive compared to him and he’s just standing there pursing his lips as if he’s trying to hold back some words he wanted to say.

I am becoming impatient Jungkook. What was  that all about? – Taehyung asked his brother once again.

“Sorry. It’s just so uncomfortable seeing her with a black hair. It feels like a dead has risen from it’s thomb.” He responds.

“She never died. She has to pretend to be someone for the sake of her family.” Taehyung defended her.

“Will you please stop taking her side? She’s been living well for the past years while you were suffering. Hyung, I saw how you went in and out from the hospital, from the rehabilitation center, your unlimited dose of medication because all along you thought she was dead.”

Ok so that rude attitude just came out lately just because you thought she was the reason of my illness? – Taehyung asked him and he’s already pissed.

Yes. She wasn’t there when you’re that miserable. I blame myself every day since you’re not getting well despite of my presence and she’ll just come out after several years telling us that she has been alive since then? – Jungkook explained.

 Alright..  I know you’re upset and this is disappointing to you but you should also understand that she cured me. Her presence took my illness away and now I’m totally fine. – he defended her once again. He went near to his brother and gave him a tight hug. `you have to stop that feeling right now. I’m happy with her and I love her. If you see how miserable I was before without her you’ll see me more of it if I tell her to leave me.”

Jungkook stepped backward from his brother. He walked to the kitchen and approached Irene. “you.”he pointed her. “Come with me.” He harshly commands as if he’s older from the person he’s talking to.

It startled Irene but she knew both of them needs to share a word. She was really hesitant but Taehyung went out from his room and nod to her and because of that she gained a little bit of confidence to follow Jungkook. He really do looks like his brother when he’s angry.

Jungkook and Irene finally went out the house and now Taehyung and Yeri were left inside. It’s a good thing that the food that they bought are already prepared on the table. So he sit down and asked Yeri to join him.

“we haven’t properly introduced to each other. I am Taehyung, Jungkook’s older brother.” – he said with a smile.

“ne annyeonghasaeyo Yeri imnida.”she responds politely with a bow.

Irene still remained awkward being around Jungkook. She’s just following him and is completely clueless where they could be heading, for her every step she attempted to approach Jungkook but she’s holding herself back as she can feel Jungkook’s inner tension.

Jungkook is heading the way while she’s 5 steps away from him making a safe distance for her not to get stuck in an awkward situation. Being bothered, clueless and being in a situation that was very unpredictable she failed to notice that Jungkook stopped from walking and she unintentionally bumped to him.

He gazed at her. “watch it. Did your blue eyes also affect your vision?”

“no” she responded quickly but she can’t make an eye contact with him. “I’m just currently out of myself”

Jungkook suddenly felt that he became disrespectful towards her. So he ignored her and faced sideways, Irene followed the direction where he was looking at and she realized that she’s in front of the barbecue house where she and her friends usually come for some drinks and fun.

“I know you’re most likely aware that my brother is expensive but while you were away.. for years he usually comes here to have some of his comfort food.” – Jungkook explained.

“really? Why?” Irene confusedly asked.

Jungkook just shrug his shoulders telling her that he has no idea why but Irene couldn’t remember a time that she brought Taehyung in that restaurant. “follow me”Jungkook interrupted her.

They moved forward and the next thing she knew they were already at the wet market where she usually buy the ingredients for their chicken shop. Despite living in luxury for years she didn’t hesitate to go inside. She even like the smell of the fresh meats and some of the products there. It made her feel nostalgic, she even remember how Haechan helped her before in carrying the bags just for them to save the fare from the taxi.

“he also doesn’t go to the supermarket to buy ingredients for the food he cooks. He usually goes here to buy all the ingredients that he need.”_ Jungkook informed her once again. “He also never asked anyone to buy anything he needs.”

“Do you know why?” Irene asked Jungkook

Jungkook shakes his head.

“this is the place where we bought our supplies back then for the chicken shop.” Irene confidently told him but still the awkwardness divides the two of them. “I thought we’ll end up in a coffee shop or a private lounge for you to interrogate me but it seems like you’re telling me directly how did your brother live for the past 5 years.”

“Cause I have to.” Jungkook said without making an eye contact. He didn’t expect that Irene will figure out immediately what he is trying to do. “now that you’re here again he will no longer rely on us anymore.”

Irene nods and somehow it gave some comfortable silence. Irene never knew Jungkook personally but he’s giving the vibes of approval by just with his actions. They continue walking around the market and as they go further Irene really realized that nothing has changed. Jungkook kept the market that way, he knew for the past years that his brother loves to go there and so he bought the property and ordered everyone not to change anything in the area.

Jungkook kept on walking and still makes a distance from Irene which she understands that’s why she maintained walking behind him. The next thing she knew Jungkook brought her to Jimin’s food park. “some changed here but not those stall in that area.” Jungkook said as he faced forward at the end of the food park.

Irene walked towards the end and remembered how she went on a double date with Seulgi and her ex boyfriend Taeyong. It made her giggle while her eyes are closed avoiding every person passing by her and without her knowing that she’s in the middle of the way.

Jungkook just watched her from afar and it made him realized one thing. She also has the same smile and joy that his brother has when he’s around the area.  he’s totally clueless how significant the area is to both of them but he knew the area is special.

“So are you the one who’s insane now?” A voice interrupted Irene’s reminiscing. Her faced crumpled with pouted and as she turned around it was her brestfriend Kang Seulgi laughing harshly with her eye smile on her face.

“Oh do you think that’s funny?” she crossed her arms glaring at her bestfriend.

But ever since Irene met Seulgi with a different personality she never startled her because she knew she was her best friend and still her bestfriend. “Omo who are you trying to make feel intimidated?” Seulgi asked confidently.

“Yah Kang Seulgi I am currently trying to reminisce our moments here. Do you still remember when you’re here with your ex boyfriend?” She teased.

“Stop” Seulgi said as she raised her palms in front of her face “The only thing I remember here is when I first met Jimin,”

But Irene’s eyes enlarged and with excitement “You’re getting married?” She asked in surprise.